How often do FP+ free up?

Skywise

DIS Veteran
Stupidly screwed up my FP+ for SDMT when I was rearranging some times for the BoG breakfast I had just snagged - (9:50pm is NOT 9:50am) and, of course, all the other SDMT times are gone now.

My trip is about 40 days out still - Is it worthwhile to keep monitoring the FP+ list, like ADRs, to see if they come free? Somehow I don't think SDMT is going to come available.

Need another sniper service grumble, grumble...

(There's late night EMH that night so my backup plan is to try to catch it after hours or try for a 4th FP+ like that would ever happen... although I'd rather do Space Mountain as the last ride of the night)

I haven't heard much luck with 7DMT FP+ same day. I have never seen one either. However, you could try riding during the parade or Wishes or right after Wishes. If you didn't need any other FP+, you get the 4th for some bogus ride and then keep looking at the app to try to change it to 7DMT. I did this successfully with Safari at AK, but that's kind of comparing apples and oranges.

At 30-something days out, we managed to snag a FP+ for 7DMT for 9:30-10:30am, which granted is a little early for us, but we still took it because it was better than the one at 6:30 pm! So, my advice is keep checking because you might get lucky!

Also, I learned, from trying to rearrange FP+ schedules that it's so much easier to do on the computer than through the app (if that makes a difference! Lol)

Also try looking for single FP+ with overlapping times. I was successful getting FP+ this way for great rides at great times 3 days before my trip.

Also try looking for single FP+ with overlapping times. I was successful getting FP+ this way for great rides at great times 3 days before my trip.

You should try this. I have had much more luck getting multiple individual FPs with overlapping times than a single time for multiple people. Many of my trips are planned a few weeks in advance and I can typically get FP for everything I want using this method.

Try calling the help number ASAP. A couple weeks ago, there was a mixup, and all my advance FPs disappeared. I called, and they were able to look in the system and confirm that I had had 7DMT FPs very recently, and they were able to give me new FPs. (And now they are for any time of day -- even better!)

During Spring Break I was able to get an A&E the day before.

So keep trying until the last minute, you never know if you'll get lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter