• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much is a resale 200 pt BCV contract going for these days??

icydog

DIS Veteran
How much are BCV points selling for on the resale market now. Is Disney still ROFRing contracts? If so, at what amount for a 200 pt BCV contract? I am actively looking for a 200 pt contract and want to be assured it will be at the minimum ROFR price.

I have seen BCV contracts going in the 80's. Your best option is to contact one of the resale brokers and ask questions. I just bought through resale last month and Jamie at the The Timeshare Store was great.

I believe all the brokers can give you an idea of what a fair offer is. You can even tell them what you are looking for and they will let you know if a contract comes in that fits your needs.

You can also look at the thread on this site that shows the contracts that are passing (or not passing) ROFR. It will give you a place to start!

Good luck on your purchase!!!

I was offered $85 for a 200 pt contract Feb uy. 70 pts available and 200 coming Feb 1st. It is a private party who's selling. Would you guess that was about right to pass ROFR? Thanks..

I was offered $85 for a 200 pt contract Feb uy. 70 pts available and 200 coming Feb 1st. It is a private party who's selling. Would you guess that was about right to pass ROFR? Thanks..

Here's the made it through/didn't make through ROFR thread by Donald Is #1 here on these boards ( see Post #625 which is most recent update on 3/15/09) it's a great place to get a better idea on what contracts are making it through ROFR as reported by prospective buyers here on the DIS.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1960185&page=42

Good luck to you on your contract :goodvibes

Based on what I have read, that seems like a fair offer, especially since it is a bigger contract. I have also heard that contracts in which the buyer is paying closing costs may have an easier time passing.

Of course, no one knows for sure what and how Disney decides on ROFR these days, but I just passed a small VWL contract at $83.00 points last month. I even saw an SSR contract get through at $67.00 per point.

Good luck!!!! Here is some pixie dust coming your way!!!pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Rachel at internationalgmac.com is also a great resource. THey are the company that dvc recommends for resales so they have a great rofr rate...I'm selling some with her right now..

they have lots: rachelt@internationalgmac.com

hope this helps

Lisa Ashton

I couldn't find any for sale units on her site. What's up with that? How can you buy or sell something without data?

I couldn't find any for sale units on her site. What's up with that? How can you buy or sell something without data?
You have to be on their email list. They are no longer publishing their inventory on the web. Once on the list, they will email you MANY listings!

I believe all the brokers can give you an idea of what a fair offer is.
You want to be a little careful here. I believe the brokers are always representing the seller. If so, they have a fiduciary duty to get the best price for the seller that they can.

What a coincidence, I just bought a 200 point BCV contract with a Feb UY that had 70 points banked?!?!

I bought it back in September of 2008. Paid $89 per point and all closing costs. Looking back, I am sure I could have got a better deal and offered lower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter