How much time to allocate for Sci-Fi Dine-In

rpw2014

Earning My Ears
I have an ADR at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant for wife and I in early May. How long should I allocate in my plans?

We spend at least an hour to 90 minutes when it is just 2 or 3 of us, no small children with us. We also enjoy taking our time.

We are a party of two adults. It usually takes us a minimum of an hour, but probably closer to an hour and 15 minutes for us.

We went last week- only waited a minute or two to get the text alert that our car was ready.
Family of 4- a little over an hour. Burgers and shakes.

We love SciFi, an hour to 90 minutes depending on the crowd. The food often gets no love here on the boards, but the shrimp pasta is still one of my favs on property. JFYI, the film clip loop lasts about 47 minutes, so we often get to see it clear through about 2 x.

This depends on many factors - are you ordering appetizers, entrees, and desserts? We had a pretty good waitress, but at the end of the meal she disappeared for awhile and it took us a long time to get the check and pay. She said it had to do with two large allergy parties she had. I would allocate at least 90 minutes.

We spend about 60-90 mintues, depending. It's on the shorter end if we don't order appetizers or desserts (and we usually don't), but we do linger a little in the A/C and sometimes there's a short wait to be seated.

We're usually done in an hour. We order an appetizer, but no dessert. Add 15 min if you have both appetizer and dessert.

We've been seated in minutes, and other times waited about 10-15 minutes past our ADR time.

Probably about 60 minutes, but we are burger and fries people at that one, and don’t usually wait for dessert. We are generally waiting on the check about the time the loop of clips starts to repeat.

1:15 is enough for us when we take our time.
But, if your goal is to get done quicker, you can. If you let the server know you are in a hurry and order drinks and meals immediately and ask for the check when she brings the meals, you can be done before the film loops. I am not saying you should do this. Just that it can be done...same as any restaurant.

My sister and I are usually in and out within an hour. We each order a burger and a milkshake. The past 4 time I've gone, I've gotten a server by the name of Michael (who has been there for 23ish years). He's amazing and very attentive. There was one time we had a woman serving us who forgot 3 times to bring the check so we sat for about 20 minutes just waiting. Because of this, I think 90 minutes is the best estimate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter