• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much is your 2016 Disney vacation going to cost you?

We live in Orlando so I don't have a WDW vacation cost, but we are doing Disney Alaskan Cruise next year.

3 nights hotel @ Hyatt before cruise - $600
Flights RT Vancouver - $100 (used points - would've ran $1200 or so)
Cruise - $3300 (used 10% OBB discount)
Dog Sledding - $1040
Spending Money - $300

Total $5340 out of pocket ($6440 without airline discount)

Looks like were at $267 per person per day.. more expensive than I originally thought!!

1,805 - price to upgrade to AP's and TiW
394 - 7 day PH for my mom
700 - 1 week off site 2 bdr condo
1,000 food and souvenirs
200 - BBB and PL
200 - hotels on drive to/from
200 - hotels for mom drive to/from
300 - mom's food

$4,799 for 1 week for 3 adults, 2 children and an infant (we are paying for my mom except her food but I included that here)

Airfare for 4 nonstop from Ohio: $1200

7 nights in Cars suite, 5 day ticket package, not hopper: $3700 (we got a room discount last week, it was previously $4200)

No dining plan, food on our own, we estimate about $1500.

Trip insurance and extras- $500

So almost 7,000.

If it matters, this is our one big trip with the kids. We don't usually do this. We do local, driveable, visiting family kind of trips so my DH said go for it.

We have 3 rooms booked at Beach Club - September 3-10th

7 nights, 7 day park hoppers for just myself in a standard view room- $1,886

I am going to purchase giftcards for our QS dining and the 2 TS we plan on going to. I will start buying the $150 packs from Sams for $142. Flights aren't booked yet but will do that hopefully as soon as Southwest comes out with their Sept flights!

The other 2 rooms have 2 adults in each, 1 with an infant- both packages for 7 nights and 7 day hoppers cost $2,269! They will also be buying the giftcards for all of our dining for the week.

I paid a lot more than $1,800 for my Nov 2015 POR trip, so we got a great deal for a deluxe and won't have to stress over the discounts that come out next year from Disney, as we got over 50% off for the BC rooms! :thumbsup2

I am reading all of these from the beginning realizing you are there right now!! :)

We are local and already have tickets, but Christmas at the world-

December 20th-23rd:
2,200 - One bedroom villa and DDP
500/600 spending money + tip money

For our family of 4 (2 adults, 5, and 2)
6 nights at AOA Little Mermaid with 6 base tickets, dining plan, and memory maker- 3381
Roundtrip Airfare- 798
Insurance- 155
MNSSHP- 300
BBB- 150
PL- 90
Miscellaneous- 500

Estimated total- 5374

I haven't added it up yet. Here goes.

2 Adults November 3-9, 2016:
airfare from Denver w/ one checked bag = $261
6 nights at All Star Sports = $659
4-day Park Hopper Pass (military) = $410
Hoop Dee Doo Revue =$150
Wine & Dine Half Marathon (11/6) = $280
Post Race Party = $79
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (11/8) = $194
7 days food & drink = $800
misc = $400

TOTAL = approximately $3200 for 2 adults for 6 nights

not included: possible day at Universal Studios

Oct/Nov Trip for 2
Swan Executive Suite (with $25 daily fee and tax) $418 x 6 nights=$2508.
Renewed Annual Passes this will be the 10th-16th days we will have used them this year =$676.28 x 2 =1352.56/16 days = 84.54 per day x 6 =507.24 for this trip for 2 people.
Plus the 10% off at almost all of the restaurants we frequent = $150.00 approx. saved - $1350 spent on food
2 Tickets to Swan Dolphin Food Classic - $210 (?)
Air: SW on points and CP...$24
Total: $4600. (Also have Visa Disney points=$480)

March 2017 for 2
Swan (5 nights) - $200 (using SPG points)
SW CP and points - $25
Annual Passes - $450
Food $1050.
Total:$1725.

April 2017 (same deal)
$1725 for 5 nights

Yeah me too...when you pay for most of the items over time you don't realize what the whole package can add up to...good news is we are only out of pocket for food and part of the hotel at the time of the vacation..all else has been paid off. FYI: We bank the vacation money but still charge all the costs...to build up our credit card points. This is the first year we will have two vacations for pretty much just the cost of food...gotta love those credits cards!

I'm too embarrassed to tell! I found that that it's just something I have to close my eyes to (the cost) and enjoy. We are GP and take son/DIL and their two kids to WL for 4 nights but need two rooms. Could only get club and at full price. I'm sure we will enjoy but to get in the ball park, it's costing the same as two of us going to Italy for two weeks! Ok it's over $10k. But excited

It never bothers me when my Scottish friends stare at me with mouths wide open..Approx $8000 for 14 nights at WL next month, that includes flights from the UK..That's for two adults and a teenager..So when they tell me it's costing them $3.500 for two weeks in Spain, all inclusive, for 14 nights, I just laugh and say, enjoy Blackpool in the sun...Im off to the most magical place on earth...lol...

we booked for 12/23 - 1/2 2017 (10 nights) for 2 adults 2 children, staying at the Poly, including DDP (we are planning to upgrade to DXDP, so that will add a bit) flights (from UK), transfers,ultimate park tickets, memory maker. Comes in at around $14,000

Is a terrifying amount of money to spend on a 10 day holiday.

Last edited:
I'm too embarrassed to tell! I found that that it's just something I have to close my eyes to (the cost) and enjoy.

This is my thought too! Next year we're going all out, my husband and i will be celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary. We're also celebrating for what we hope is us completing the Princess 1/2 marathon. So, we definitely are dropping a pretty penny this year compared to years prior but i just know it will be a blast and totally worth it!

Bundling together 5 nights in August and 5 more nights upcoming in December, approximately:
  • Airfare free (award travel)
  • 10 nights at CSR $1,800
  • 2 Platinum APs (bridged) $1,450
  • Dining & Merch $1,600
  • MVMCP for 2 $200
  • Misc. Tips $80
  • Cat sitter $160
  • Off-site Airport Parking $160
  • TOTAL: $5,450
But we may do TiW in December and bump up the dining budget as we are planning on a couple more trips on our APs after December.

Last edited:
Bundling together 5 nights in August and 5 more nights upcoming in December, approximately:
  • Airfare free (award travel)
  • 10 nights at CSR $1,800
  • 2 Platinum APs (bridged) $1,450
  • Dining & Merch $1,600
  • MVMHP for 2 $200
  • Misc. Tips $80
  • Cat sitter $160
  • Off-site Airport Parking $160
  • TOTAL: $5,450
But we may do TiW in December and bump up the dining budget as we are planning on a couple more trips on our APs after December.

MVMHP!!!!
Mickey's Very Merry Halloween Party!!!

Very exclusive hard ticket event going on in the month of Octember!?!:jester:

Ha Ha just kidding. I'm just really bored right now.

Two adults who get there on November 26th. 7 nights, 6 day Park Hopper. Free QSDP, not upgrading this year.

1987 Package (Tickets, hotel and dining)
200 Towards DS's trip, helping to get the whole family down there.
150 Gas, driving from Ohio
110 Hotel on the way down and food both ways
250 Extras while we're there
Total : 2697

We help defer costs by buying Disney gift cards at our local Giant Eagle (grocery store) and getting money off fuel. That saves us over 200. We get Disney Visa rewards points, have a yard sale and include the money we budget for fgroceries and put it towards the trip.

The amount we're spending this year to be at POP is about what we paid for POFQ just a few years ago. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter