• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Much is your 2015 Vacation going to cost you?

hsmamato2

<font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad
:cool1: I figured it was time to start a new thread....based on that other favorite 'vacation 2014':cool1: Let's start the new year!
( I like to add 'soup to nuts' to get the total overall cost):)
I will start.... Right now plans are for January 2015 (end of month)
Myself and Ds2 and my Dsis share a room at AsMU for 4 nights (touring with other family) and then meet DH and DS1 and stay at Dolphin for 8 nights:thumbsup2
I have 5 day hoppers, I need to upgrade 2 tix to 10 day when we arrive
Dining will be OOP;)- have a set amount budgeted in
waiting to see if WDW has room discounts for then, but so far my total is :cheer2:2980.00-:cheer2: This breaks down overall to approx. 62.00 per person,per day.all in:dance3:
this includes parking at airport when DH comes down,plus dogsitting for that week. I may add more and visit Universal also,which will add quite a bit
Anyone else ready to do this?:beach:

Yes, was doing a ball park figure for our trip in August 2015. Was doing some calculations based on staying on site as well as doing the dinning plan. The dinning plan came out to around $51.00 per person per day. DS and I would take advantage of that. Not so certain about DW though. It's kind of tough right now to pin point the exact plans. Hoping some discounts come out for that time. Last year we had 30% of the moderate room rates. :smickey:

*Canadian Prices*

Grand Floridian
7/13 - 7/20 (7nights)
2 adults, 3 children
Dining plan
7 day tickets
$7600

Direct flights Toronto (Pearson):
$1954

Total: $9554

We are planning on mid month Sept 2015.
Pop Century (2 adults and 2 children (5 & 3))
7 Day park tickets (no hopping)
Memory Maker
Total Cost .................. 2493.50

Flights from OK .......... ~1500.00

Food ....................... 1000.00

Total so far .................. 4993.50

This does not include souvenirs, or anything we might do special like BBB, or our grocery order. We plan on eating breakfast in our room. I am hoping a free dining or some other discount will be released that we can use. Crossing my fingers!

Global cost for all our stay (02-17 November) including the visit and stay of Universal resort for 2 days, and the stay at clearwater beach for 2 day also: around 9500$ (7500€), including Memory maker and some shopping.

The plane cost will be around 2500$ (2000€) from Nice (France).
We are 2 adults and we stay 2 nights at Art of Animation, 10 nights at Port orleans riverside (even if we will only sleep 7 nights there), 3 nights at Grand Floridian concerning Disney.
We stay One night at a Universal resort (Loew's I think it will be) and 2 nights at a hotel in clearwater beach.
Also have 2 MVMCP plan.
For dinning, we plan to pay Victoria's and Albert, Ohana as breakfast, and Holywood and Vine (Fantasmic package). We have 7 others table service restaurant ( including CRT breakfast, Narcoossee and California grill) but they are in the Disney Dining Plan we've got free.

We've got 14 days park hopper.

We've already booked Art of animation (275$/217€) and the POR (3600$/3000€).

September 2015
2 adults
(2) 5 day base tickets
Standard Room @ POFQ (7 nights) w/ Free dining
= $2,046.00 total

Flights from NJ/Philly to Orlando
Baggage fees
= $320 total

(2) 1 day PH Universal tickets
Taxi from FQ to US - roundtrip
Lunch & Dinner @ USF
= $450 estimated

OOP meal @ Shula's
Tips
Souvenirs/Misc
= $650 estimated

Trip total = $3,466.00

Last edited:
Late August/Early September 2 Adults, 2 Children.

6 nights Poly, 7 day base tickets - $2547.18
Food, Souvenirs, BBB, and Memory maker ~ $1,200
Driving - Gas ~ $250
1 night each hotel on the way down and back ~ $200 worth of hotel points

~$4,000 plus ~$200 in hotel points.

We are going 2nd week in April staying at the contemporary for 6 nights/7 days

Package for hotel/park tickets/dxddp: 6600
Driving from nj to fl: 400
Souvieners/tips: 800
Misc hotel fee: 300
Total: 8100

April 17-25 BLT
April 26-May 1 DCL Fantasy out of Miami
May 2-4 Disney Vero Beach

2 adults, we are driving due to the extended nature and locations of our trip. We are DVC so all rooms are covered. I did book 1 room on the way down and 1 on the way home but I was able to use hotel points and only paid tax on each room which was less than $9 each night. Booked our cruise the day the bookings opened and got a great deal $1157 for a 5 night. Ordered tickets from undercover tourist and will up grade to DVC AP so about $1k. We are foodies so plan on $1500 (food will be covered on the cruise and we eat breakfast in our room), tips and excursions, a little pocket money and we are figuring about $5000.

This doesn't include our Garden Grocer order, that is part of our normal grocery budget.

jan 2 -10 3 "adults"
2,800 ish for POR room and base tix
1,000 ish for food
858 for flights there
650 for flights back
320 for dog sitter = $5628

plus who knows for extras like bag fees, parking fees, souvenirs, tips, etc.

not included in my total:
434 for tix to the dark side for a day
100 for cab fare and tips

Two adults

Two days at Universal Studios
One night at Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Seven days at WDW with Park Hoppers
Eight nights at Art of Animation Plus Dining Plan
Round-trip airfare from CLE to MCO

Total per person ~ $2,000

We're also budgeting about $100 per person for the Universal days and about $50 per person for the WDW days, so that brings it in closer to $2,600 per person when incidentals are added.

Going twice - just about $9000 total for both, with air.

March:

Air - $500 (have enough SW points to get there for free)
Hotel- $1620
Food - we budget $1000/week
Rental car (1 day trip to Cocoa) - $75.70
Activities - $1500 (not sure what this entails yet. I know Splitzville is likely a few days, horse rides, etc)

Total: 4695

October:

Budgeting the same

September 2015, 4 adults, 5 day base tickets, Standard Room @ CBR 9/5 to 9/12 with Free dining = $2,933

Flights from NJ/Philly to Orlando = about $800 probably closer to $650

Hey Princess,
Where are you getting flights from. I've been watching southwest lately flying out of philly and can't find any thing lower than $217.00 each.

TIA

7 nights/6 day base ticket/regular dining plan @POR = 4028.02
Memory Maker = 149.00
flights = 832.00
food outside of dining plan = ~ 500.00 (we are eaters and drinkers :blush: )

~ 5500

Of course, this doesn't include gifts, kids club (if we do ... and if we do, we will want to eat at a signature which will, of course, you know ... )

Not too bad, I think. COME ON FREE DINING! :cool1:

Hey Princess,
Where are you getting flights from. I've been watching southwest lately flying out of philly and can't find any thing lower than $217.00 each.

TIA
Have you checked either Atlantic City airport or Trenton? I know they fly to Orlando.

Have you checked either Atlantic City airport or Trenton? I know they fly to Orlando.

Have not. thanks. I was thinking about AC as it's easy for me to get to.

I'm at ~5000.00 this is a very high budget for me. and it's not all out of pocket.

For example, I'm including 1000 which is my dvc annual dues on my membership but I pay that in January so trip time I won't need to calculate that.
but I know if I say my lodging is not a cost some one will scream that it is.

so.
1000.00 9 nights 2 bedroom villa at either beachclub or boardwalk.
2500.00 10 days food. this is very high but I always over budget. this past may we spent average 50 bucks per person per day.
1200.00 10 day park hopper tickets. (hopefully they will give another annual pass discount)
250.00 2 nights motel. 1 going and 1 coming home. once again this is high, generally I spend about 100.00 including tax.
400.00 gas round trip
50.00 toll round trip.

Adults only trip Jan 18-25 so 7 nights!

AKV value studio via DVC rental: $824
Airfare: $23 (SW points and companion pass)
Tickets: $383 (DH still has valid AP)
TiW card: $100
Dining/Souvenirs/etc: approx $1000

Total: $2330

Not too shabby I think!

Dates: 4/25/15 - 5/2/15 (7 nights/8 days)
Party: 2 adults, 1 "Disney adult" (10), 1 child and 1 infant
Resort: Contemporary Tower - Bay Lake View $2,621.76 (using 40% off military discount)
Tickets: $0, we have AP's and used them for an 11 day trip in August, which already justifies the cost
Airfare: Jet Blue, RT out of Boston $1061.00
Food/Souvenirs: approx $1250, we already have a valid TiW card
Total: $4,932.76

Late August/Early September 2 adults, 1 Disney adult, 1 child

9 nights Beach Club with 8 day park hoppers $3300
Flights estimating $800-1000- If over we will drive $400
Food budget- $2000
Extras- $1000
Memory Maker- $150
???MNSSHP or Pirate Cruise- $200ish

Estimated Total- $7650

Late July/early August - 2 adults, 1 child, 1 under 3
13 nights BC ~4000 (just over, but additional discounts could help lower it)
airfare from Philly ~ 500 - have some SW pts
tickets ~500 (DD & I have APs)
Food ~ 2500 ( have a TIW card)
Misc - arcade, souvenirs, barber shop ~700
Total: ~8200

It is most likely our last Disney trip for a few & we want to relax, do a lot & enjoy ourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter