How much would you pay for a pair of running shoes?

I always disagree with my husband about this. DS (17) always wants $80 to $100 shoes. DH tries to make him find a 30 or so dollar pair. Okay, $80 is a lot for a pair of shoes but there is something to be said for comfort and there is also something to be said for being 17 and wanting to wear what your friends are wearing.

For myself, I try to find something I like and keep it in the $60 or so range, but if I found an $80 pair I liked I would get them.

DH always gets the exact same New Balance every time he gets a new pair and I think they are $45 or so. Since the ones he likes are $45 he thinks we should be able to find shoes in that price range too. But he gets new shoes three or four times a year and DS probably twice a year and me - heck, my Avias are probably 3 or 4 years old. I need a new pair.

OMG, my friend just bought a pair for 135.00!!! She's my friend, but she must be nuts :rotfl:

Me? I'll spend 30 if I have to at Marshall's or TJ Maxx!

New Balance shoes is around 30.00 to the 50.00 dollar range at Marshells and TJ Maxx. That's is all that I wear now to work in because I am standing on my feet at the stadium a lot.

Now if I going out someone nice do have my Air Force Ones from Nike that cost 100.00 dollars a pair. I have 10 different colors in them.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I have Plantar Faschiitis so I buy the $90 Brooks shoes PLUS the $40 inserts. Not sure if they are a running shoe or a walking shoe - I only walk in them. But they are hands down the most confortable shoe I have found and they are the most popular shoe at the store I buy them at.

I did pay $85 for a pair of Brooks running shoes. I normally never spend that much but it has been really worth it. I thought I got a deal too, the others were $125.

I LOVE my Brooks running shoes! I've tried every style in every brand, and although I like my NB a lot, the Brooks are the best I've ever had.

I would like to spend no more than $50 on a pair of running/walking shoes. But I think I paid close to $75 for the ones I have now. And I am so hard on my shoes, it kills me to have to buy new ones every 4 -6 months, at those prices.

And I really need to go some where and have a good pair of shoes fited for me. My heels are very narrow and my toes wide. It is very hard to find a pair of shoes that don't squish my toes but are narrow enough in the heels to not slip. Not to mention I need shoes that have lateral movement support, for when I do my walking (WATP) dvd's.

There is a difference between running shoes and $10 shoes to wear around the house.

The shoes I run in retail for $120 plus $30 for inserts, but I usually can find them for about $100. They usually last a little over 350 miles then one day, the shin splints just come out of nowhere and it is time for a new pair. Without good cushion running shoes, there is no way I could enjoy the sport or its health benefits.

For shoes to wear around town, $20 seems like a good price point.

Hi-

Has anyone tried the Tailwind brand coming out at Payless? I saw them in O magazine & they are designed by Nike. Price point around $35. To me, this is a high price point for Payless, so I wonder if the shoes are really for running or just hanging out?

I'm running in clearance NB that I hunt up at Kohls, but I start training Monday for a half marathon, so I know I'll need to break in a pair of more elite shoes shortly. I'm guessing the trip to the running store is my best option. Once you get fitted, & you like what they put you in, you can start deal hunting.

I looked on Ebay & I can't believe people are selling used running shoes for $60! If you train on a TM or don't run in the rain, you can keep the shoes looking nice but the support will be shot.

Best of luck!

I haven't looked at Tailwind.
Maybe I need to look into the whole NB or Brooks shoes. They seem to get a big thumbs up.

I paid $70 for my current pair of NB. I love them! I went through trying on 7 pairs, before I decided on these. I think I'll go to a running store to get better fitted, since I plan on doing the Couch to 5k program and I'm overweight. I need something supportive and with decent shocks to prevent injury to joints.

My husband is a runner and runs around 8 or more miles a day. He buys all his shoes at a Nike Outlet store. He was checked out by a foot doctor recently and she said there was no specific brand that was great unless you had issues with your feet. If there were feet problems, then a speciality store is the way to go. The doctor also mentioned when trying on running shoes that they should have very little bend at the toe and the air pocket cushions that are colored on the outside are useless. I guess we buy around 5 pairs of running shoes a year.

I can only wear 1 brand without getting shin splints and they're about $100. Sometimes I can catch a sale on an old model and get them at 40% or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter