How much tax? Are there other fees?

bladiator

Disney on my mind
I did a quick check to see what the "room only" cost would be for a moderate resort for 5 nights, and the cost (with tax it says) was $850. But I added the 5 night prices up and it was only $755.50. Soooo, 12.5% taxes in Orlando? Or just specifically in Disney??

Soooo, 12.5% taxes in Orlando? Or just specifically in Disney??

I believe that is correct. And that's the rate for the entire county, not just Disney. In fact one of the values is in a different county than the others and has a different tax rate because of it.

Sales tax in Orange County (most of DW) is 6.5%
Sales tax in Osceola County (inc All Stars and Wide World of Sports) 7.0%

Additional hotel tax 6%

So a hotel in DW will have a tax of either 12.5% or 13% depending on the county.

Every hotel charges an additional tax, known as a bed tax. Since you are an "out of towner", its a way for the county to collect additional tax revenue without raising taxes on residents. You'll see this tax at hotels in pretty much every city and every state, and its always in addition to the standard state sales tax.

Hotel tax here in Kansas City is a lot higher, and is higher in many other places. It is actually surprisingly "reasonable" at WDW.
Check what the hotel tax is in your local area, and other places you travel.

Our sales tax is also higher, about 8.65% compared to WDW's 6.5%, but higher in some areas of town--economic development subsidy tax.
So the sales tax at WDW seems fine to me.

It is food prices that are :scared1:
But we stay onsite for longer stays, no rental car, so are a "captive audience" and have to pay what they charge.
Dining is the budget breaker for us.:faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter