• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much is your Disney Vacation?

Last year's trip (Nov/Dec) was for 6 nights at All Star Music, 7 day tickets for 3 adults, and two off site nights at the Radisson Celebration. Costs:

Gas, etc. to/from VA & driving around: about $250.00
Hotel rooms to/from: $160.00
Resort room and 7 Day PH Adult Tickets: $1247.00
Radisson for two nights: $180.00
Food: about $700.00 (Boma, T-Rex; all others CS + refillable mugs)
Souvenirs: $400.00 (my husband bought lots of drums!)

Total: $2,937.00

I expect this year's trip to cost about the same or even a little less, as we will be staying on site the whole 8 nights and probably will only eat one TS meal if any. I'm also hoping my husband has satisfied his drum lust! ;)

6 of us
1,375.70 for 10 days
430.00 car rental
996.00 house rental
1,064.00 air flight
120.00 10 days parking
50.00 cash for food
50.00 gas
4,075 total for 6 of OOP

Have earned .....through mypoints Sunshine Rewards , Christmas and birthday gifts
Cracker Barrel 50.00
Apple Bees 75.00
Subway 28.
Olive Garden 50.00 gift card
300.00 WDW gift cards
40.00 Disney Dollars
45.oo Walmart gift card
30.00 Wendys
Thanks to HCW I have written and gotten free coupons for my trip for food
super pretzel , super pretzel ,cascade ,16 20 oz Coke,hostess bread and
popeye spinach -2
sister schuberts free product
budding lunch meat
bar s 5$ worth of free products also Celeste pizza

Ours will be about $4000. We are flying (4 plane tickets), renting a car, and renting a house off-site. The $4000 includes all of that, tickets to the park (non-park hoppers), parking at the parks, dog boarding, and our 2 character meals (hopefully CRT and Chef Mickey's). I didn't figure in groceries, since that will come out of our monthly budget, and I didn't figure in our anniversary dinner (CA Grill), since I don't know what we'll order.

Our spring break trip:

1. Lodging: $0. We're DVC members, so it's not REALLY zero, but we paid for it when we bought it back in 03, so no out of pocket money.

2. Tickets: $0. Again, not really zero because they're annual passes purchased last Dec, but no OOP this trip.

3. Food: 4 people, 4 days, $600. We saved all the receipts. It was really like, $613.26, but I'm rounding.

4. Unexpected cold snap on tuesday, outlet shopping complete cold weather outfits for four people (two kids, two adults) $150

5. Gas, three tanks, $90 bux.

6. Souveniers, $50 (two pins, one mug, one license plate on clearance)

So, we spent about $900 in four days. We felt like the food costs and the unexpected clothing costs were pretty high for this trip, even with only two table service meals the whole time. I'm working on a better plan for december and food-we'll have a 1 bdrm, I think I will cook more...

Here's my breakdown for our upcoming September trip (2 adults, 0 children):

$0.00 Transportation to/from airport and parking (friend will drop us off and pick us up)

$450.00 Airfare to MCO

$0.00 Orlando Transportation using Magical Express to and from airport

$1500.00 Park Tickets (buying 10 day no expiry wiht water parks and more to cover more than one trip) $400 for tickets for just the weekend.

$0.00 Hotel (studio concierge - DVC owner)

$150.00 Food (Tips and extra snacks since we are on Free Dining)

$50.00 Souvies

So our total for 4 days in the World is $2150.00. ($1050 for just the weekend) Not bad at all. The tickets will get us thru this 4 day trip, our 5 days in January and at least one more trip bewteen visiting the parks, the water parks and DisneyQuest.

We are heading down a the end of Sept. Myself, dh & dd (6)
5 nights at GF+6 day PkHoppers+Free dining=$3000
Airfare LI-MCO 3 people=$600 (hoping it drops!)
Car rental-$270
Extra food, MNSSHP, BBB,souveniers etc=$1500

About $5400

We avg between $2000 and $6000 depending on when/how, etc

June won't be as bad since we are staying in our Timeshare and using the military tickets except for 1 AP.

December will be pricey as we are gifting my in-laws - using the military 40% room discount to stay in a 2 bedroom AKL villa and with food and such will be closer to $6000

so I am going to put down my stats since I really havent yet....

we got the 4/3 deal with DDP for 7 nights at a disney value resort...our package total ended up being $1785 for 2 adults one child and a 23 month old...

gas~ around $250
food and ddp tips~$150
souvies~ $300ish

sooo thats about $2500 ...anyway I figure were are looking at around $3000 max :)

Next Jan trip for 6 for two+ weeks with cruise:

Drive down: $100 (Staying with sister halfway)
Food for drive: $25
Condo: $250 (for a week - splitting it with my brother)
Food at condo: $150
Tickets to WDW: $1200
Entrance fee for the 1/2 marathon: $125
Parking fee at Port: $120
Cruise: $5200
Drive back: $100 (staying with sister again)
Food for drive: $25

Total: $7295
Paid in cash: done
Memories made: priceless!!!

we will be going in August, 2 adults and 2 kids

we'll be doing 7 nights in Disney/3 nights in Universal

we'll be flying...staying a a moderate resort in disney and staying at teh HRH in Universal..have free dining

figure our trip will cost a total of $5,500 - including cab fare to and from airport.tips, extra's etc etc...

lisa

$700 + $95fee - 1bdrm OKW - 7night/2adults (dd has time share-rented pts)
$155 - 1 night added at ASmu (couldn't resist ;))
$500 - Airfare
$525 -7day park hoppers (2)- (corporate disc price)
$714 - ddp for 2 (Have this saved on Disney rewards card:thumbsup2)
$300 - misc. opp, tips.
I had planned on a Mod, with free dining. but DD wanted to do the DVC resort and who am I to say no. :confused3 :goodvibes The 1bdm will be great, but the kitchen will be wasted on us! I'm not cooking!
We plan to keep it under $3000 -For us, this is a spendy trip! But it's always worth it!

Yes, this is a tacky question.

I was just reading another post about the costs of other vacations and now I'm curious to see how much an 'average' family vacation to WDW costs. Of course, there is no average since there are so many variable, but I thought this might be interesting.

Here's my breakdown for our upcoming September trip (2 adults, 0 children):

$0.00 Transportation to/from airport and parking (friend will drop us off and pick us up)

$0.00 Airfare to MCO (we are using travel vouchers we got from being bumped from a flight last year)

$50.00 Orlando Transportation (using Magical Express to and from airport and getting a taxi to and from the outlet malls for shopping)

$160.00 Park Tickets (using our Annual Passes, but we had to buy 1 base ticket each to get the Free Dining)

$650.00 Hotel (Value resort for 7 nights)

$200.00 Food (Tips and extra snacks since we are on Free Dining)

$100.00 MNSSHP tickets (2 adults with AP passes)

$200.00 Souvies

So our total for a week in the World is $1360.00. Not bad at all. (Although I had hoped it would magically come under $1000! :confused3)

How much do others typically spend?

Shouldn't you also count the costs of your AP? Afterall you did have to purchase those too

Here's our trip...we leave on Sunday, there are three of us.

$0 Lodging (staying at our timeshare)
$0 tickets (5 day military tickets, able to pay for them with disney visa rewards)
$564 airfare for three
$148 rental car
$60 parking (although hoping to use timeshare shuttle to cut this down_
$0 food, souveniers....$447 remaining on our Disney Visa rewards after buying tickets. but actually this is what we have left on our visa rewards after paying for the tickets.

$101 Universal ticket for DS6, got two other tickets free from a contest
$50 food at Universal

$973 total. I have actually packed cereal, and snacks. We will probably go to the grocery store to get some milk, fruit, water. But that won't run more than about $50 probably, if that.

Plus, I am going with my sister, and she and I are splitting it right down the middle. Woo Hoo!

Here is my breakdown for 2A and 1 Teen (Technically 3 Adults when it comes to money!!)

got the 4/3 plan

$2,950 Round Trip Airfare, All Star Movies, Dining Plan, 7 day
hoppers, Magical Express
$250 Universal Tickets
$100 Rental Car for 2 days
$3,300 TOTAL

Extra $$ (tips, souvies, gas, etc..) $600!!!! my dh is nuts!!! :scared1:
I hope he doesnt plan on spending it all!!

Our May-June trip- (4 adults, 4 children..ages 10,10, 6,& 6):

package- with 2 connecting rooms, Pop Century, QS dining, plus insurance- $3,982.10

Driving- $500 gas, plus staying overnight...another $200

We're staying with my brother for 2 days pre trip in Fla....house hunting..so should I add the cost of our new home in Fla. in the figure? :rotfl:

3 breakfast/dinner reservations plus tips- around $500?

souveniers- We don't go nuts...probably about $20 per person.

We got the 4/3 deal. The trip that started with a mouse...ending with a new house!! :thumbsup2

We're going for 7 nights in July. 2 adults, 1 child.

Room, Park Hoppers, DDP - 1900
Plane tickets - 555
Rental Car - 230
Tips - $150
Souvineers - $100
Incidentals - $150

$3085

Of course, I'm prepared for this budget to be thrown out of the water.

May 2009 trip
Bought a package through a travel company since I missed cheap flights,
Me and DD(16) $3700.00 Canadian
I am flying from Toronto so that is alot of the price.
8 nights at POR
8 day park-hopper plus
dining plan.
$1000.00 spending money

August 2009 trip
Me, DH DD(16) and DD's BF(16)
$6000.00 Canadian
Flying from Toronto
10 nights at POP 2 rooms (did not want to share a room with 2 teenage girls for 10 nights) would have saved about 1000.00
10 day park hopper plus
free dining
$2000.00 spending money

I an spending way more than alot of others. I really should learn to be more frugal...lol

2 adults, dd12, dd9, ds4

8 days MYW base + hopper + Water Parks
Staying at ASMu Family Suite @ $2180
DDP 3 adults, 2 kids - $1120 (we would have saved if we went with QS, but we wanted TS this time..)
Airfare PHL to MCO $690 (not bad for 5 people!)
Totals almost exactly $4000...

I think we paid the same price 4 years ago when we were only a family of 4.. Only bringing $500 spending money for tips and souvies...hope that that's enough!

11 MORE SLEEPS!!! (well, really 10, cause I know I won't sleep at all the night before we leave!)

I thought that was strange also not to include the cost of the AP. That did cost a pretty penny itself and should be broken down for each trip that you use in that year:confused3

We are a family of five (2 adult, 1 junior, 2 kids) going in June under the 4/3 deal

Airport Parking - $90
Airfare - $346 (great deal on SW + credit offset)
Airport Hotel in Orlando two nights to maximize park time - $112 (priceline)
Two rooms at POP 7 nights + 8 day base tickets - $2,153
QSDP - $755
Other Food & Souvies -$500

Total - $3,957

I had hoped to stay at $4,000 so I'm happy with this. Eight park days for five people comes to $100 per person/day in the happiest place on earth.:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter