How much time for 1900 Park Fare dinner ADR?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
We have an ADR for 1900 Park Fare at 4:35 on a Saturday-our MK day. Dinner does not begin until 4:30 so I am hoping that we would be seated immediately. How long should I allow for dinner and all the characters to circulate to us and then the boat back to MK? We have Anna and Elsa FP from 5:20-6:20 that same night and I cannot get another time slot anytime during our trip. That is also the only day we could eat at Park Fare and both are top on my DD's list :(
I still have a few weeks and am trying diligently to get a new FP time or later ADR but is it possible to work with what we have and not cancel either?? Opinions PLEASE!!

They usually say to allow 90 minutes to see all characters. Since it's a buffet, you could always leave without seeing a character if you HAD to. When we went, we waited around 30 minutes, but then they came pretty much one right after the next!

Thank you!
Can anyone else share their advice?
We have never been to a character meal right after it opens, but I am assuming that we would be in the first character rotation with a 4:35 ADR-am I correct? And how often do the water taxis run back and forth from Contemporary to MK? Is there also a walkway to the MK? I am a huge planner/time freak and I think it will work but barely :)
Does Park fare usually begin seating right at 4:30 for dinner-or is it different every day? I was thinking of being there by 4:20 to be the first seated or will they wait until our exact ADR time of 4:35?

I think you're cutting it rather close here. Is it possible to get an earlier ADR? The water taxis run every 20 minutes. Generally you should allow 60-90 minutes for a character meal.

There is no lunch at 1900 and dinner begins at 4:30 so I cannot move up the ADR at all. I have been trying daily to change the Anna and Elsa FP but I'm guessing there is a very small chance of being able to move the FP before the trip-it is for 4 and I cant even find any single Anna and Elsa meets for 9/27!

My 60 days is a bit away so I find myself playing with the FP+ site to see how often the hard to get reservations pop up. I have found that if you reduce the size of the party you have a better chance. For instance we are a party of 6. I decided the grandparents don't need to go in to see A&E . That made it 4 and since one will be under 2, that took it down to 3. When I changed it to 2 I actually came up with a couple of passes. Maybe you could try that. We are doing the Memory Maker, so Grandma and Grandpa can be content to view it through pictures.

I think you will be fine on time. Show up about 4:20 to sign
in at park fare. They won't be open but they will give you a pager. You should be seated right at opening. Take the monorail to the magic kingdom it's faster. You will be at your fp by 6:20.

My 60 days is a bit away so I find myself playing with the FP+ site to see how often the hard to get reservations pop up. I have found that if you reduce the size of the party you have a better chance. For instance we are a party of 6. I decided the grandparents don't need to go in to see A&E . That made it 4 and since one will be under 2, that took it down to 3. When I changed it to 2 I actually came up with a couple of passes. Maybe you could try that. We are doing the Memory Maker, so Grandma and Grandpa can be content to view it through pictures.

How do you play with the FP site before your 60 days? Mine won't let me look at any bookings until 60 days.

Thanks for all the helpful advice! Is the monorail the quickest way to get from GF to MK? Is there a walkway that we would walk and not rely on Disney transportation?

Thanks for all the helpful advice! Is the monorail the quickest way to get from GF to MK? Is there a walkway that we would walk and not rely on Disney transportation?

There's no walkway and the monorail is definitely the fastest way as GF is the last resort stop prior to arriving at MK.

They usually say to allow 90 minutes to see all characters. Since it's a buffet, you could always leave without seeing a character if you HAD to. When we went, we waited around 30 minutes, but then they came pretty much one right after the next!

We were very lucky this year and all the characters came round in quick succession - and then came around again while we were still eating! However, it's almost impossible to know what it'll be like on the day. Technically you've got enough time to get out and into the park before 6.20pm, however I do think you're cutting it fine, and it doesn't allow for any problems with transportation etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter