How much weight did you lose on your program?

roriedee

Trying to Earn My Ears
I've heard from all sorts of people that nearly everyone loses weight - I'm getting excited because my program starts in January and I'm overweight, so this will be a nice way to jump start some weight loss. Of course, I'll have to make sure I walk besides when working because I'm QSFB, so I won't be walking as much as the others.

So, how much did you lose? What was your role and how often did you go play in the parks?

You probably heard it from me a couple times. It just baffles me how much people lose weight there so i bring it up a lot.

Before: 5'9 155 male, athletic build
After:140, lost a lot of muscle. Thin as a toothpick, but still healthy.

Lifeguard

I played in the parks probably twice a week not counting typhoon lagoon. I would go to typhoon every morning to use the wavepool as my own personal Olympic swimming pool. I do laps by sprint swimming out and body surfing the wave back in. Then doing it over and over again. It was so much fun.

i gained 30 lbs... lmao. and i even had a high-motion role. i dont even know how i did that

just a tip, stay away from giradellis chocolate shop in downtown and beaches and cream at yatch at beach!!! hahaha

I lost around 15. I was also QSFB, but I worked so much that if I wasn't working, I was sleeping. I worked on Main Street in MK, so hopefully that will explain the kind of schedule that I kept.

2PM-3PM: Wake up, shower, get dressed, lounge around lazily.
4PM: Go to Work
5PM-Wee hours of Morning: Work
3AM: GET FOOD (Dying)
4AM: Got to bed

There was only ever time or ambition for me to eat once a day. I could have woken up earlier, but I valued sleep over food. I feel like the weight loss on the CP is less about exercise and more about unhealthy lifestyles. Everyone in my apartment lost weight, but I don't think a single one of us went to the gym, and most of us had jobs without much moving around.

I don't know how much weight I lost but I know I did lose weight even though I ate crappily! I am sure it was because I was always walking around at work and when I was playing in the parks. I think the guy I was dating gained weight though. I wish I was at my weight I was at while at Disney, I came home and gained it all back and then a little more :sad2:

If I lost weight, I didn't notice. For how often I ate out (or just junk haha) it balanced with how much I was on my feet. I felt healthier since I was always moving around which was nice!

I was a character performer and GAINED 15 lbs. I was at the parks visiting at least once a week.

Before my program I was working out 6 times a week. Once I got down here, I never had the time and started gaining weight quickly (plus going out to eat with friends/roommates). I caught myself and eventually lost 5 lbs, but still ended the program up 10 lbs.

I went into the program with hopes of weight loss but ended up gaining ten pounds. I'm a bit of an abnormal case though, as I struggle with an eating disorder.

I gained 20 lbs while on my fall program :(
came home to visit before I extended, had everyone tell me how fat I was, and promised myself to get to the old me during spring.
It was bad, I wasn't fitting into any of my jeans and had to move up a size in my costumes.
But it comes from eating late because you're working late hours...

but I had a lot of friends that lost tonsss of weight from the program.

i am pretty sure i gained weight, lol. when i was deployed to epcot, there was a subway in the cafeteria and subway is my weakness lol :( and because i had money, i'd always just eat something from work at the WWS on my breaks

Part of the weight change between program-start and program-end depends upon how physically active your role is, and whether it's indoors or outdoors. Photographers typically lose more weight than vacation planners, for instance.

If you're underweight or on the low-end of normal weight: it's somewhat common to gain weight as your body builds muscle mass from the added exercise and physical exertion. Excessive eating out or eating junk occasionally causes fat gain for some CPs, which is why cooking your own, healthy, food makes all the difference in the world. Yeah, CPs don't get paid a lot, but compared to the cost of eating out the cost of groceries is actually relatively cheap.

If you're already overweight: unless you have an extremely sedentary role or consume 3,500 calories per day - you'll lose weight. How much depends on your initial starting weight (heavier people burn calories faster), the length of your program, and your role.

I was a photographer and lasted for four and a half months. When I started I was a whopping 355 pounds, but I left at 310. Average weight loss of just a hair under 3lb/week, the highest "safe" range of weight loss. Lost count of the number of times I had to go to costuming for smaller sizes!

Of course, having a very active job when you weigh 300+ ultimately led to health problems, which ultimately led to a very ugly record card. Down to around 295 now (weight loss slowed post-Disney, but didn't stop) and would like to go back at some point.

Oh, and a friend of mine worked Fall Advantage. Lost 105 pounds between the end of May and the beginning of January.

Im expecting to leave this program at like 10% BF haha. Feeding myself off a minimum wage paycheck and being an avid weightlifter/athletic type...Lost 50 pounds freshman year that way when I went away to school lol. I was pretty fat leaving highschool though :rolleyes: Lots of sports injuries back then..

I'm in Attractions and I've been here since September. I don't know how much in lbs, but I've gone down a pants size. It seemed like overnight my shorts were swimming on me and I had to go get new ones from costuming. I go to the parks once or twice a week and I don't work out.

If you were to go by weight, I didn't lose any numeric value. This would be because my calf muscles got HUGE!!! :rotfl2: I did lose a pant size though from all the walking I did. I was photopass (and am again for SA 12!!!) so I walked ALLLLL over EPCOT as our stations were sometimes across the park. I also went out to play a lot and really made sure I was eating good. It is MUCH cheaper to bring your lunch than to eat at the cafeterias. I always made sure that I had a healthy snack bar (like Cliff or Luna) and apples. Since they come prepackaged at Wal-Mart, it was really easy to throw in my bag. :)

I lost about 15-20 pounds on my CP and I never once stepped foot in the gym. Although I did eat a lot of junk in the parks and such, on days that I was working, I typically ate a sandwich or a frozen pizza or something. By the time I got home, I was usually too tired to make much more for dinner than a can of soup or some other pre-made food, and would pass out right after I ate.

I didn't lose weight, but I didn't gain any either. I confess I was eating a lot more junk than usual, but since I was walking and moving around A LOT, it didn't affect me much.

I was pretty healthy weight-wise before the program and didnt gain or lose any weight on the program, but I did gain leg muscle. I worked Main Street which entailed me walking about 5 miles every day. Also from playing in the parks you walk A LOT. The food is what will keep you from losing weight, Applebees, Ihop, and frozen pizza every week. Lol. But you do feel much more healthy just from the fast paced environment and all the movement than when you came in.

I read on the Weight Watchers website that they have meetings on the Disney Property specifically for cast members. WW is expensive, but I know I've personally had a lot of success with it. (Not to mention everyone else I know!) If you are serious about losing weight that could be a really good option.

I read on the Weight Watchers website that they have meetings on the Disney Property specifically for cast members. WW is expensive, but I know I've personally had a lot of success with it. (Not to mention everyone else I know!) If you are serious about losing weight that could be a really good option.

This actually just made my day. I just started WW back home and was wondering what I would do if I got accepted to Fall 2012. I've only been on it for two months, and it's great! This is good news :) Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter