• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How My Husband Saved Mother's Day: With a SURPRISE Trip to WDW!/July PTR -We're Back!

Super cute autograph books!!! I just love the Disney Star Wars characters, so adorable!!

Toy Story dinner & movie night looked fun. Those cupcakes...love them!

Yea for Mickey mail...awesome Mickey mail at that! Cant believe your trip is right around the corner :)

a little late to the party but love your plans so far! What a sweet surprise from your husband! I can feel your excitement thru your posts!!! Oh love your autograph books:banana::banana:

Thanks for joining in! And thank you for your compliments on my books!:goodvibes They were a lot of fun to make. I really can't wait 'till this trip. We seriously need a vacation! :rotfl:

Super cute autograph books!!! I just love the Disney Star Wars characters, so adorable!!

Toy Story dinner & movie night looked fun. Those cupcakes...love them!

Yea for Mickey mail...awesome Mickey mail at that! Cant believe your trip is right around the corner :)

Thanks! We had a lot of fun with those cupcakes. I can't believe how close our trip is either. My husband actually said to me "You know what I love about this trip?...I like that we didn't have a lot of time to plan!" :scared::faint: He has NO IDEA! :rotfl2:

Luck you! You're getting 2 posts for the price of 1 today!

PART UN: BRAVE MOVIE NIGHT
My husband teaches band and literally the DAY after school ended he began working with a local Drum Corps that he helped to found in '04. Anyway, he finally had last Friday OFF so we decided to take the kids to opening day of BRAVE!:3dglasses Oh em gee. This movie is SOOOO good! We loved it. It made both me & DH cry buckets. We LOVED it! :love: Everyone should go see it. Its a movie for everyone but especially moms... and teenagers... and moms of kindergarteners who think they're teenagers.

We NEVER go to movies so when we do go, we splurge. We got popcorn popcorn:: AND Raisinets!
IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

DD's First movie!
IMG_2250.jpg

DS enjoying the treat. Don't worry, I didn't take pictures once the lights went out!
IMG_2251.jpg

We came home and made grilled kabobs for dinner. Get it? Like the bow and arrow? The kabob is the arrow! :lmao: I also made some Scottish shortbread. I had NO IDEA how ridiculously easy this stuff is to make. Holy guacamole. Its so easy, its dangerous. And delicious ;) We also made mini bow and arrows and held a tournament at the dinner table. Not quite sure of the final score, but I'm sure I won. :rolleyes1

Kabobs
IMG_2253.jpg

Mmmmmmm.... steeeaaaak
IMG_2255.jpg

I think I heard somewhere that it's called shortbread because it never lasts long when you make it. That is certainly true in our house! It was gone by morning! :rotfl2:
IMG_2258.jpg

The supplies for our mini archery tournament
IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

DS tries his luck... actually, I'm pretty certain that none of us ever hit those targets!
IMG_2260.jpg

We had a lot of fun and it was so awesome to be able to take the kids to the theater. I am also glad to see how well they both sat through it! Maybe we CAN do Hall of Presidents on this trip! :lmao:

PART DEUX: SNACK BAGGIES
I know, I know its really early. But the thing about me is that I know that I procrastinate so I know that I never have enough time. So when I do have time, I sneak in little things like putting together snack baggies... a month in advance. I am a planner but I plan in my head so when I actually DO something I feel pretty accomplished.

Okay, so I did this last year and it worked out pretty well then I saw another mom post about it on another thread so it reminded me that I needed to get it done. See, I make little snack baggies for each of us, each day of our trip. I label the baggie with each person's name and the date. I choose prepackaged snacks that won't melt. Its hard to keep the selections healthy but these are things that we don't buy the rest of the year and hey, we're on vacation. We are on the DDP so we'll probably be using these as breakfast most days. Rice Crispy Treats have cereal in them, right!

My killer organization skillz. Snack baggies all laid out :cool2:
IMG_2266.jpg

...and bagged up. Done and done.
IMG_2268.jpg

I just thought these were cute :goodvibes
IMG_2267.jpg

I thought I'd pack these in a small suitcase along with diapers, wipes and other things that we'll use up and not have to bring home. Then, hopefully, we'll have a full suitcase to bring home our souvenirs in! Clever me. :)

What do you normally do for grab & go snacks? Have any more clever tips you're willing to share?

Stay tuned... Next week I will bring you a mini TR from Seattle and watching the WONDER Sail Away!:sail:

It seems like there's not that much information on PhotoPass+ so I thought I'd let you in on my experience so far.

When I first brought up PhotoPass+ to DH he wasn't interested at all. It was $200.00 so at $80.00 more than the regular pre-purchase CD it wasn't really worth it to us at that point. Well.... then they came out with their pre-purchase deal on the PhotoPass+ and it became a whole lot more attractive. I used my Disney Logic to convince DH that it would be a fabulous deal! :rotfl:

Me: "Sooooo... I got a coupon today..." :rolleyes1
DH: "How much?" :roll eyes:
Me: "mmmm... about $50?"
DH: :confused:
Me: "See, remember that PhotoPass+ thingie? Well, now they're offering it for $170 and we already paid $120 for the CD. It would include Josh's Pirate's League photos and ALL our ride photos! If we paid for each photo, we'd only have to buy 3 ride photos for the same cost. This way we get ALL of them! Its a really good deal. See, it saves money in the end. We should totally do it." :idea:
DH: "Okay. Do it." :upsidedow
Me: :woohoo:

So I ordered it, quick as a bunny, before DH could change his mind! Since I had already paid for the PhotoPass CD, I called the number on their Facebook page and asked if I could upgrade to the PhotoPass+. They told me that they would credit my account for the amount of the CD and all I had to do was to log in in 48 hours, add the PhotoPass+ pre-order offer to my cart and pay the difference. It worked flawlessly. I ordered it on Saturday evening. They said it would take up to 14 days to receive the package but it arrived today by UPS. I specified standard shipping when I placed the order but I noticed on the shipping slip it noted that they sent it 2nd Business Day.

The whole kit 'n' caboodle: Stock photo CD, Voucher for PhotoPass+ card, and Code to redeem for the PhotoPass CD (not pictured)
Noaddress.jpg

Voucher for PhotoPass+ card. They repeatedly tell you that you MUST bring it with you to receive your card.
IMG_2275.jpg

Closeup of directions on the front of the voucher
IMG_2274.jpg

Back of voucher
nobarcode.jpg

Closeup of the front of the CD case. There is a sticker on the side that says "No Returns or Refunds if Seal is Broken" Of course, then I immediately broke the seal :laughing:
IMG_2277.jpg

Inside the CD Case: Stock Photo CD on the right, PhotoPass+ brochure on the left
IMG_2278.jpg

The brochure includes the code you use when you order your PhotoPass CD and directions for ordering
IMG_2279.jpg

Brochure fully opened
IMG_2280.jpg

I didn't take a picture of the back as it is just boring legal stuff. Anyway, if anyone has any questions about it so far, I'd be happy to answer them to the best of my knowledge and limited experience. :goodvibes

Have a Happy & Safe 4th of July Weekend! And to those not in the US, have a great weekend too!

I wanted to hop over!:wave2:

Ok in my best Rapunzel voice, Best Mother's Day Ever! How sweet of your DH to plan all that out for you!:hug:

Your children are absolutely precious. I definitely think our sons would get along! I was :rotfl2: at the worst question is who is this? Google has helped me with that too:thumbsup2 I think he will like Pirate League and the pirate room. I'm so impressed that your DH researched that. My DH had no idea what a pirate room was!

Your daughter is so cute. I love that she's a girly girl. Tessa is not, at least not yet. I hope she likes her haircut!

Ok, that's all I have time to read now but I will get caught up soon.:goodvibes

I wanted to hop over!:wave2:

Ok in my best Rapunzel voice, Best Mother's Day Ever! How sweet of your DH to plan all that out for you!:hug:

Your children are absolutely precious. I definitely think our sons would get along! I was :rotfl2: at the worst question is who is this? Google has helped me with that too:thumbsup2 I think he will like Pirate League and the pirate room. I'm so impressed that your DH researched that. My DH had no idea what a pirate room was!

Your daughter is so cute. I love that she's a girly girl. Tessa is not, at least not yet. I hope she likes her haircut!

Ok, that's all I have time to read now but I will get caught up soon.:goodvibes

Hi Megan! I am so glad you made it over to my PTR! Isn't it nuts with those Star Wars characters?! There's just so MANY of them! :scared: I have been considering getting that Star Wars Encyclopedia for MYSELF :rotfl2: Last Christmas we got DS one of those Lego Star Wars advent calendars and of course, I had no idea what most of the figures were. We finally found this woman's blog who had taken it all apart before hand and figured out what they all were. Genius! :rotfl: Our morning routine became: open the advent calendar, put together the figure, speculate as to what it is ("is it a droid?... No, its a weapon!... ") Then check the blog... ("OOOHHH! Its a... chair? Okaaayy" :confused3) Anyhow, it would be awesome to someday go to Disney during Star Wars Weekend. :goodvibes

I was so nervous about Harmony and how good the actual haircut would be. I am so glad I saw your pictures! Tessa looks so cute with her new do! Its good to know that they are experienced with kids who may not want their hair cut. I have no idea how DD will do with a stranger touching her hair. I was picturing leaving with only half of her hair done! I'm excited though! So I guess we'll see!

Okay, so there's good news and bad news. First for the good: I am making good on my promise to do a mini TR about our weekend in Seattle. I grew up in Seattle and my parents, brother and SIL still love over there. I moved over to the east side when I met DH. I know, I moved for a BOY! But he was worth it. :love2: I LOVE my home city! Seattle is just an amazing city to visit. Its so beautiful and there's so much to do. If anyone gets a chance to visit, go for it! You won't be disappointed!

Now for the bad: I did not get to see the Wonder :sad2: There were probably a couple of reasons that contributed to that. One was my own error. I miscalculated where the port was. It was leaving out of Pier 91 which is not really anywhere close to the waterfront and I was thinking that it was going out of Pier 66 which is pretty much at the heart of the waterfront. I was thinking we would be able to spend the day down there, grab some fish & chips and watch it sail away. Anyway once I looked at a map I knew I was way off in my thinking. The other reason was that no one else was interested in the sail away except for me! :rotfl2: My family all thought I had gone nuts. ("You want to watch a cruise ship sail away that we're not on?") It just wasn't worth the extra effort at that point. Hopefully I WILL get to see it sail away someday but WITH ME on it! :cool1:

Alright, so I have a lot of pictures so I may have to split this into two posts but here it goes. What We Did On Our Trip to Seattle:

I guess I need to give a little back story as to why we were going over there in the first place. I mean, besides visiting my wonderful family! Eric has been involved in a drum corps, on and off, for the last 8 years. He helped to found the group in 2004 and periodically writes drill and teaches the brass line depending on what we have going on as a family. This year he did both and it was a pretty big commitment. For those of you who aren't In The Know a drum corps is kind of like a professional marching band but without woodwinds. Its battery, (marching drums) brass (trumpets, tubas, etc.), and a pit (non-marching percussion). They have weekend camps throughout the school year and as soon as school is out, they move in to the high school and work from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm every day for two weeks. At the end, they go on a tour of the northwest and compete with other groups around the country. Eric left Thursday afternoon with the corps to head off to Portland and we would leave Friday morning, spend the night with my mom in Seattle then meet up on Saturday for the show. Eric's commitment ended in Seattle so we were going to spend a few extra days with the fam and having fun.

As usual, I had every intention of leaving bright and early Friday morning. I was going to have the house cleaned, car packed and the only thing we would be responsible for would be to shower and get dressed and hop in the car. Well, we all know where the road paved in good intentions leads... I swear time actually does go by faster when you are trying to get out the door. 7:30 am turned into 9:30 am REALLY QUICKLY. We hopped in the car, switched on the portable DVD player (seriously, how did we survive without these?) and were on our way! The kiddos were pretty happy until Finding Nemo was over and they were DONE. 90 minutes down, 4 hours to go... Sorry kids, but we're in this for the LONG HAUL! I stopped at the first rest stop I found so we could stretch our legs and change the movie.

Super awesome rest stop fun time
IMG_2285.jpg

IMG_2287.jpg

"That should do it" I thought to myself. "We could totally just do a drive through for lunch and make it to the pass by noon." :laughing: So naive. So, so naive. How could I have POSSIBLY thought that the kids would allow me to go through the McDonalds drive through without stopping when there was a PLAY LAND in perfect view? Yah. That wasn't happening.

So we got out and spent an hour here:
IMG_2288.jpg

When I was in college over here and I would make the trip back to Seattle by myself or with friends, we could do the drive in 4 hours or less. We may or may not have been going a tad over the speed limit... :rolleyes1 Now, with KIDS, it took me 6 hours!!! My how times have changed. We finally arrived at my parents house around 3:30. The cool thing was that one of the neighborhood churches had a little block party going on so we got to get out of the car and go straight to some fun! There were bouncy castles, face painting, snow cones, cotton candy, games, prizes and TONS of food. And all of it was free! Thats the great thing about Seattle. It seems like there's always something like that going on. Especially in the summer. After stuffing ourselves silly with sweets, we went back to my mom's house to have a delicious home-cooked meal. And I didn't skip dessert. :rolleyes:

We woke up Saturday morning ready to see Eric again after 2 days of him being on the road with the corps. I called him and there was some confusion about what was going on and where they were staying. I thought they were in Renton and they were actually in Auburn. He had told me before that once they arrived in Seattle, his responsibilities ended and we could just enjoy the day and the show as a family but when I talked to him that morning he told me that he had to teach until 2:00pm. I wasn't happy. :mad: A compromise was made and we decided that we would pick him up in Auburn, have lunch together then he would teach for an hour then we would head to show. It was a bit of a mess but we figured it out. We got to the school where they were staying around noon. The kids were really happy to see daddy! We ate lunch at this little Mexican place then watched the corps practice for a while before heading to the show.

If you've never heard of drum corps or have never seen a show, its actually pretty cool. Some of the bigger corps are pretty innovative with elaborate costumes and complicated drill (marching band speak for choreography).

While we waited, the pep band for the Seattle Sounders played some fun music
IMG_2305.jpg

There were 5 different drum corps competing on different levels. The World Class corps are the big draw. For this show they were the Blue Knights and the Boston Crusaders. The Blue Knights did a show about birds and they had these crazy bird costumes on the color guard. The Crusaders did a show about the Titans and it was as epic as the name suggests. The whole night was very entertaining!

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2312.jpg

IMG_2314.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

My 21st Century children...
IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2321.jpg

In every good relationship there is give and take. Push and pull. Yin and yang. My husband and I couldn't be more perfect for each other! :lmao: As much as I live to plan a head, make lists and do spreadsheets, Eric loves spontaneity.

Sunday was our relax day. We went to the park and chilled out with my family. My brother & SIL came over and we all hung out. It was nice. My son just LOVES his uncle. My brother is the young, "cool" uncle who can do absolutely no wrong. :cool2: At home, if there's something we can't figure out... "I bet Uncle Austin could do it." If there's something we can't reach... "I bet Uncle Austin could reach it." If there's something we don't know... "I bet Uncle Austin knows it." :rotfl2: And if there's a very, very close second in the favorite-family-member-department, is my stepdad, "Papa". Josh was just thrilled to spend the whole day doing crazy boy stuff and I think the big boys were just as thrilled! :rotfl:

The boys take over the teeter-totter while us girls find something a little less rambunctious.
IMG_2339.jpg

IMG_2342.jpg

Monday Eric surprises me again! pixiedust: This time he bought us Mariner's tickets for that evening's game! :cheer2: Told you he's spontaneous ;)

We had already decided that we were going to spend the day at the water front and the public market then meet my mom, brother and SIL on the pier to get some fish & chips.

Side note: If for some reason you're reading this and thinking "But Lauren, you said in the beginning of this PTR that you don't like fish. Why are you going out to fish & chips" The answer is: If its battered and fried, its no longer sea food. :lmao: That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Ok, so back to the market. The weather has been pretty terrible so the market is PACKED inside. I mean, its always crowded but it seemed way more crowded than I remember it being for a Monday afternoon. I don't know. Maybe I just haven't been in so long I don't remember :confused3

No matter what, I still think the Public Market is a fun place to wander. We'd never brought the kids before and they loved all the sights.
IMG_2350.jpg

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2351.jpg

IMG_2353.jpg

IMG_2354.jpg

Eric isn't really much of a browser though, so we were only there for maybe an hour before he got bored. We left the market and went down to the waterfront to check out the gigantic ferris wheel they just built down there. The line was insanely long and I think it was like $15 a person to ride so we skipped it but I got this one picture:

Maybe someday we'll bite the bullet and do it. I bet the view is spectacular!
IMG_2410.jpg

Continued in the next post...

With no other ideas and still a couple hours to kill we decided to hit the aquarium. The Seattle Aquarium is a really cool aquarium! It mostly focuses on the animals you would find in and around the Puget Sound but there are a few other exhibits with tropical fish and such. At one point I handed Josh my camera and he had a blast just snapping away.

IMG_2355.jpg

IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

IMG_2365.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2400.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

After the aquarium, we met my family for dinner at The Crab Pot... except I found out the place I thought was The Crab Pot for MY ENTIRE LIFE, wasn't really The Crab Pot, it's The Salmon Cooker. :confused3 Oh well! :rotfl2: Its still good! Its a little walkup fish & chips counter outside The Crab Pot, for anyone who might be looking for good, fresh, fish. They have cod, halibut and salmon. They have burgers too and really good ice-cream. Unfortunately Josh had used up all my battery life in the aquarium so I didn't get any pictures of the food. :sad2:

After dinner we said our good byes to my family and headed off to the Mariner's baseball game! No, the Mariner's aren't very good. But that's not why people watch baseball, is it. We watch baseball to chill out! We got overpriced popcorn and ice cream, coffee, lemon aid and soda and just chilled out. It was awesome!

So here's my one and only picture from the game and the last one my camera would allow
IMG_2411.jpg

It was a really fun game. We won.

Tuesday morning we left as early as we could because we had to get back home and back to work! :laundy:

Oh my goodness, I have to get this PTR going or I won't finish before we leave!!! I can't believe that we have less than two weeks until our trip! Woot woot! :banana::banana::banana:
There's so much left to do and so little time! Today I did get one tiny, silly little thing checked off my To Do List: I bought a tube of Mentos gum. The funny thing is, I hate gum. I mean I really, REALLY hate gum. It tweaks out my crazy and makes me think of chewing on germs and bacteria. :scared: And yes, I totally know I'm completely nuts. :rotfl2:

Side Note: We took my FIL out to dinner for his birthday today. Sneaky little DD slides under the table. No sooner do I look over at her seat, say "where'd Evelyn go" and she pops up CHEWING A PIECE OF GUM!!! :scared1::crazy2::faint: My. Worst. Nightmare. THAT, my friends, is why I HATE GUM. Blaugh!

But I bought it for the tube, not the gum. I gave the gum to DH and told him to take it to work... AWAY from the house! Anyhow, the tube is the perfect size to hold pennies and quarters for those penny squishing machines! Josh and I are obsessed with these things. They are silly but for some reason, whenever I see one I have to do it! When my son got into them, it made it that much harder... "Mom? Can we squish a penny?" ... "Well, if you're going to twist my arm...":rolleyes1

Ok, on with my day by day.

Day 5: Epcot #2
So this is our second day at Epcot and I am actually hoping that we can sleep in and take advantage of the resort a little before hitting the park. If I say this to DH, he will think we are wasting our time not being at a park but if I say nothing at all, my plan will work out perfectly... :rotfl2: I would just love to get a cheese danish (mmmmmm... cheeeeeese daaaanish) and a lemon aid and sit in a hammock on the beach! :cloud9:

Once we're off to Epcot, I think we'll probably mostly focus on the World Showcase on this day and maybe repeat a couple rides over in FW that DS might want to do. We are all really excited about the new Agent P game so I am certain we will sign up for that. We will also continue our Princess hunt for my niece's birthday card! :goodvibes

I am really looking forward to lunch in the WS! I have absolutely no idea where I'd like to try. Every place sounds good! We're do a counter service so I guess I don't actually have to decide RIGHT NOW but I've been scouring the menus just the same. Each day I think I've decided where I would like to ever-so-gently steer my family then I read a different menu item that sounds delicious and I change my mind! :rotfl: Today, its Morocco. I'm pretty sure I could convince DH to go there with the lure of sliders and there's always chicken strips for the kiddos. I'm just not sold on dessert.... however Karmel Kuche is just a hop and a skip away. Just saying'. I am also pretty curious about the American Dream frozen slushy thing at the American pavilion. I am certain I could convince DS to get one so I could have a sip or three. I would like DS to see The American Adventure. He's going into Kindergarten in the fall... do you think it will go over his head? Or is it family oriented?:confused3 I've seen it before but its been soooooooooo long ago that I don't remember a thing about it. Oh well. I guess, we'll find out, won't we?!

For dinner, we have an ADR at The Garden Grill! I am so excited! I am pretty certain that we ate here once on a trip as kids. I totally remember the rotating part and seeing the different scenes from Living with the Land but I don't remember it being a character meal. I also don't remember it being a fixed menu but then again, I don't remember what food we ate at all either. Has this restaurant changed a lot over the years? Anyhow, I think the fixed menu looks great. I also like that I don't have to make a lot of choices. At that point in the trip, I'm pretty sure that I will enjoy having the choice made for me! :lmao: The kids will love Farmer Mickey. Heck, I'll love Farmer Mickey! And I'm already having dreams about that berry cobbler. I think this is one of our later ADR's so I am not sure that we'll be able to stay for IllumiNations but I hope we get to see it a second time. After that we'll have to get back to CBR and start the unthinkable... packing! :sad:

It will be an early morning the next day to check out and get on a bus for our final day at the Magic Kingdom. Its an EMH morning and we fully intend on taking advantage of it!

Your trip is right around the corner!!! :cool1:

Seattle looks like fun. I have never been there, but I would like to go there someday.

You are doing Epcot the same way we are, our 1st day there will be focused on FW and the 2nd day we will focus on WS. We didnt spend nearly enough time in Epcot a few years ago when we were there last.

Hi Megan! I am so glad you made it over to my PTR! Isn't it nuts with those Star Wars characters?! There's just so MANY of them! :scared: I have been considering getting that Star Wars Encyclopedia for MYSELF :rotfl2: Last Christmas we got DS one of those Lego Star Wars advent calendars and of course, I had no idea what most of the figures were. We finally found this woman's blog who had taken it all apart before hand and figured out what they all were. Genius! :rotfl: Our morning routine became: open the advent calendar, put together the figure, speculate as to what it is ("is it a droid?... No, its a weapon!... ") Then check the blog... ("OOOHHH! Its a... chair? Okaaayy" :confused3) Anyhow, it would be awesome to someday go to Disney during Star Wars Weekend. :goodvibes

I was so nervous about Harmony and how good the actual haircut would be. I am so glad I saw your pictures! Tessa looks so cute with her new do! Its good to know that they are experienced with kids who may not want their hair cut. I have no idea how DD will do with a stranger touching her hair. I was picturing leaving with only half of her hair done! I'm excited though! So I guess we'll see!

:rotfl2: That is too funny about the Advent Calendar! Anthony wanted that sooo bad but we never ended up getting it. Maybe this year.:thumbsup2 I bought him a Lego Star Wars sticker book last year that had all the characters in it. It was very informative!:rotfl:

I think your DD will be fine at Harmony. Just let them know before hand that she may be scared. One of the barbers does not allow children to sit on a parent's lap so I would just make them aware that she may need to do that. Thanks we love Tessa's hair cut! It's so much easier than all that hair. I was afraid about having half a hair cut too! If we hadn't found those bubbles it may have been a possibility!

Okay, I have read through your ADR post! You must get to Starring Rolls! Can you believe I did not get there in May?:sad: I can't wait to try the Red Velvet Cupcake!

We ate lunch at H&V this trip and like you I could find NOTHING on it! We all enjoyed it. It wasn't real crowded and I really liked the salmon and turkey sandwiches they had. Anthony ate 3 plates!

Flametree BBQ is my favorite CS place in Disney World. I did not make it there this trip either! What was wrong with me?!?

We did Crystal Palace breakfast last year and I loved it! Very, very good. As for MK CS we have eaten at Cosmic Rays and Columbia Harbour House. Both are really good. I have eaten at the Moroccan CS place in Epcot and it's really good too. Sunshine Seasons looks like it has a lot of variety but we have never been.

Ok back to read more!

Your trip is right around the corner!!! :cool1:

Seattle looks like fun. I have never been there, but I would like to go there someday.

You are doing Epcot the same way we are, our 1st day there will be focused on FW and the 2nd day we will focus on WS. We didnt spend nearly enough time in Epcot a few years ago when we were there last.

9 days! I'm in the single digits! :banana::banana::banana:

Seattle is awesome. Of course, the weather is hit or miss. When we were there it was in the upper 50's. Yup. In July. You can't tell from the picture but most of the kids are wearing short, stocking caps, sweaters, socks and sandals. A true Northwest fashion statement! :rotfl2: The day we left, it was in the 80's! So, yes, the weather is pretty fickle. However, IMHO, there is absolutely no other city more beautiful than Seattle on a gorgeous day. Especially when the mountain is out! :cloud9:

:rotfl2: That is too funny about the Advent Calendar! Anthony wanted that sooo bad but we never ended up getting it. Maybe this year.:thumbsup2 I bought him a Lego Star Wars sticker book last year that had all the characters in it. It was very informative!:rotfl:

I think your DD will be fine at Harmony. Just let them know before hand that she may be scared. One of the barbers does not allow children to sit on a parent's lap so I would just make them aware that she may need to do that. Thanks we love Tessa's hair cut! It's so much easier than all that hair. I was afraid about having half a hair cut too! If we hadn't found those bubbles it may have been a possibility!

Okay, I have read through your ADR post! You must get to Starring Rolls! Can you believe I did not get there in May?:sad: I can't wait to try the Red Velvet Cupcake!

We ate lunch at H&V this trip and like you I could find NOTHING on it! We all enjoyed it. It wasn't real crowded and I really liked the salmon and turkey sandwiches they had. Anthony ate 3 plates!

Flametree BBQ is my favorite CS place in Disney World. I did not make it there this trip either! What was wrong with me?!?

We did Crystal Palace breakfast last year and I loved it! Very, very good. As for MK CS we have eaten at Cosmic Rays and Columbia Harbour House. Both are really good. I have eaten at the Moroccan CS place in Epcot and it's really good too. Sunshine Seasons looks like it has a lot of variety but we have never been.

Ok back to read more!

You had H&V lunch too?! I think instead of doing a TR, I'm just going to copy & paste yours! :rotfl2::lmao:

I wish Josh was as an adventurous eater as Anthony. I was looking through your TR again last night and I was getting so jealous! Josh would never want to go to Les Chefs or Katsura grill with me! Oh well, maybe he'll grow into it. :thumbsup2 I really want to try the Moroccan place now. It sounds delicious!

This day had to come, didn't it! Our last day of vacation :sad: Normally, I am not the sort of person who would plan a park day on our travel day. I get way too nervous about being on time and all the little what-ifs that go into travel. But I didn't plan this trip, did I? Eric planned it and he bought park tickets for it! Actually, I'm really glad he did. Our flight isn't until 5:30 that evening so we'll have one more half day to enjoy the Magic Kingdom. :goodvibes

Day 6: Magic Kingdom #2
So this day just so happens to have Morning EMH which is great so we can have that extra hour on our last day. If all goes to plan, we will have one CS credit left so we might grab a proper breakfast at CBR before we check out. Then, we'll check out of CBR and leave our luggage with the bell service. Hopefully that is quick and painless so we can hop right on a bus bound for the Magic Kingdom!

I have read a couple different things on the matter, but if they have the opening ceremonies for EMH, I'd love to catch that. We have never seen it and I think it would be kind of fun. I'm not sure we'll be able to see it on our first day since we have a breakfast ADR. Anyhow, I am certain our first stop will be Tomorrowland! I want to make sure we ride Space Mountain on our last day! Then on to DS's favorite ride, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin! I hope we get to ride a couple times before moving on. I am really hoping that our Princess Quest princess: is done because I really, really want to focus on attractions for our final hours in Disney. There's just so much to do before heading back to Main Street!

At 11:00 am, we have Evelyn's first hair cut. :goodvibes Eric is anxious for this. Her hair is kind of a mess. It really needs to be cut but I am so nervous on how it will turn out! Her hair isn't very long and I have just been able to pull it back into a single pony. I don't want them to cut off a ton of length and I don't want them to cut bangs. For some reason, even though I know they do hundreds of kids a day, I don't really have high expectations for the hair cut. Eric says, of course they'll do a good job. They don't want a person leaving with a bad hair cut and saying "Oh, I got it at Disney World." But do they really take their time to do a good hair cut? Or is it an assembly line, get-em-in-get-em-out kind of thing? Anyway, mix it in with the fact that Ev has some serious stranger-danger issues, like I said, I don't have high expectations. I am planning getting the extra "Colored Hair Gel and Pixie Dust" for both kids for the plane ride home though. I thought it would be a nice little souvenir.

After Harmony, its straight back to Crystal Palace for lunch! I am glad we are going to see some characters right before we leave and we really love Pooh. I will probably get all sentimental and misty-eyed but before long, it will be time to go. :sad:

One last walk down Main Street and we'll have to hurry our bums up to catch a bus back to CBR, get on the Magical Express and to the air port. Because of the time difference we gain 3 hours but we still don't get in till after midnight. It will feel like 3 am to us so that's going to be awesome. :sad2: Once we get home we will go straight to bed but we'll have all our wonderful Disney memories to keep us company. pixiedust: *sigh*

Hello! I am also joining in. We are also going to be staying at CBR in August so I look forward to your experience there. Great idea about the snack bags. I am totally stealing that. Now you have me thinking about the autograph book. I was just going to go the lazy route and buy the ones they sell at Disney, but the ones you made are awesome!!!

Great report so far.

Hello! I am also joining in. We are also going to be staying at CBR in August so I look forward to your experience there. Great idea about the snack bags. I am totally stealing that. Now you have me thinking about the autograph book. I was just going to go the lazy route and buy the ones they sell at Disney, but the ones you made are awesome!!!

Great report so far.

Thank you! And welcome!! The autograph book was a cinch to make. There's tons of stuff over on the DISign boards! Those guys are awesome :goodvibes

Why oh why do WDW trips ever have to come to an end??!!

Your last day in the world sounds perfect! I'm sure they will do a great job at Harmony :thumbsup2

Last meal at WDW at CP...awesome! We have actually never eaten there, but we are having bkfst there in Dec. Love those character meals :)

Single digit dance for your trip :cool1:

Why oh why do WDW trips ever have to come to an end??!!

Your last day in the world sounds perfect! I'm sure they will do a great job at Harmony :thumbsup2

Last meal at WDW at CP...awesome! We have actually never eaten there, but we are having bkfst there in Dec. Love those character meals :)

Single digit dance for your trip :cool1:

I was just thinking how weird it will be to go to sleep in our own house, in our own beds knowing that we had lunch with Pooh, in Disney World, that very day. :wizard: I wish it would never end!

You had H&V lunch too?! I think instead of doing a TR, I'm just going to copy & paste yours! :rotfl2::lmao:

I wish Josh was as an adventurous eater as Anthony. I was looking through your TR again last night and I was getting so jealous! Josh would never want to go to Les Chefs or Katsura grill with me! Oh well, maybe he'll grow into it. :thumbsup2 I really want to try the Moroccan place now. It sounds delicious!

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Too funny! Well they say great minds think alike so we must have great minds!

Aww give Josh time and hopefully he will try new things. Anthony is picky about what he will try but at least there is variety in what he's willing to try. Some days are better than others though. The Moroccan place is good! It's nice because it's so different and definitely tasty. That's the nice thing about Epcot. Everyone can try something different!

I am going to really try to get caught up before you leave! Your trip is soooo close!:cool1:

I love your JTA story! I know how it feels in the moment though when they don't do it. That is too funny about beating Vader with his mind. Where do kids come up with this stuff?:rotfl2: I hope Josh will fight Vader this year, I think he will.:thumbsup2 Anthony spent quite a bit of money in the Star Wars store. We have a few of those BYO Lightsabers and Droid. It's fun though!

The only show we have ever seen at DHS is Beauty and the Beast but we all liked it. (Anthony won't admit he liked it but he was mesmorized, lol). I definitely want to try LMA next time though. I think Anthony would like it and I think Tessa would like Disney Jr. Live. Does Josh like Tower of Terror? Anthony rode it once last year and said never again.

I think playing Fantasmic by ear is a good plan. It's a great show but we missed it this year but like you said it's not the last trip to Disney.

I love your Disney movie night ideas and the countdown calendar. I want to start doing movie nights here but I need to get organized first.

Epcot is a great park. I think two days is a great idea there. That way you can relax a bit. Wait, relax with two kids? Who I am kidding! Take it easier?
I totally laughed with is Darth Vader in this movie. I can relate! Anthony's favorites from Epcot are Journey to Imagination, Mission Space and Soarin.

I love Animal Kingdom. Every trip I like it more and it's Tessa's favorite. I think I like it because we don't rush as much too and it's just so pretty. That is so scary about your DH losing his insulin pen! I'm glad the CM was able to help.

I love the autograph books! I made some last year for our trip and then we just carried them again this year. I also made Star Wars autograph books for this trip, I may have to post a picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter