How Much is A refrigerator at a Resort...

Disneyluver4Life

Mouseketeer
Hey I was just wondering how much is it nightly to rent a fridge and if you need it for medical necessity- do they still charge you? And if not do I need to bring a docs not or something to prove I need for health reasons?? Any help would be appreciated

Last summer it was 10 dollars per night to rent a refridgerator at the Poly. I have heard that if need a refridgerator for medicine they won't charge but I don't whether this is true. I would think that the medicine w/prescription label would suffice for proof that you medicine needs to be refridgerated. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Hi

A refrigerator is $10.00 per night plus tax and disney will no longer waive the fee for medical reasons. Evidently to many people were abusing the privlidge (not talking about you!) and they no longer offer it.

IIRC they will refrigerate your medication at the front desk. Perhaps a cooler or just the ice bucket would be enough depending on the type of medicine.

good luck
TJ

DW and I just got back sunday from OKW and CR. During the middle of our trip, my son got sick and we needed to get some medicine. While at CR they provided a medical fridge at not cost. It was very small, about the size of a shoe box, but did the trick. Kept his medicine very cold. I can not speak for the other resorts but therer is no charge for a medical fridge at CR.

Scott

When I made my reservations for WI I ordered a fridge. 10.00+tax. She ask me if I needed for medicine and I ask why. She tod me there woould be no cost.

The Grand does not charge for fridges.

WI does not charge for deluxe or Villas. Just the regular rooms.

We will be staying on site for a total of 11 nights and will be needing a fridge for milk and yogurt. Has anyone used the Igloo Kool Mate with much success? My question is, do these coolers really work and keep things cold? We are driving and can buy one of these for just about the cost of renting a fridge from the resort. Thank you for any input you can add.

According to what people have posted recently, it's very inconsistent whether or not you will be charged for a refrigerator for medical reasons. It used to be free of charge for medical use, but (as tjmw2727 posted) there were too many people who were claiming they had a medical need when they didn't just to get the fee waived, so they started charging everyone (even people with legitimate medical needs). Recently, people have been posting more often that they were not charged.
I don't have access to the number right now, but you could check with WDW Special Reservations about a refrigerator (they are the department that deals with special needs). They might be able to get one at no cost (although some people have not had luck even thru them). I'll post the phone number when I get home if no one else has.
Also, you might want to check with the Pharmacist to find out whether your medication needs to be refrigerated or just kept cool. Be careful if you use and ice bucket and keep your medication on the ice. Some people have found frozen medication because contact with the ice was a little too cold.

We bought one of the 5 day coolers before our 2 week trip to Colorado and Yellowstone last year. It works good after it gets cooled down which can take a couple of days. Just be sure to drain it everyday unless you like your cookies and chocolate covered in water!

We also took it to WL in Dec 2002. Again it takes a couple of days to cool, we now precool it with ice before leaving. It kept our milk very cold, DH hates warm milk. You will probably need to add ice every other day, depending on how much it gets opened.

It does hold ice for 5 days, just not ALL of the ice.

We bought one and will use it on our upcoming trip to WDW. We were going to rent a fridge, but it would have cost us $70 plus tax so we decided to spend $85 and own one. We used it on a recent trip to TX and I wasn't overly impressed with how much it cooled things. It was nice not to have to worry about ice and dumping water, etc..., but I would have preferred for it to keep things cooler. I never saw the instructions that came with it so maybe there's a way to adjust the temp. that I don't know about.

Here's the phone number for WDW Resort Special Reservations:
(407) 939-7807
(407) 939-7670 [TTY]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter