• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Much Is It Costing You To Go To Orlando In 2011?

mtblujeans

DIS Veteran
We're heading to Orlando from Northwest Montana in March (6 nights) and it is costing us (2 adults) $365.60 each R/T to fly on United. The rental car is $114.00 (midsize). The hotel is $95.57 per night @ Holiday Inn Express near USO. Total $1,419 so far. We need to get passes for USO yet....

What is it costing you and your family this year?

i figure right around $3000 for me and my 3 boys. The only expense I didn't figure was car rental and I'm not sure I will rent one...

$1400 airfare for four, $1400 to rent extra points needed due to too many past trips(2 br SSR) $1200 for 7 day park hoopers and a $1000 for food misc?

We didn't want to rent a car, either. In checking into shuttles, I found that some of the hotels are as "transportation friendly" as they are in other states. Unless you want to go to WDW, you may have trouble getting transport. :guilty:

We haven't a clue what food will be costing us this trip. Since it is a business trip for DH, we will be keeping receipts and know the total after the trip. $1,000.00 sounds like it might be a good expectation for us, too.

We leave this Sunday. We paid $185.00 pp(reg price was $285) for flights thanks to some miles we got to use with Delta. $700.00 for 8 nights 3br condo at Bahama Bay Resort. $221.00 for full size car rental. We have left over water park days on our disney passes so we really just plan on chilling. We may hit Sea World or Universal if we get bored. Just going to get out of the Northeast and enjoy some nice warm Florida Sunshine.
So total for flights, accomodations and car rental:
$1661.00
We also have a grocery/dining out budget of $800 + $200 Disney gift card. We'll eat out breakfast a few times and probably just about all dinners out.
So with food our total:
$2461.00
Obviously this will go up if we hit any parks but my boys are teenagers and have pretty much said they just want to sleep in and hang around the resort most days.

We are going for 5 nights next week to Universal - this is during our Feb. break week - most schools in the Northeast have the week off...

Airfare for four - $1120
Hotel (Hyatt Place Universal) - $90 per night ($450 total)
Mears townecar - roundtrip transportation - $111
4-day park-to-park passes - Universal - $569 (undercover tourist)
Spending $ - $1100 (food, drinks, limited souvenirs)

Total: $3350 bought and paid for!! :thumbsup2

2 adults and 2 kids flying from Chicago. Offsite 3br condo, rental car, plane tickets for 2 (got the other 2 tickets free with a Southwest Visa promo), 7-day MYW passes (no add-ons), we're looking at $2152 before meals.

Tickets: $664
Condo: $514
Car: $241 (suv)
Airfare: $733 (2rt plus 2x $50 rt 9-11 fee).

Budgeting $800 for meals, so we'll be around $3000.

April 2011
Airfare - 1350 for 3 pp with a lap child too
MiniVan - 400ish (sharing with family)
Housing - 500 (sharing)
Ticket - 650 (around, can't remember now)
Budget for spending and food - 1700 (probably overboard but its vacation)

Around 4500-5000

Family of five with four of us being Disney Adults and are budget is laid out below for our 14 day trip. This is our first and only trip until we have grandkids or at least see everything on our list so it is a little high.

Driving there and back gas budget $400
2 nights in a hotel (one on way there and once back) $220
11 nights at POR $1840
6 day water park and more tickets thru undercovertorist $1435
dining expenses $1000
tolls $20
laundry $20
tips $50
souviners that we will buy kids $200 (they have more money just of their own)
misc $130
Total is $5315 but my sister is paying $700 towards her part of the trip and we have saved up $1200 from credit cards and survey rewards. So just $3415 out of pocket. We are also taking an additional $600 to use for back to school clothes and early Christmas shopping but that comes out of a different budget.

2 adults, 8 nights, airfare, hotel, DDP, park hopper tickets - $2,150
2 - 1 day 2 park US/IOA tickets w/shuttle - $260
2 - LaNouba tickets - $200

Total - $2,610

We don't rent a car when we stay on-site - we use ME and then the busses, monorail or ferry.

Let's see. We are family of four (all "Disney adults"...but in reality, a mom, dad and two 11 year olds).

Airfare: $1150 (includes bag fee) for all of us.
Tickets to Disney (6 day park hoppers, 4 people, Disney YES program) $700 (around that...I don't have precise figures in front of me).
House Rental (our share): $900 (sharing with another family). We get 2.5 bedrooms for this money, and share the pool, hot tub etc).
Food: Haven't figured this out exactly because we will do a combo of eating at the home and eating out. The eating at home is a wash, because we'd be eating if we weren't on vacation too. But figuring we will spend $300-400 on restaurant meals.

Car rental: $275 (includes a tank of gas, full size car).

So, that adds up to $3425. Not bad for a family of four, flying.

11 nights in June $4,500 1 adult, 1 child

Flight (2 people) $750
Gas/Rental Car/Parking $450
Nick Hotel 2 nights $280
Royal Pacific 1 night $285
Extended Stay 8 night $320
Discovery Cove $518
US/IOA tickets $286
Disney Tickets $584
Food + Souvies $1025

Still playing with numbers but it all seems to work out very close to $4500.

Total is $5315 but my sister is paying $700 towards her part of the trip and we have saved up $1200 from credit cards and survey rewards. So just $3415 out of pocket. We are also taking an additional $600 to use for back to school clothes and early Christmas shopping but that comes out of a different budget.

Taking your sister may actually have a wonderful side effect!! You can ask her to babysit one night so you and your hubby can have a meal alone!! I know I would have been more than happy to do that!! Have a wonderful time and make lots of wonderful memories!! :goodvibes

We were there for 10 nights Jan 22 - Feb. 1. We used ff miles so airfare was $40 for fees. Rental car was $149 for full size with Alamo. Gas was $54, parking was $127. Townhouse was $734 for 10 nights (3br/3ba). Tickets were $777 for 10 day park hoppers for 4 through Disney's YES program. Groceries were $62. Food was $566 for food in the parks and $379 for offsite meals. We spent $316 on souveneirs, mainly because we made the mistake of introducing our kids to pin trading!

Total cost = $3204.

Here is a breakdown of our trip costs for food, tickets and lodging:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2651035

We are going back in October. My daughter just got a new job, so that will be the soonest we can go. We are not 100% sure, if we will drive or fly, or if the rest of us will drive and my daughter will fly to meet us....

So here is the proposed budget:

Drive $200, for 1/2 the gas, $75 for 1 night hotel or $400 ticket
Lodging: $0, DVC
Food: $210 (QS) to $$$$ for DxDDP + tips
Spending: $400-600, including Christmas present ornaments.
Food if we drive: $100, fast food both ways:mad:

There isn't really too much merchandise I want at this point. Have my dream Dooney and a few wristlets, have LOTS of pins for trading, if I so choose, buy an ornament for my daughter and the boys each year for Christmas and have them shipped home.

Other than that, I will buy, a popcorn bucket, or two, if both boys each want one, If on QS one or two TS meals oop. We will bring some snacks from home, fruit snack and small bags of chips, as the ones at WDW are huge and the kids can't eat too much at one time. I already have glow sticks from our last trip and may just order 'new' fraction of the cost light toys. Not sure yet, as the kidlets were not at all impressed and they had the exact ones WDW was selling.:confused3

So, bottom line $1185 +++ I am counting on and saving $2500.00, I usually overestimate.

We have two trips planned......we have APs, so don't need tickets.

SkyAuction.com condos are also paid for, so no hotel fees.

$200 for each trip for gas (more if the price of gas rises)
$100 per trip for dog sitting

and food.....

So, I am looking at $600 or so for two full weeks plus food (we eat a lot of our own at the condo and have Disney reward $$ for some as well!)

:banana:

Dawn

Taking your sister may actually have a wonderful side effect!! You can ask her to babysit one night so you and your hubby can have a meal alone!! I know I would have been more than happy to do that!! Have a wonderful time and make lots of wonderful memories!! :goodvibes

We are exicted about bringing her she is basically just like one of our own. And we do plan on having her watch them once so we can go eat. It is part of her payment for getting to go but honestly we would take her anyway.

We're going on our disneymoon :love: so we're spending a little more than normal

Flight-$211 RT per person
Stay at the contemporary with theme park view, 7 day park hopper, and dining plan- $3286
Possible souvenirs- $200

2 adults plus 2 kids= $3300 in AIRFARE alone!!!

We are DVC, so we do not have to pay for lodging (although we do shell out for dues yearly, don't know what that costs).

With tickets and meals, I am scared to thing what the final total will be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter