How much time for Islands of Adventures?

maxie

<font color=993366>Thanks so much for the tips<br>
How much time should we budget for IofA. It's our honeymoon and have purchased the 2park/3 days passes for US/IoA

IOA is a wonderful park; we ended up spending far more time there than Universal. There are more (and better) rides, very good restaurants, and fun shopping. I doubt that on our next trip we will even bother w/ Universal -- but if you want to see it just to say you've been there, plan on no more than 1 day there, and spend the rest of your time at IOA.

My son rode the Hulk 6X!!! We were there in March so waits were minimal and were able to really enjoy the coasters, Jurassic Park, etc. Dueling Dragons (both Fire and Ice) were awesome. We also enjoyed the Sinbad show. We didn't eat at Mythos, which I hear is a must. Over at Universal (on another day) we did MIB 4X. I really liked the Terminator show, too. Sometimes I think Universal does a better job showing you about movies. We also like the water play areas. I'd suggest posting at the Universal Board too.

Have a great time!

We went to IOA back in October. Because we stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel, we had front of the line access. We didn't really need it though, lines were very short.

IOA is not a very big park. If the lines are not long, you should be able to ride and see everything in one day at a leisurely pace. We arrived at IOA at 9am and we were pretty much finished at 4pm. We had an hour break for lunch at Mythos. (Which was excellent!) And this was with 2 toddlers in tow. If you're travelling with young children, schedule a lot of time at Seuss Landing. My twins absolutely loved the Cat in the Hat and One Fish Two Fish rides. They insisted on riding them both over and over.

We liked park hopping at US/IOA. Universal Studios has many more shows and "educational" presentations while IOA has more rides, especially thrill rides. We felt that with park hopping we experienced a better balance. At any rate we were able to do everything we wished in both parks in two days with no problems. We did a morning and an evening at each park.

It depends on your interests. IoA is a state of the art park which takes WAY more than a walk through to enjoy. Designed somewhat like the MK, it consists of 5 differently themed "islands" and their own Main street, the Port of Entry. The islands consist of Marvel Super Hero Island, Seuss Landing, the Lost Continent, Toon Lagoon and Jurassic Park. Each island has it's main attractions, shows and rides. Each one has it's own flavor and charm.

Universal Studios is a true working studio and like it's advertisement says, Ride the Movies! I would definitely do US THEN IoA, because in comparison, US seems way more sedate than the islands.

There's alot to like about these two parks, but of course, I'm not without prejudice, as you can see from my signature... :p ... I spent a week there in January and another week in April, and I'm going back the end of this month. How much time? Not enough for me! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter