How often do you eat table service meals?

Usually like once a day. One or two days without and usually we'll end up with a day with 2 TS. Mostly character breakfasts with maybe two dinners in the mix. We don't do the dining plan anymore. My kids are 6, 4, and 3.

We plan 1 TS per day. We have 4 kids 8 and under (soon to be 5 kids.) I am a very good planner. We pick our park days and general itinerary for rides to avoid crowds. We plan a sit down lunch or dinner each day depending on our plans. We always hit a park at opening and do most of our riding then. We take an afternoon break. We'll either eat a TS lunch right before our break or a TS dinner when we return. The late afternoon/evenings are for less crowded attractions and shows/parades. It works very well for us!

We have even done DxDDP in the past. It was nice to try once, but it was too much time in the restaurants for us and too much food! We do the best price-wise with the TIW card.

We do a TS breakfast early in the morning and a TS dinner later in the evening.

We'll grab a QS or hefty snack in between :thumbsup2

We've always had at least one TS per day, usually 2. My children are 13 and 8 and we've been going for 11 years now. So out of the 14 days, we would eat 2 TS meals per day for about 8-10 days and the rest is only once (usually 4-6 Signature dinners and they are usually early dinners).

My children are used to long restaurant dinners. When they were small, we brought some activity books for them to do when they've finished the ones the restaurant provides.

We do maybe 5 in a 10 day vacation...like every other day. We now always have a villa with a full kitchen so we usually eat two meals in the suite.

We have had both the table service and the quick service dining plan. I don't think we will ever do the ts meal plan again. It is hard being tied down to a reservation and it is ALOT of food. The qs works so much better for our family. We have a couple Table Service restaraunts we must do but we just pay out of pocket for those couple of meals. This seems to works best for us. Plus we always do Sci-Fi for shakes and onion rings OOP. That is a must do!

TS every dinner. Did it when kids were 3 and 6, and 9 and 12. We stay at Monorail resort. Would probably be different if offsite or at a value resort

In a ten day trip, about 5-6 table service, usually one breakfast, 1-2 lunches and three dinners. We don't like being tied down to reservations.

We do at least 1 per day, sometimes 2. We always have a TS dinner and sometimes breakfast.

I forgot to add my kids are 5, 2, 2

My kids are teenagers and we do one TS every few days. We don't care to do too many sit downs as we prefer to be on the move.

Every day of vacation. It's the way we wind down for the evening. We usually do a 6:00 or so reservation, finish about 90 minutes later, then head to a park for the evening.

We have been doing this on every vacation for as long as we have been going. My kids are now 5 and 8, but even when they were little, table service each night. It's a way for us to rehash the day, calm down, etc.

Every day we're on vacation. Although a bad habit we've yet to break is eating fast.

I have been taking my 6 yo triplets since they were 1 to Disney and we have at least 1 sit down a day. When they turned 4 yo we started doing 1 character meal in the morning and 1 signature meal a day but before that, we always did a character meals every day and a counter service. We now have a baby and this past August , we still did signature meals and character meals every day. I think that next year we will skip signatures as the baby will only be a 1yo and wait until she can understand that melt downs are not acceptable. that being said, if she continues as well as she is doing now(she' 7 months old) we will do signature also. Our sit down meal are the time of day we take to get a breath of cool air, time to talk about the good and bad things and what we will do next. It's our relax time and it's appreciated by all. My girls get tired real fast about the counter service options and I have to admit that I too get tired of it after a few days.

1-2 table service meals a day at most. We eat breakfast in our villa or do Trails end or Olivia's. We always have our big meal of the day as a table service late lunch. We try to get the last ressie time before the transition to dinner. Sometimes we go for an evening ice cream or if I am really hungry EOS in DTD for a salad or sandwich but lunch is usually enough to fill me up.

I usually aim for 3 TS meals a trip, one dinner on arrival day, one breakfast on departure day, and one during the week! We obviously have more when we're in the dining plan with TS we did one a day.

I find its nice to have an afternoon break with good food & air conditioning in most parks we finish early, do a dinner to take up time, and then do the nighttime festivities

How often do you eat table service meals and how old are your kids (if you have kids)? I'm assuming families with younger kids eat at counter service places more. Do you think table-service restaurants are worth it considering they cost more and take longer?

We eat TS meals once per day. We eat TS for our supper meal. We have tweens and teens so we don't do character meals on purpose.

I wouldn't eat a TS meal every day if we didn't have the DDP because every one of our sit down meals cost the 5 of us $200 plus tip. I would never pay that much to take my family out to eat normally but have only done it at DIsney because we had the free dining plan.

If I were paying OOP and it were just DH and myself I would still eat one TS meal every day but if it is all 5 of us, I would eat maybe 2 TS meals during the week we are there.

As far as how long it takes...our longest meal took almost 3 hours at T-Rex but that was not the norm. Most of our meals took 60-90 minutes and that was just fine. If they all took 2 hours or more we would not do the TS meals.

We do at least one TS every day. We will usually do 1-2 breakfast and the rest will be dinners. We do not do the dining plan as we like to split meals if they are big and sometimes I order off the kids menu.

We do at least one TS per day, minimum. That was our norm even when my DS12 was younger. I cant do QS all the time no matter how convenient.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

We don't do TS. I don't want to have to plan where we want to eat months in advance. We also tend to go in September and it is too hot to eat very much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter