How Often Do You Visit DW (for those that don't have DVC)?

aprilbabes

Mouseketeer
It's the last day of our trip. This is the 3rd year in a row we've gone. The weather was terrible and our kids were crankier than ever. However, it's still Disney and I love it. I do wonder though if it's time for a break. Do we try something new and different or do what I know we love. Part of me thinks the kids will like any place with a pool. On the other hand, I find sitting at a pool or beach day after day to be boring!
How often does everyone else visit DW and how do you know when it's time for a break???

We visit (from the UK) every other year we went last year and our next trip is April 2015. We find this works for us, the year in between we will go somewhere in Europe - thus year we go to Cyprus in the summer and Italy later in the year.

We find this means whenever we go to disney there is something new to visit, last year was new fantasyland, next year we will have 7dmt, disney springs and the new shows at AK., it's keeps it exciting for the boys whereas I think even they would get fed up if we only ever went to disney

Our track record is a visit to either Disneyland Resort or WDW every 2 to 3 years. That's the plan we started out with but we missed a trip in 2006/2007 which resulted in a very long 7 year stretch between Disney trips. We got back on track in 2010. We took our kids to lots of awesome places during the off years though - ski trip to NH, Mexico, Lake Tahoe & Keystone Co in the summer, Hawaii, Florida beaches (no theme parks), the Outer Banks NC, Hilton Head SC, Virginia Beach & Williamsburg Va, Stone Harbor NJ.

We own a (non DVC) Wyndham timeshare that we trade through RCI. It has made a lot of this travel more affordable for us. For Disneyland Resort visits we stay with my family that lives in California. My sister's house is 15 minutes from the parks. For WDW we've stayed offsite in timeshares (Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Vacation Village at Parkway) or onsite with free dining. Our Spring Break 2015 WDW trip will be different though. DD15 will be going with her high school softball team and playing some games at the ESPN sports complex. DS17 will not be going along, but DH and I may join them as families are welcome.

Well, this was our first trip (Jan/Feb 2014), our next trip is tentatively going to be Fall 2015 (really anywhere from late September-early December). I am thinking it'll probably be an every other year or every 3 years trip for us. We enjoy doing other things too and my husband and I like getting away for just couple time as well. In 2013 we did an all-inclusive Sandals vacation in Jamaica and that was WONDERFUL (and cheaper than the Disney trip ;) ), we'll probably do another trip just my husband and I in early 2015. The kids love it cause they get a week with grandma and grandpa. On years we do something just the two of us we do have more of a budget for fun stuff with the kids. We enjoy all sorts of different experiences, the kids love camping, we are close enough to Wisconsin Dells that we can do a day trip there, the older kids love going to Six Flags. Disney was wonderful but I wouldn't give up all the other stuff to do Disney every year.

We try to go to WDW once a year and have since about 2004 skipping only 2007 (the year we got married and traveled to Hawaii instead). We actually went to WDW three times in 2012. This year, 2014, we don't have plans to go at all. We keep considering it, but just can't pull the trigger. We have a new baby coming in June and too much is in the air with FP+. We think our next trip will be next March. That will be almost two years in between trips the longest ever. Hopefully, FP+ will have most of the kinks worked out and the new baby will be about 9 mo. old.

I was planning on going yearly when my kids were aged 5-12.

So, we did our first 2 trips right on schedule. Then 6 months ago we saw the ripple effects of FP+, and started to rethink. I am not planning on going in 2014 (unless a really good steal comes up and we can't resist) because of these changes I experienced in Dec (we had new FP+ and legacy FP too at that time).

We'll wait it out this year.

We never make it the only vacation for the year, too much wanderlust to have just a Disney vacation.

It's the last day of our trip. This is the 3rd year in a row we've gone. The weather was terrible and our kids were crankier than ever. However, it's still Disney and I love it. I do wonder though if it's time for a break. Do we try something new and different or do what I know we love. Part of me thinks the kids will like any place with a pool. On the other hand, I find sitting at a pool or beach day after day to be boring! How often does everyone else visit DW and how do you know when it's time for a break???
We have been going every 2 years. First time kids were 3 & 15 months, second time, 5, 3 & 14 months. We would like to go every year, so we play it by ear!

We just started in 2010. My daughter was 7 and my son was 10 months old. We have gone to Orlando annually. In 2011, we went to do Sea World and Aquatica on a long weekend, but did end up due to cooler weather spending our final day at MK. We did Disney in 2012 and 2013 and we have our 2014 trip coming up at the end of the month. I had planned to do something else last summer; but, as soon as I mentioned summer vacation I was bombarded with passionate pleas to go back to Disney. I really wanted to return this year and I’m excited about it.

I am not planning on going in 2015 and don’t know when we will return after this year. I will probably at least give it a couple of years until my son gets tall enough to try more rides and my daughter is old enough and comfortable enough to wait outside the rides she doesn’t want to do.

We love to go and see the women’s basketball team at my alma mater and we travel to an annual tournament with them each March, but there are other things I want to do with them and dropping $3K plus on Disney each year kind of prevents that, especially with me being on my own. Now that my son is toilet trained I really want to cruise with them. My daughter though says she wants to do a Disney cruise at least once and of course my son wants to go on the Mickey boat. We’ll see.

For several years we went 2-3 times a year. Major financial instability hit us hard in 2009 and that was the last time we went. I have a trip planned for October and will get there if I have to sell my soul and walk from Indiana barefoot! Hopefully we will get back on at least a yearly schedule after this. Times are still tough, but getting better. My youngest is now almost 11 and by 2009 when she was 6 she had already been 14 times. Needless to say, we are obsessed. I think everyone should be able to go at least once and when someone tells me its too expensive, I tell them it can be affordable, you just have to know the tricks. It's fun to help people plan a trip they can afford!

We live nearby and go a lot. It's not really a vacation for us. We love to cruise as a family. My kids love Royal Caribbean and Disney Cruise line. Stuff for the adults and kids and if your kids are old enough it includes free kids club so hubby and I can have time to ourselves.

DH & myself had our first trip in 2006 for our honey moon. Then in 2010 went as a family with our then 2 year old. Since 2010 we have been 6x with our next trip scheduled for October. We said a few trips ago we would have to start going every other year now with having 2 kids will get more expensive, but we can't seem to wait that long, lol
So for now we go once a year!

I would go other places. I would be bored out of my mind if Disney was the only choice.

Financially, we go every three years but I plan to start going every other year now. Three years is just two long! I could defiantly go every year and never get bored. Every other is nice though b/c we try something different(cheaper) the years in between:)

Every year for the last 5 years, mainly because we cannot resist the military discounts. We meet my folks down there so that we can see them sometime in the fall/winter and do a very laid-back week where we only hit the park 4 days so it always feels like we see enough but don't become worn down. Our other vacation is in the summer where we go visit family in the northeast and spend 4 weeks in New England. In 2015, we will go to Disneyland in CA instead of DW and also spend some time in San Diego, because DH and I want to do a runDisney event on the west coast. We do have plans for more diverse travel as the kids get a little older but, right now, Disney is a good fit for our family and, as a bonus, my parents love seeing the kids there.

Every other to every year. If my kids weren't enjoying it anymore. I wouldn't take them back for a while. We also take many other trip in between as well. Last year we went out to Disneyland for the first time. We planned that trip for 2 years, because we wanted to take our son to Carsland while he was young enough to enjoy it, and appreciate all of it's glory, and boy did he! It was an amazing trip. Parts of DL were very familiar, and parts were completely new and exciting. Maybe your kids need a trip to DLR!

I think we will end up doing every year or every other year. We went in 2013 and 2014 and are taking next year off (having another baby this fall, decided on a Disney cruise instead) and will likely be back in 2016.

We are every 18 - 24 months for the most part. Have two weeks coming at beginning of june at FW, then it may be a awhile although my oldest is into harry potter. But when the bug bites, all I can do is youtube and disboard. Maybe a trip to the local disney store....

Currently, we're going once a year. Sometimes I want to go 2-3 times but won't do that without an AP. Part of the reason I like to do this is that all our recent trips have included at least one underaged (non-paying) child. It makes me feel like I'm getting a better deal by not having to pay for them. LOL. Whether that's true or not....:rolleyes:

After the littlest one turns three, I'd like to think every other year, but I may be voted down there. I love cruises and the mountains and desert. I've been to Europe and would like to go again (but hate the thought of flying these days). I really enjoy Disney, but there's so many other places in the world.

We went once on a business trip for DH before we were married.... it was not a good trip. Waited over 10 years and went when DS#1 was 3.5 yrs old because I was PG we went and it was wonderful. Waited 4 years for the little guy to be old enough to go on everything with us... great trip this past March.

We did cruise with Disney 2013... I just don't think I'm a cruise lover... my youngest didn't love it either and he was 3.

But.... don't think I'm rushing to get back to WDW. We may be tempted to do California because my DS#2 is a HUGE cars fan.... but I'm more excited to do things like Adventures by Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter