How much would you be willing.....

Genieswife

Mouseketeer
to pay for a 1 day pass to a WDW theme park? Tickets are already over $60 per day. Would you be willing to pay over $100 a day for Disney Magic? :dancer:

I keep thinking the same thing everytime I hear they are raising the price of a ticket again. I'm pretty sure I'd pay $100 for a ticket (becuase I LOVE Disney) but obviously I'd only get to go a few days out of the year. :guilty:

I hope Disney keeps a fare right around $60 because it is starting to break the bank for sure! I know this isn't a very "business-like" way of thinking, but I'd like to see them think of ALL families, even those who are less fortunate then others and would like to share the magic with their families as well. :thumbsup2

Considering I paid $65 for a lift ticket last weekend to ski for one day-
and $100 a few nights ago at Chuck E. Cheese- I'm sure I'd pay what they ask. It's unfortunate- but at least at Disney I can get my money's worth!

:sad2:

I would probally pay it, we just wouldn't go as often. Not that we go a lot but, we like to try to go every 2-3 years. If it were $100 it would probally be a every 5 year vacation.

Yeah, it's a lot, but...
Universal Orlando 1-day 1-park tix are $63 plus tax
Sea World Orlando is $61.95
Busch Gardens Tampa is $57.95

Even our crummy local parks (by comparison to any of those, anyway :) ) are not cheap: $34 for Valleyfair, $25 for the park formerly known as Camp Snoopy in Mall of America.
I'd rather spend a few bucks more and get the Disney magic!

I think a day at WDW is a good value compared to other theme parks and I don't care what they charge, I would still go.

Our local crappy Six Flags is $55 a ticket! Its disgusting and has a lot less to do than WDW.

I would still buy an AP. It somehow seems like less. Not to mention we always stay longer than the "break even" point, and then plan next years trip so we get another use out of them.

Mel

When we go to the fair, I can easily drop $200 for crappy rides and disgusting food. You have to buy ticket for every ride. It really adds up! :Pinkbounc

You could easliy spend $100 to see a Broadway show that is over in a couple of hours.
$60 for a one day admission doesn't seem that unreasonable and given that a 7 day pass puts the admission at $29/day and a 10 day pass is $21/day, park admission is still a great bargin.

Yes, I would pay $100 a day. I know people complain about the cost of a Disney vacation, but considering how much you get for your money, I actually think it's a bargain.

Disney is a privledge not a right :rolleyes1

Oh thats right thats Driving my DAD always told me :rotfl2:

Yes, I would pay $100 for WDW tickets! Like others have said, I've paid that much to go to much inferior events and places! :rolleyes:

Wishlist:

Inferno
Seagull hat
teleportation magic
haunted mansion suit

I offer:

a rare Stich teleporter
space suit
invisibility magic
fireworks magic
gold gate
and rocket couch.

and interest in this offer send me a message

aliens have invaded the boards again.

A hundred bucks doesn't go very far today does it?
That was a lot of money in the 70's when I was a kid. Today you can spend a hundred bucks in a couple minutes. easy come easy go.

It's still a lot of money, though. But since life is short and we must choose how we use our resources for the short time we are here, I choose to spend my money on three types of things:

1. Things that have lasting meaning (ex. my child's education, my church's benevolence fund, worthwhile charities, etc.);
2. Things that make life easier and free up my time (cleaning service, cell phone, etc.); AND
3. Things that bring joy and laughter to myself and those I love. WDW falls into this category! Therefore, yes...I will spend $100 to go to WDW.

What I refuse to spend money on are things that are "status symbols"...I drive a 10 year old car and refuse to buy anything remotely "designer", for instance. Someone has actually asked me why I don't buy a new car instead of planning another WDW trip (my car is in fine condition, BTW). I couldn't explain it then, but I think I finally did here... :sunny:

I think the tickets are good value especially for us international visitors who, in order to get 'value' out of our flights tend to stay longer. At 246 dollars for an adult 10 day ticket with hopping that's 24.60 per day for all those rides, shows, fireworks, buses etc. etc. Not bad at all! Of course there are 4 of us paying (baby is free) so it IS expensive but still good value. I think also it's very fair that they let under 3's go free as opposed to under 2's (thank goodness my 2yo will be free :) )

I'd say if it got up to around $150 for a one day ticket...that would be too much for me. But I would still probably go for VERY special events (DD's graduation, major anniversaries, etc.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter