How much time would it take to see Epcot for 3 boys ages 8-13?

nuge67

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if I can get through Epcot in 6-7 hours. My kids are not into shows per say, just the rides and the wife and I are on vacation for them, so we have to keep our own sight seeing and tastes to a minimum to maximize our time so the kids get the most out of it.

first week of feb. sorry

Just wondering if I can get through Epcot in 6-7 hours. My kids are not into shows per say, just the rides and the wife and I are on vacation for them, so we have to keep our own sight seeing and tastes to a minimum to maximize our time so the kids get the most out of it.

When? 6-7 hours in July, or January? If it is in July you will see very little.

Epcot is great for kids! I don't think you could do it in that short of a time without sacrificing taking in the details especially in the world showcase.
Even just hitting the major attractions will take several hours. Of course, how many hours depend on the crowd levels, too. Also, keep in mind that Epcot is HUGE!! Lots and lots of walking...

The Agent P adventures changed EPCOT from a 1 day park to a multi-day park for my DS in that age group (which is really nice as an adult, spending more tome in WS :). )
otherwise as long as you can get a Soarin FP, its easy to hit the major attractions in a half day.

depends if you want to see world showcase or not, that can take a long time if you really want to see it. If not and you just want to ride Maelstrom in world showcase then yes you can do it easy

My girls were 10 and 12 on our last trip (while Test Track was down) and we spent probably a little over 1 1/2 days at Epcot total in time. There is a lot to do there and they really enjoy doing the, then Kim Possible, now Agent P, missions.

Emily

You can if your kids are just into the rides & not interested in seeing much of the World Showcase. My DD8 really liked the WS but my niece (13) didn't want to slow down for non-ride events too much, so we spent a lot of time there in Oct on our family trip (it was also the F&W festival) but skipped it in Dec when our niece joined us.

We did ALL the rides/attractions in Future World (including Sum of All Thrills) utilizing Fastpasses when it made sense & did Epcot in a little less than a half-day in Dec.

If your children have never been to Epcot before, or it has been a number of years since you last went, I think you might be doing them a disservice by assuming that they would be uninterested in anything other than the rides.

Of course you know your children best, but ours (even when they were quite young) were always most interested in the many 'non-ride' attractions, especially in World Showcase. I'm sure yours would find the Phineas and Ferb activities very interesting. If that is the case, then you would probably need more than one day for Epcot.

I'd say don't do a full day at Epcot. I'd split it in 2.
Maybe do one more morning and then come back for dinner and a night to see Illuminations.

Sergio

Our kids are 9 & 10 ... 6-7 hours at Epcot would never, ever be enough for them (or us) to enjoy it all. Far too much to see, do and experience.

Future World alone can take a good day to experience... Space Ship Earth, Mission Space, Test Track, Soarin, Living with the Land, Innoventions, Ellens Energy Adventure, Turtle Talk- (Nemo:fish: and Figment are ones that some can skip - but we enjoy them).
And our kids adore World Showcase - exploring the countries and the gift shops, meeting characters, and riding Maelstrom & Gran Fiesta Tour. We have yet to experience any of the movies and we are looking forward to the Agent P missions - they are on our list for our next trip.
And for us - a Disney Vacation is not complete without a yummy meal at a country, then watching Illuminations. :goodvibes

Epcot is my DS9 favorite park! DD6 loves it, too - for her it's a close 2nd behind Magic Kingdom. We spend 2 days at Epcot - there is so much to see and do. Show your boys a guide book and let them decide what they want to experience there. We hit the rides, but also take time to experience smaller attractions. Your boys may want to only experience rides, but they will miss out on so much that way. Regardless of what you decide, it'll be a great time! However, I strongly suggest more than 6 hours.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Epcot was my kids' least favorite park. They are 9, 7, and 4. I was hoping they would enjoy the countries more but it just wasn't their favorite. They really enjoyed AK and MK the most. Oh and the pool slide, haha! Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter