How much more intense than Expedition Everest is Rock n' Roller Coaster?

I guess I hadn't been on many roller coasters. I got off RR shaking and turned to my brother and said, "that didn't need to be one minute longer", meaning it was a little too long a ride for me. Was it really only 90 seconds?! So fast and in the dark, I couldn't believe I was upside down. That is what inversion means, right? I went on it a couple more times, still don't know at what point I was inverted. I wanted to go on it a few months ago, but it broke down. I'm going to try again in November.

I enjoy EE very much. I've used single rider line to ride it four times in rapid succession. So disappointed last two trips (March and June) they were not using the single rider line.

I have enjoyed the rather intense coasters at Sea World. I need to conquer Rock n Roller Coaster!

If you made it through EE you can make it though RnR. I personally don't find inversions bad because the G-Force keeps you in your seat so much you almost don't even feel inverted. I think the backward part on EE is more intense than most of RnR but RnR has a more constant intensity through the ride. But based on what else you've ridden you can 100% make it through. Worst case you won't like it but if you can make it through the others you definitely won't be traumatized!

The first time I rode RnR, I got off and said never again! :scared1: And I probably didn't ride it for a good 10 years after that. Aside from the launch, I'm a little claustrophobic and the restraint kinda freaked me out. I tried it again about 6 years ago when we started doing our couples trip w/friends and almost had a full blown panic attack waiting for launch (I actually asked the CM to let me off, but she didn't hear me). Then someone on these boards said if you just count to 4 during the launch, the G forces will release and you can breath again and enjoy the rest of the ride, so that is what I do now and it works. Oh, and Xanax helps, too, lol . . . :thumbsup2

I would rather ride Everest any day! Contrary to some other posters I did not find R & R to be smooth, at all! I felt like I was getting jarred the whole time. It was like a roller coaster down a dirt road.

ToT is the one ride I am not too fond of riding...due to the falling. Scared to death off that. But I ride it at least one time when I visit. EE is awesome but the going backwards in the dark is intense. But I ride it a lot. My wife is not a roller coaster lover but EE is her favorite by far. RnR I ride a lot as well but the anticipation of the 2.6 seconds to 60 MPH take off is the one hurdle you have to overcome!

The only part of RnR that's bad is the launch, and that lasts like 2 seconds. Once that's over, you're good to go.
unless you peed yourself during the launch. Then you're wet and smelly all day. That's what a friend told me.

I haven't done either of these because I whimped out and this thread is making me so annoyed i didn't! Rollercoasters make me nervous, so they both made me so nervous, but I need to conquer my fears lol.

This thread has my stomach churning! LOL...My son (he's 9) and has just gotten into the whole roller coaster stage, but hasn't gotten the bravery to conquer the upside down roller coasters yet...probably bc he's still a little young for them...anyways I have always been the 1 to do the disney coasters with him bc I find they are actually some of the nicest built coasters I have been on. Last year when we went we rode Space Mountain 3 times, 7DMT 3 Times, Big Thunder Mountain 2 Times, and Test Track 2 times (not really a coaster but kind of in that category, lol). Anyways when we go to Disney next year my son is DETERMINED to ride Expedition Everest. The only reason we didn't ride it last year was bc mom didn't plan a day to Animal Kingdom (and boy let me tell you! I heard about that the WHOLE trip, LOL). Now I am listening to everyone and I am getting nervous that the POVs I watch on Expedition Everest aren't as nice and smooth as they appear to be and we are going to get on this ride and I am going to completely freak out and we might be better off riding RnRC. But I gotta tell you my days of upside down coasters ended with my teen years, LOL...I'm just not that brave anymore...The launch part I could probably handle...Thats my FAV part of Test Track when you go 0 to whatever in a matter of seconds, lol...I love that adrenaline rush...I just can't wrap my head around being flung upside down, specially with my little boy next to me. Ugh...My stomach is in total knots!

:thumbsup2

As long as the launch doesn't bother you, the rest of the ride is a breeze.

My problem is with the launch. I just can't get over it.

I sweat the last two minutes before the launch anticipating it, after the 2 seconds are over, I love, love, love the ride. I could do that ride multiple times in a row but I've never been there at a time that will let me do that. One day... :)

RnRc did not scare me it hurt me! If you have any back or neck issues avoid it. It really hurt my neck for the rest of the vacation. I would never ride it again. EE I enjoy. Less jerky.

RnRc did not scare me it hurt me! If you have any back or neck issues avoid it. It really hurt my neck for the rest of the vacation. I would never ride it again. EE I enjoy. Less jerky.
Yep. I just cannot put myself through that take off again.

It seems like every joint in my body is sore after I ride that thing.

As a coaster-lover, EE doesn't even feel like a roller coaster to me, and the inversions on RnRC are lost because the first one is so close to the launch, and because of the dark. You can barely tell you're inverting. I love them both as rides, but it's hard to really think of either of them as real roller coasters.

I'm a ride wimp too!

I LOVE EE and refuse to ride Aerosmith.

I can't stand going upside down and the launch seems too intense for me.

I purposely didn't spoil myself and I'm glad. I didn't know it did that until I got on it and experienced it. It has turned into one of my favorite rides! Go do it. You'll have fun.

Hahahahaha When I first glanced at this, I read "I purposely didn't SOIL myself and I'm glad." I was thinking, why are you telling us this. :rotfl:

I do not do any upside down coasters BUT I'm a HUGE Aerosmith fan. The music is the only thing that got me on the ride last September. The anticipation and the launch was intense and in my head I started thinking I made a huge mistake. Then I heard Sweet Emotion and told myself to open my eyes and enjoy it! As soon as I got off with my DD we looked at each other and said let's do it again. We got right back in line and rode it again. One observation is we were closer to the front the first time and it was smooth but in the last seats the 2nd time and it was very rough ride. We are planning our next trip and just thinking of this ride makes my hands and feet sweat but I'll have to ride it again :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter