How much stuff for green bean casserole?

maslex

DIS Veteran
I'm bringing the green bean casserole for T-day dinner. My SIL asked that it's in a 13x9 pan. So should I just double the regular recipe for it or maybe triple it? Thanks!!!

The basic recipe calls for a 1.5 quart casserole dish. A 13x9 pan holds approx 3 quarts, so you will need to double the recipe.

Personally I'd double it and throw in another can of beans. I always think the orig. recipe is lite for the size they say so I add more beans then to.

just have a couple extra cans and add some more if your pan doesn't look full enough.

Personally I'd double it and throw in another can of beans. I always think the orig. recipe is lite for the size they say so I add more beans then to.

just have a couple extra cans and add some more if your pan doesn't look full enough.

Canned string beans? :eek::faint:

Canned string beans? :eek::faint:

I guess that would be my next question.

What kind of green beans does everyone use? I've made it before and have ALWAYS used canned green beans. I don't like the texture or tasted of frozen and I've never thought of using fresh green beans. If using fresh, would you have to pre-cook them before putting them into the casserole dish?

I've always used canned and everywhere I have had it, uses the canned. I wouldn't like the texture of frozen in it either.

I use canned, salt free, french cut green beans.

GBC is supposed to be "mushy" :lmao:. We use canned beans-cut-not the french style. For our family, who all love GBC, we use 4 cans of beans and 2 cans of soup. We have leftovers but this is one of the leftovers our kids eat. How many people will be there?

I always double the recipe. I really don't know how big the pan I use is, but I think a 9X13 would be good. As others said, just add more beans in!!

I use 1 can Regular & one can wax-yellow beans per can of soup, 1 can Mushrooms & 1/2 can Water chestnuts. & We used Golden Mushroom soup instead of Cream Of Mushroom.

Kae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter