How often are requests met?

Figment&Piglet

“A dream can be a dream come true”
Jus wondering: we booked BCV for May 5-13, and requested non-smoking room, EPCOT view, and a crib. Confirmation came and said special requests are not guaranteed. I could live w/o the view request, certainly, but really DO need the NS and especially the crib. How likely will it be to get these requests, or should we make a contingency plan for the crib? (What plan, I don't know... ) Thanks for the help!

All DVC rooms have a pack-n-play crib in the room.

BCV has only a few smoking optional rooms, so in all likelyhood you'll be fine (with the possible exception of the Epcot view ;) ).

When making requests, make sure to list them in order of importance, since that's how they try to fill them.

Enjoy!

I've never been in a DVC room that didn't have a Pack N' Play crib in the closet. We've also had 100% success in getting a non-smoking room.

If the NS is due to medical needs, you can call Member Services and have it noted on your reservation.

Thanks for the suggestions. Never knew about the "order of importance" of requests! But just want to make sure I understand -- we actually own something called a Pack 'n' Play playpen from Graco. Is that what they give for a crib to sleep in?

The crib is a no brainer and the non smoking is highly likely to be met. Epcot view is another matter. Yes, it is the pack n play, sortof a cross between a crib and playpen. Pretty small if I recall correctly.

I saw a regular crib in the hallway at BWV in December. They must have been cleaning the room after check-out and rolled it out there to be picked up.

The crib need not even be a special request. If you arrive and one happens not to be in the room you just call housekeeping and it will be brought up. Non-smoking, as long as it is your first request in priority is almost assured (and note that if you simply gave them a list of requests qithout designating which one should be top priority, they assume non-smoking is). I would not even worry about the above. Where you are likely to strike out is the Epcot view. That is very few rooms at BCV --someone mentioned that MS told them it was only 3% of total rooms. There are a lot more rooms than that which actually face in the direction of Epcot but most of them have no real view because the area between the resort and Epcot consists of a lot of tall trees.

Unforunatley we had to make several requests when we last went "home" and brought my nephew with us as he is autistic and has a couple of specila needs. Noise was a big one for us so our first request was a quiet area. This meant I swear furthest away from the elevators but we aren't doing the elevator thing again here. Then we needed to request that our rooms be in the same vicinity as we were all traveling together and told that you can wind up on diffrent floors. Then the third request was to be on the fifth floor so he could see the fireworks but not hear them as he is hyper- sensitive to sound. I was told all requests are done by the way you have asked for them in order and also if thoses wishes can be done in order of who made the reservations first. Such as if everyone who made a reservation the week before me requested the fifth floor they would all get it.The Cm manager was wonderful with our "special" needs as they were of a medical neccesity.

The Pac n Play at the BCV is in the coffee table in the living room ( at least in one bedroom). lift the lid and there it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter