• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

how often do/did you bath your 3 month old?

miss missy

Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives?!
I bathed my kids everyday as soon as the bellybutton fell off. In the sweater summer, they got one 2 times aday.

I bath my gd when I have her once a week. Her mom says she only does it once a week since I do it the second time ,I have her the same day every week overnight :scared1: and she thinks you shouldn't bath them more than that??? I dont know why she thinks that?? Gd has no skin problems and LOVES the baths- she crys every time I take her out and she loves to fall asleep after. It sooo soothing for a baby. They wear diapers and need to be soaked ya know. I cant imagine why she wont clean her everyday, between diapers, dirty finger in the mouth all the time, lint in the toes lol, dripples under the neck... :confused3 Gosh its weird.

I've never given my kids a bath on a daily basis. They don't need to bathed daily unless they are really dirty. For babies, it can dry out their skin to be bathed too much. I did every other day to every third day.

Depending on whether she had any big "messes" or not, I used to bathe DD every other day.

one maybe 2 times a week.. the less you bath them the healthier their skin will be, baby soap will dry out their skin. If they aren't stinky.. leave them be!

I would be happy with every other day. When you see dirt under the finger nails, you know its been a while.

It was also a routine thing too. I know not to soap too much and get the skin thing.

In the winter only every other day, in the spring, summer and fall every day. The humidity here can make for a very sticky baby.

My son would prefer one every day....as part of his bedtime routine. So, we try to keep him happy! ;)

But the twins, no way! Bath time was a much bigger production, and I normally did it during the day time. I tried for every other day, but sometimes went longer. I had a friend that didn't even change her twins onesies every day....and they'd often be in the same sleeper for more than 24 hours. Now that's crazy! :rotfl:

I didn't bath my babies every day. Every time I changed their diapers they got wiped well, after eating they got their faces washed, etc. It's different when they're really getting dirty dirty, but even then it's based on need. Another one of these "there's no one right answer" things. :)

Every other day if we stayed home. If we had been out and about, every day.

Dirty fingernails does not indicate a dirty baby. My kids have come out of a bath with dirty fingernails. Sometimes you just need to scrub them with a brush. That's a heck of lot easier than a whole bath.

Babies have especially delicate skin, and doctors recommend against bathing them daily. (Obviously you want to wash their face/hands if they're dirty, and keep their privates clean!)

My kids have very sensitive skin (they and I are allergic to several types of soaps and lotions) as well as being prone to eczema, especially DS3. As babies they were bathed every 3 - 4 days. Now DS7 bathes every other day, and we go every 2 -3 days for DS3.

I never gave my DD8 a bath every day with the exception of the summer if she had sunscreen on and/or had been in clorinated water.

Even now DD takes a shower about every other day or even every 3 days in the winter. In the summer it's normally every day.

We avoid dirty finger nails by keeping them really short.

I have a habit of smelling her head every day and that's how I know when she's getting ripe :rotfl: .

I have a 3 month old and we bathe her every day occasionally every other. She is a spitter upper so it's a necessitity.

I remember I asked our ped about this when I was pregnant with our first and in a newborn class. His response was "well I sure feel better when I shower daily." Dh and I shower daily so I think the kids should as well.

If dd4 is really tired or hasn't really been out the house that day we'll skip it. Or sometimes she'll get in just to play for a while.

We don't have any skin issues from daily baths.

I think twice a week is fine. My daughter got a bath every other day, maybe every 3rd day, but my son was lucky if he got one a week. He HATED the bathtub as an infant so every bath was filled with screaming and crying from the moment he went in till about 15 minutes after he got out. Once he could sit up in the tub he liked it a lot more and then he got bathed more often.

Oh, we were suppose to wash them? ;)

I think I washed the oldest everyday, always using a bleach-cleaned baby-tub, 47 cotton balls, 3 face cloths, 230 Q-tips and 2 thermometer's (one for water temp and one for air temp)

The middle kid every other day in the kitchen sink and most of the time without the dishes.

The last one I sat on the livingroom floor and let the dog give a good once over with.

:upsidedow

Oh, we were suppose to wash them? ;)

I think I washed the oldest everyday, always using a bleach-cleaned baby-tub, 47 cotton balls, 3 face cloths, 230 Q-tips and 2 thermometer's (one for water temp and one for air temp)

The middle kid every other day in the kitchen sink and most of the time without the dishes.

The last one I sat on the livingroom floor and let the dog give a good once over with.

:upsidedow

:lmao: :lmao:

I started out bathing him every day, but his skin was so dry, his doctor said to cut it down to once or twice a week at the most. Of course I still washed his hands and face.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter