How much money to take to disney?

gilby

DIS Veteran
We have our trip planned Sept 10-16th. Free dining. I was wondering if 100.00 a day will be enough to take to parks. We are staying on Disney property and it includes our hopper passes. Our daughter is 15, I don't think she will buy much at the parks.
I am working on our summer plans budget and need to no ahead of time how much to start saving for.

If tickets and DDP are paid for this will be more than enough, apart from souvenirs little else to pay for, just additional activities such as Mini Golf, Boat Hire etc

My usual was $100 a day - give or take. This was with and w/o the free dining plan. Obviously when we weren't on the plan money was a little tighter :)

(This was for 2 adults)

The 3 of us spend $2,000 for our entire trip - travel, accomodations, meals, tickets, souvenirs, gas, etc. If your hotel, passes and food are already accounted for, I think $100/day is way more than you'll need unless you are into high end collectibles.

I budget $100 per day w/o dinning for a family of 6 and always have money left over. We go often, so there is not much in the gift shop we don't already have.

I'd say your pretty safe at $100/day.

For us $100 a day is WAYYYY more than enough when we have the DDP, tickets and room all paid for.

We usually don't spend more than $100 on souvenirs, and the DDP is MORE than enough food.

We plan $50 / day. Last trip we used DDP and all was pre-paid before arrival. That did not include extra $ the kids had saved up. This was for 2 adults and 3 kids.

In the end we wound up spending $50/day including the $$ they saved. So a $50/day budget was good for us souvieners.

Are you eating off-site any or uprading a meal or 2 that you may be paying cash?

First time we went to 2 years ago I budgeted $100 a day with 6 day dining plan. Both my girls just had birthdays and had already received Disney Dollars/money. I ended up coming with almost $300.00. Most of the money was spent of breakfast (at the time DDP you couldn't use your snack option for breakfast items like bagels, etc.). So I would have to agree $100 is enough.

This time around I am budgeting about $75...since our resort has ski-dos and bikes to rent. I've always wanted to do the ski-dos and I just might get my chance when I am down there :yay:

It is probably a question only you can answer. We had a souv. budget of $100 for our entire week trip and didn't use it all, so the answer is whatever you want to spend, they will take your money.

If you are asking how much CASH you should take, I will tell you that we may take $200 for a week and then we will come home with some. We put EVERYTHING on the credit card. There is very little that you cannot use your room account or a credit card for.

Your DD can even have a card for charging to your room account, IF you want. So if you trust her, then she needs almost no cash as well.

We don't spend anywhere near $100 a day for our family of 4. Even with a few souvies and a couple extra snacks, we only spend about an extra $200 - $300 for the whole week.

We have a family of 3 (2 adults and 1 child). We had a hopper pass too. We spent a lot less than $100 per day and that money also included meals, etc. I would think you should be good. I know we came home from our trip with a few hundered extra! :woohoo: I guess it does all depend on what you want to splurge on.

Ok, I will budget a 100 a day, but with what ever money we come back with we will add to our winter vacation fund. It is good to know what others spend to give us a good idea. I do usually buy a sweatshirt and I know a good one will cost 50.00, but the other trinkets and knick nacks, I can do without, its more to dust.

I was wondering the same thing too. We will be there for 2 weeks with free dining. I was think about $1000 for both weeks. It has been 5 years since we went, so we will probably buy a few things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter