How often do you use your stroller rain cover?

mommy2paris

DIS Veteran
Hi! I bought a rain cover for each stroller, that I plan to take along on our trip, incase of rain. My question is, each time you all leave the stroller parked while you enter an attraction, do you put your rain covers on, incase it rains? It seems like it will be a pain to pull them out each and every time, but I feel like the one time I don't use it, it will pour while we're indoors.
Just wondering what you guys do. Thanks!

We never used a rain cover, just tossed a towel over the stroller. However, my ds is big enough to walk if his stroller gets soaked.

we packed it in the diaper bag just in case. One year we didn't need it and the other we were thankful that we had it because it rained cats and dogs. DD was the only one that kept dry. We didn't put the cover on when we parked it unless it was sprinkling.

We just went in June, and we had to buy lots of Ponchos! We used the rain ponchos to cover the stroller! It rained 3 days, but 2 were only moderate rain. One day it was pouring down so hard, we had to stay in. But i think that was the funniest day ever! :cool1:

We just went in June, and we had to buy lots of Ponchos! We used the rain ponchos to cover the stroller! It rained 3 days, but 2 were only moderate rain. One day it was pouring down so hard, we had to stay in. But i think that was the funniest day ever! :cool1:

We were there last June, and it rained so much that the rain cover was permanently left on the stroller. We just kept trucking on.... Disney's not generous with weather related refunds. :) LOL

I like to keep the cover on while we're on a ride/attraction. It's saved us quite a few times, and we don't usually travel during the rainy periods. My cover can just be scrunched up on the canopy when I want to use the stroller and then I just flip it over when I need it-- is that possible with your's?

It also helps me spot my stroller quicker.

Just get a few big binder clips and leave it on for the entire trip. You can pleat it back over the hood and clip it in place.

That also lets you open it out before parking the stroller while going onto a ride -- this can save you, especially at Epcot where you might be gone 45 minutes. I've lost count of the times I've seen people flabbergasted to come back to find not a cloud in the sky but the stroller soaked because of the cloudburst that happened while they were indoors.

We have had trips where we never use it, trips where we use it once or twice and then this past February, it was pretty much a constant on the stroller. We joked that DS 3.5 months had his own little space capsule in the stroller. ;)

My least favorite part of the rain cover is getting it folded back up after needing it only once!

I pack mine for every trip -- we ususally go in Oct and the weather is very unpredictable! I throw them in the bottom of the stollers and use as needed. If the weather is cloudy, I'll put it on while we're on a ride or away from the strollers for any length of time -- meals & attractions. HTH

We used it all the time! We went in Feb and the weather was rainy/windy at times. We also used big binder clips and used the cover every time we left the stroller. We had a bag in the basket below with extra clothes, jackets and souveniers that I wanted to keep dry. We saw many with ponchos thrown over their strollers and the wind kept blowing them off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter