How much $$$ to get married at Castle?

sarehm

DIS Veteran
I got engaged at Disney World in April and would love to have my wedding there but I'm sure it's just way to expensive to get married at the castle with all those bells and whistles. Does anybody know how much that stuff costs like fireworks and the glass carriage ride?

Right now we're planning on a beachside wedding at a Sandals resort in Jamaica.

Depending on the size of your wedding party weddings range in the $3,000 for up to 13 guests but if you want more guests you have to have a Custom wedding which is a minimum cost of $7500 in the week (excluding taxes and gratuities) or $10,000 for a Friday - Sunday.

If you had intimate the coach would be $2,500 but if you went for the Custom then this $2,500 would count towards your minimum costs as would the $2000 + venue fee for the Wedding Pavillion, which is a very popular venue for brides. If you were having the intimate I think you have to upgrade to the Deluxe package to get the Wedding Pavillion.

We have a guest list of 40 and no coach and we're already way over budget so it's easy to start racking up the costs.

If you want to have the whole event in the Magic Kingdom - this ofcourse has to start after hours so it's best to get marrried in the off-season when the park hours are shorter but if you want the event to happen in front of the castle that starts at a minimum of around $50,000 give or take a few $1,000.

Private fireworks are very very expensive IMHO but I can't remember how much. But you can always arrange to have a private Illuminations Dessert Party in a special roped off viewing area for you and your guests at Epcot - I think for 40 guests it's working out at around $1500 but again it depends on what menu you have served

If you'd like to read more info go to yourfairytale.com - it's a fantastic site and the source of most of my info.

HTH

In 2002 (and I've heard that they raised prices since then) a castle wedding was a $40K minimum...
The wedding pavilion is much cheaper, and has a lovely view of the castle - that's where we were wed.
Cheers!
Heather W

Yikes! Sure hope my daughters elope! :teeth:

Seriously, considering how ridiculously expensive non-Disney weddings are, I'm very glad my daughters aren't big Disney fans...as there's no chance of them wanting a WDW wedding.

Hi NancyIL... Milo can tell you all about having a Disney addicted daughter... But when all was said and done, we spent not much more for a Disney wedding as we would have at home, only real difference was the number of guests (lots of the people who would have been "should invite" at home were not included in WDW), and who in our family was able to come because it was not going to be in Arizona. Everyone except us had to travel anyway, and WDW was a lot closer for almost everyone!

sarehm, i have the price list from the disney wedding video right here. i just got done typing some very helpful prices if you plan on a disney wedding. this is what the price list has to say about a MK wedding:

wedding events in the MAGIC KINGDOM are held after park hours and are based on limited availability. these are considered "premium" events and are priced differently than other wedding events. minimum expenditure for MAGIC KINGDOM events start at $42,000 excluding tax and service charges. please ask your wedding consultant for further information on these very special options.

this was revised on 10/01/02.

hopefully this is of some use to you. congrats by the way!!

Weddings actually in the MK fall under the category of "if you have to ask the price....it's too expensive". I think that covers the majority of "regular" folks. ;)

Castle weddings are MUCH more expensive than non-castle weddings, generally speaking. The minimum for a castle wedding was $42,000 last I heard. My event manager said that of all the castle weddings she has seen, none of them have stayed even close to the minimum. She said they usually go over $100,000. Boy am I glad Disney has other more affordable options, LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter