How much time should I allow for Chef Mickey's breakfast?

kim75

Earning My Ears
I am probably crazy to even consider this, but I would really like to fit in breakfast at Chef Mickey's on our last day. The trouble is, our flight leaves at 10:19am. :rolleyes: I can get a reservation as early as 7am.

How much time should I allow for Chef Mickey's? Can I count on prompt transportation to the airport (we're leaving on a saturday)? Or would this just be asking for trouble...

Thanks for your input!

It's a buffet, so really it's as long as you want it to be. I can imagine that if you got there at 7 you wouldn't be out until 8, and that's too close for me.

IMHO, your timing is too tight.

DME will pick you up from your resort three hours before flight time -- that would be about 7:15 AM.

If you traveled to the airport by taxi or limo, it takes about 45 minutes, allowing for average traffic, and you need to arrive at least an hour before flight time. That would mean a pick-up at 8:30 AM. You might just squeeze it in, but you have no time for any kind of delay at all...not getting seated immediately, not getting your check quickly, the taxi showing up late, heavy traffic, etc.

ETA: If you have a rental car, you will need to add another 30 minutes to your departure time. Most rental returns are off-site from the airport; you have to drop off your car and ride the bus to the terminal.

Thanks for your responses...I figured it would be too much to cram in. Especially at that hour. Just getting everyone up and out the door at 7am would be a nightmare.

I agree, WAY to close for comfort.
Are you taking DME? If so, you will still need to have everyone up and moving by 7:15 or so.
Good Luck

I agree, WAY to close for comfort.
Are you taking DME? If so, you will still need to have everyone up and moving by 7:15 or so.
Good Luck

Yes, we planned on using DME. I didn't realize we would have to leave 3 hours before our flight. Better safe than sorry, I guess.

Getting out the door for the bus will be annoying, but doable. They are little, so worse case scenario, they can be in their Pj's on the plane! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter