• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much would I be looking at?

LilMamiBella

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking about taking a trip with dh, dd3, ds6, and my mom to Disneyworld (3 days), Seaworld (1 day), Islands of Adventure (1 day) , and Universal Studios(1 day) with one day spent at the hotel.
I'd like to stay in the Nick Hotel-- they have a discount for AAA. So 7 days total. How much should I be looking at spending? I'm looking at July 5-13 dates btw.

Are you/dh active military? I remember reading somewhere that military can get into sea world free. Or check out southwest.com for 20% off sea world tickets.

good luck! Hope someone else can help ya out w/the rest.

This is an estimate based on what I could find.

7 days/6 nights at Nickelodeon Family Suites, July 7-13, AAA rate. 1-Queen, 2 bedroom kidsuite. $180/night plus tax. That would be about $1210.

3 adults & 2 children. 3-day MYW Hoppers (expiry). Advance purchase price. Cost = $1018 with tax.

3 adults & 2 children. 2-day USF/IOA passes from Ticketmania. $508.

3 adults & 2 children. 1-day SeaWorld passes, purchased online and printed at home. $275.

Total so far = $3011

You could probably get the SeaWorld tickets for less is you join SouthWest Airlines' Rapid Rewards Program and show you rewards ID at the gate for 20% off the gate price of the tickets. Or, if you purchase your tickets from Ticketmania, they offer a 2nd-day Free pass. You must visit a 2nd time within 7 days of your first visit. The cost is $57.50/$49.00 (adult/child), with free shipping & taxes included.

Universal offers a 5-for-the-Price-of-2 pass that allows for 5 consectutive days of admission to the park for the same price as an adult 2-day pass. However, a child's ticket is the same price as an adult's ($99.95 + 6.5% tax). They can be purchased on Universal's website.

The MYW tickets are another story. There are no discounts for short duration
tickets, other than the advance purchase price. You could choose to drop the "hopper" option. This would save you $37.28 per ticket ($186.40 total) but it would limit you to one park per day and you would not be able to visit one of the 4 Disney theme parks. The actual cost-per-day of Disney passes gets better with more days added. It's Disney's way of getting you there and keeping you there.

I wish I could make that bottomline less painful but I don't know of any other way to bring down the cost of that hotel or the tickets.

aka-mad4themouse said:
This is an estimate based on what I could find.

7 days/6 nights at Nickelodeon Family Suites, July 7-13, AAA rate. 1-Queen, 2 bedroom kidsuite. $180/night plus tax. That would be about $1210.

3 adults & 2 children. 3-day MYW Hoppers (expiry). Advance purchase price. Cost = $1018 with tax.

3 adults & 2 children. 2-day USF/IOA passes from Ticketmania. $508.

3 adults & 2 children. 1-day SeaWorld passes, purchased online and printed at home. $275.

Total so far = $3011

You could probably get the SeaWorld tickets for less is you join SouthWest Airlines' Rapid Rewards Program and show you rewards ID at the gate for 20% off the gate price of the tickets. Or, if you purchase your tickets from Ticketmania, they offer a 2nd-day Free pass. You must visit a 2nd time within 7 days of your first visit. The cost is $57.50/$49.00 (adult/child), with free shipping & taxes included.

Universal offers a 5-for-the-Price-of-2 pass that allows for 5 consectutive days of admission to the park for the same price as an adult 2-day pass. However, a child's ticket is the same price as an adult's ($99.95 + 6.5% tax). They can be purchased on Universal's website.

The MYW tickets are another story. There are no discounts for short duration
tickets, other than the advance purchase price. You could choose to drop the "hopper" option. This would save you $37.28 per ticket ($186.40 total) but it would limit you to one park per day and you would not be able to visit one of the 4 Disney theme parks. The actual cost-per-day of Disney passes gets better with more days added. It's Disney's way of getting you there and keeping you there.

I wish I could make that bottomline less painful but I don't know of any other way to bring down the cost of that hotel or the tickets.

Thanks for doing this for me. I went to Disney in Jan and we've never been to USF/IOA/Seaworld so maybe we'll just do that then. The price is pretty high since both places want me to stay there longer if I want a better price.

I did look at Universal Studios and they have vacation packages..this is what I found:
If I stay 4 nights at Hard Rock Hotel..and get the 4 park flex ticket I'll be looking at for 2 adults, 2kids: 1603.96 plus 1,200 for food,souvenirs, and gas is a total of $2803.96 or If I stay seven days instead then my total is: 3,470.30

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter