How nice is the Electrical Water Pageant?

MomOf2As

Earning My Ears
Hello! We have ADRs for The Wave at the Contemporary Resort for 7:50pm during one of the MVMCP nights. We're hoping to be able to watch the 9:30 Holiday Wishes fireworks from there, since we did not purchase the MVMCP tickets anymore (we're AP holders, and it just didn't seem worth it for us to shell out almost $200 for these). We have never seen the EWP before, and I read somewhere that we can watch it from the CR at 10:10pm. Does anyone know how far the two viewing areas are? We have two small boys with us who will probably both be just about ready to drop by then. Is the EWP worth catching?

Thanks!

It's one of those things that's cute if you happen to catch it, but not really worth waiting around for. It's about 8 or 10 barge floats with images in lights on them - a dragon, turtles, a flag, etc.

It's ok, but nothing I would go out of my way to see. If you happen to be there at that time it is a fun little bonus. :)

Hello! We have ADRs for The Wave at the Contemporary Resort for 7:50pm during one of the MVMCP nights. We're hoping to be able to watch the 9:30 Holiday Wishes fireworks from there, since we did not purchase the MVMCP tickets anymore (we're AP holders, and it just didn't seem worth it for us to shell out almost $200 for these). We have never seen the EWP before, and I read somewhere that we can watch it from the CR at 10:10pm. Does anyone know how far the two viewing areas are? We have two small boys with us who will probably both be just about ready to drop by then. Is the EWP worth catching?

Thanks!

It is a very simple parade on the water, not much more. That said, there's something kinda magical about its simplicity, and my DD8 absolutely loved it when we watched it from Poly Beach in February. She was disappointed when I told her we couldn't stay to watch it this past Saturday.

I have to agree with the other posters- I wouldn't go out of my way to see it. I happened to see it as we were waiting at Magic Kingdom for our resort bus to show up. It was cute and I liked it, but I wouldn't consider it a must-see event.

It's simple, but for my kids it's a must see. They're singing the music before the floats even arrive. :P

Ok, so not really worth it then? I was hesitant because I'm thinking my boys probably wouldn't be awake enough to watch it. Maybe we'll catch it on our way to the resort buses too. From what area of MK can we see it?

Thanks for all the quick replies!

You can see it from:

-Poly Beaches
-GF Beaches
-MK Port (I think it still goes there)
-Fort Wilderness
-Contemporary Beaches

I wouldn't go out of my way to catch it. We usually stay at a Monorail resort, and unless we were watching from our room we'd not bother. BUT, that being said - if for some reason they want to see it - why not!

My 7yo twins love. it. I mean LOVE love it. They would watch it every night of our trip if I would let them. (I really like it too, and would be awfully disappointed if I didn't see it at least once every trip.)

Kids really like it, it's simple it's catchy and it's good for when they're falling asleep.

The best place to see it is from the Contemporary's dock. You just exit the lobby towards Bay Lake and keep walking past the pools.

electricsoup said:
You can see it from:

-Poly Beaches
-GF Beaches
-MK Port (I think it still goes there)
-Fort Wilderness
-Contemporary Beaches

I wouldn't go out of my way to catch it. We usually stay at a Monorail resort, and unless we were watching from our room we'd not bother. BUT, that being said - if for some reason they want to see it - why not!

Agree!

Every night at 10PM going past Bay Lake Tower for eight nights was horrible.

I suspect your boys would like it, but it's not a deal breaker if you miss it. I like to watch it once each trip, but frankly it's probably mostly nostalgia. My husband can't really stand it, he just comes along to appease me. And I buy him an expensive drink from the Tiki Bar at the Poly.

Every night at 10PM going past Bay Lake Tower for eight nights was horrible.

When we stayed at BLT, it went by around 10:25pm, and we couldn't fall asleep until it was gone. I agree, it was cute once, just not 5 nights in a row after bed time. One reason I don't care to go back to BLT.

Ok, so not really worth it then? I was hesitant because I'm thinking my boys probably wouldn't be awake enough to watch it. Maybe we'll catch it on our way to the resort buses too. From what area of MK can we see it?

Thanks for all the quick replies!

If you haven't seen it, it really is a classic worth catching. Especially since you will already be at The Contemporary.

A quick hint for viewing the fireworks.... the viewing platform is located on the 4th floor of the Contemporary, but if you climb the stairs located to the right of the viewing platform you can actually have a much better view (and you can still hear the music for the fireworks)

I think it's really quite charming...loved seeing it in the past at the WL and especially loved seeing it from the Poly beach last year. My DS5 would be in a panic every night that we weren't going to get out there in time to see each night (which he insisted on because he loved it)!

You didn't say how far you have to travel with the boys afterward but, if your commute isn't too bad and it works out fairly well with the timing of your dinner, I say go for it!

I think its a great show to watch. It very fun and cute. Its really nice after dinner! I def recommend seeing it! :goodvibes

We watched it in Aug at WL and a big heron watched with us from the dock. I agree with the others it is neat but don't make a huge effort.

I saw it 26 years ago and still try to catch it every visit. My DGD loved watching it go by as she played in the sand on the Poly beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter