• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much spending money

cbbutera

Earning My Ears
How much spending money do you need for a 7 day cruise on Disney Fantasy with 1 child and 2 adults?

How much spending money do you need for a 7 day cruise on Disney Fantasy with 1 child and 2 adults?

It's up to you what you will spend it on,

But there are:-
Tips
Shopping,
Adult meal.
Shore trips.
Internet.
Bingo.

Each family is different.

You could get away with tips only.

I was going to pre pay the shore excursions and tips. I am not sure how much the drinks cost? Do they charge you for bottle of water at dinner? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

I was going to pre pay the shore excursions and tips. I am not sure how much the drinks cost? Do they charge you for bottle of water at dinner? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

"Mickey water" is just fine, bottled water is completely unnecessary. The water is "made" onboard from seawater and tastes great. It's also used for all of your food and drink and ice.

If you want bottled water there is a charge. There isn't a charge for soda, milk, juice, tea, and drip coffee.

Other items that cost extra...

photos from shutters
arcade
smoothies
sports simulators (Dream and Fantasy)
snacks at the theatre

Other items that cost extra...

photos from shutters
arcade
smoothies
sports simulators (Dream and Fantasy)
snacks at the theatre

This really illustrates that there is no way for us to say since everyone has different needs, wants and priorities.
We bought photos. My kids knew there would be no money for smoothies or the arcade, sports simulators, etc.
Certainly you can buy movie snacks, but most folks on our cruise just brought in plates of free french fries.

This really illustrates that there is no way for us to say since everyone has different needs, wants and priorities.
We bought photos. My kids knew there would be no money for smoothies or the arcade, sports simulators, etc.
Certainly you can buy movie snacks, but most folks on our cruise just brought in plates of free french fries.

I have never seen people bringing in plates of fries to watch movies.

Yes, we've seen people bring whole meals in (burgers, pizza) but definitely fries show up in the movie theatre often. We usually purchase candy at WalMart before the cruise to have for the movies (much cheaper) and leaves us with a little something in the room that's not "real" food for snacking on.

Thanks everyone for the info. I thought the water had iodine in it?

What water?

Bottled water costs. You can get just a glass of water at meals for no cost. The water onboard is processed the same as most bottled waters, and tastes fine (for us, anyway).

Yes, we've seen people bring whole meals in (burgers, pizza) but definitely fries show up in the movie theatre often. We usually purchase candy at WalMart before the cruise to have for the movies (much cheaper) and leaves us with a little something in the room that's not "real" food for snacking on.

People eating during movies is distracting to others and rather rude IMHO, there is so much food on the ship, you can wait 90 mins without snacking.

Lucky I haven't ever seen this behaviour.

I am not sure how they are bringing whole meals as our 2 year old had 1/2 a chicken tender in her hand that she had not finished and we were asked to wait outside until she finished it completely. Candy is one thing and popcorn but they said food is just too messy. Disney magic January 6, 2014.

People eating during movies is distracting to others and rather rude IMHO, there is so much food on the ship, you can wait 90 mins without snacking.

People eating at all is rude? Even popcorn and candy? Or do you mean people eating whole meals? IDK, but people eat popcorn in movies everywhere, I don't think that's rude. YMMV. :confused3

There are tip calculators available for the Disney cruise or you can call and ask to prepay gratuities. Excursions through Disney have prices listed on Disney cruise.com though they are subject to change without notice (ask me how I know this..January 2014 cruise) you can add stateroom credit to your account to cover these costs in advance by gifting yourself the amount through the Stateroom gifts order form. You may also be able to just add money to your account I. Advance but I am not sure.

People eating at all is rude? Even popcorn and candy? Or do you mean people eating whole meals? IDK, but people eat popcorn in movies everywhere, I don't think that's rude. YMMV. :confused3

I must agree here, we brought in ice cream cones and a wrap, which is quieter and smells less than popcorn at a normal theater. I hope that was in jest.

and i agree it's tough to know how much spending money. even simple souveniers can range 10 - 50 bucks a pop. I'd plan $75 per day i guess. and probably not spend near that much in the end. unless you like drinks at the bar or wine with dinner.

I am not sure how they are bringing whole meals as our 2 year old had 1/2 a chicken tender in her hand that she had not finished and we were asked to wait outside until she finished it completely. Candy is one thing and popcorn but they said food is just too messy. Disney magic January 6, 2014.

I've read reports where they have started limiting the food being brought in - as in "no meal-type foods" but you still can bring in snack-type foods. French Fries tend to be about 50/50 whether they are banned or not.

At my local AMC theater the concession sells pizza, chicken tenders, hot dogs and nachos as well as popcorn and candy. Eating during a movie is NOT considered rude by the general American society.

Good luck with that!

I know you are not from the US so this is an honest question...do they not have concession stands at your movie theaters?

Popcorn and movies go hand-in-hand.

The newest thing here are the dine-in theaters where the seats have trays where they serve full meals (from waiters). I have not been to one yet but I'm assuming the meal is served before the movie starts. Waiters walking around a theater during a movie would definitely be a distraction.

I know you are not from the US so this is an honest question...do they not have concession stands at your movie theaters?

Popcorn and movies go hand-in-hand.

The newest thing here are the dine-in theaters where the seats have trays where they serve full meals (from waiters). I have not been to one yet but I'm assuming the meal is served before the movie starts. Waiters walking around a theater during a movie would definitely be a distraction.

I know this is so off topic, but we go to the dine in movies all the time. You order your food before the movie starts and they serve you during the movie. The seats are on little platforms and are broken up every two rows by a walkway. So the waiters head is at your table height and you don't even notice them. Obviously these are small venues and you pay double normal seat prices, but it's huge here. (We're talking steaks, salads, salmon not just concessions)

I know this is so off topic, but we go to the dine in movies all the time. You order your food before the movie starts and they serve you during the movie. The seats are on little platforms and are broken up every two rows by a walkway. So the waiters head is at your table height and you don't even notice them. Obviously these are small venues and you pay double normal seat prices, but it's huge here. (We're talking steaks, salads, salmon not just concessions)

Oh.. it sounds like I need to try that sometime then. The advertisements didn't give that good of an idea as to how the theater was designed so I wasn't sure how it was done.

For the OP (to bring it back on topic :goodvibes)
My downfall are the shops. I always make sure that I allocate spending money for stuff in there.
Other than the store purchases, our account is usually made up of a few drinks, excursions, Palo and tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter