• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Much Fun Can You Pack into 6 Days? Lots of Pics! Updated TODAY!

mla1977: Good luck with your new "street". I'm ready for those little suckers this year. Today, I'm bringing home my box of mini-microwave popcorn that I keep at work. Just in case. ;)

Glenda: I'm going to show you girl. I'm going to complete this trip report. There are some things that I really want people to know and I can't wait to get to it. They haven't been making a big stink about internet use at work so I'm trying to push through as much as I can.

Lan: Hi Lan! Thanks for reading!!! I'm happy you enjoyed it.

Glenda: I'm going to show you girl. I'm going to complete this trip report. There are some things that I really want people to know and I can't wait to get to it. They haven't been making a big stink about internet use at work so I'm trying to push through as much as I can.

:rolleyes1

I have two more pictures that I have to download from my camera to complete the next installment. Wednesday's are very busy work-wise, so I'll get to it either Thursday or Friday!!!

If I dont, you have my permission to call me to the carpet. :thumbsup2

Ok- you have a choice: have a job and take care of your family, or DIS!:snooty:

Did I run out of candy on Halloween or not?

The answer is…

drum roll please
:rockband:

YES!!!!

Again!!!!

I was ready. I swear I was! I just knew I was ready!

I was wrong!

Apparently, the 100 people who came last year, told 100 of their friends and they all converged on MY street - "THE STREET" on Halloween night.

They get 2 hours for trick-or-treating. 6 to 8!!! I was out of candy and driving to Winn Dixie (which is thankfully right up "the street") by 7:00!!!

That's right folks, they'd wiped me clean in less than an hour. That means the little packs of candy and the popcorn packs! There were people driving up the street with the back doors of their vans flipped open and they would get to a spot and the kids would explode out of the back of the van!!! It was the scariest thing of I've ever seen - on Halloween or any other day. I also had a repeat trick-or-treater, but I recognized her shirt, so she didn't get past me!!! ;)

Tanner and I still had a good time though, which is why I drove to Winn Dixie instead of just turning my lights off and hiding inside when I ran out of candy.

Here are a couple of pictures of Tanner or should I say Count Tancula!!!!

016_16.jpg

Here's a close up picture of his evil medallion. I said he could either go as Dracula, Liberace, or James Brown.

Don't think he sits that calmly all of the time. I had one hand on the camera and one hand on the treats bag. :rotfl:

017_17-1.jpg

Here's Jasmine for Halloween. She didn’t go trick-or-treating this year. She thought she was too old (where does the time go?) But at the last minute she decided to dress up to pass out candy. She decided to go as a nerd.

001_1.jpg

002_2.jpg

Sorry for this little aside. I promise to get back to the trip with a new installment tomorrow!

As I said at the end of the last segment, after the Safari, we headed to Pangani Exploration Trail. We'd always overlooked this little hidden treasure, but we weren't rushing to get back anywhere so we hiked the trail.

We really enjoyed seeing the gorillas, meerkats, hippos etc. It is always nice to find something at Disney that is new to us. The gorillas, even though they weren't very active, were very popular so we had to wait a little while to get close to the windows to see them. There's a short story (I don't remember where I read it) about animals who think that people are in the zoo and the people think the animals are in the zoo. That's what it felt like at Pangani. (excuse me if I'm spelling this incorrectly)

Here are some pictures from the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail!

SD530855.jpg

SD530868.jpg

SD530869.jpg

This picture is pretty blurry. But this big guy was a big hit. He obviously did not want his picture taken so he would peek under his arm and then hurry and cover his face again when he saw a camera:

SD530872.jpg

Now I have no idea why this picture was taken; apparently we saw those two other ladies taking pictures and we just assumed we needed to be taking a picture of it too:

SD530851.jpg

Next we headed to - you guessed it - EXPEDITION EVEREST!!!!

Poor Ayeshia, she got to watch us ride EE again! She really did get the short end of the stick. Following Everest we went to Dinoland and rode DINOSAUR!

Here's a red-neck picture. I'm not really a red-neck, so the picture isn't very clear!

SD530886.jpg

Kenya and her girls joined us after that. The rest of our group was ready to head out of AK. Farrah, Jasmine, Kenya's girls (KeMarr & Kia), Myeshia and Anesha headed to MGM for some TOT. Donnie Jr. and Ayesha headed back to the hotel for some rest and Kenya and I stayed at AK.

The three K's had eaten at Planet Hollywood for lunch before meeting us at AK but I truly don't remember where we ate for lunch on Friday. If I (or someone from my group) remember I'll insert it here; otherwise just know that we ate. My memory is really going. I'd better get this trip report done quickly!

We headed to The Festival of the Lion King and were first in line for the next show. As we were waiting a couple walked up wearing Dream Fast Passes. We told them how we had been hoping to win Fast Passes but we hadn't yet, but we still had 3 days left so we were holding out hope. He asked us if we'd rode EE and we told him yes. He asked if we'd gotten on Kali, we told him that we weren't planning on riding it because we didn't want to get wet. He finally said "It's hard to give something to you, isn't it?" and handed the fast passes to me and Kenya :banana:

018_18.jpg

He and his wife had used the pass for Dinosaur! but all of the others were still there.

We thanked them profusely and headed into The Festival of the Lion King. Guess what! The MONKEYS WERE BACK!!!! Apparently Monkey #3 finally got to work. This time we sat in the LION section. I absolutely LOVE this show. If you have never seen it, you are definitely missing Disney at it's best. It is absolutely AWESOME!!! Kenya really enjoyed it too.

There was a guy there who was acting really obnoxious. I mean really!!! At the beginning when they are picking the people to be a part of the show and they pick the guy who's name always means "My lucky day" obnoxious guy starts finger whistling and clapping loudly for the man. Everyone was giving him "the eye", but obnoxious people never see "the eye" :mad:. Once all of the performers finished their introductions and we were ready for Simba and his friends to come in, obnoxious guy's daughter jumps up and starts clapping loudly, but she apparently hadn't been training to be obnoxious for very long because as she stood up she fell flat on her face :headache: hitting the bleacher in front of her. She was stunned but otherwise okay. Her dad quieted down after that. I felt sorry for her because she was just trying to be like her dad, but we really need to be more careful about how we act around our children. if you want your kids to follow in your footsteps be sure you're headed in the right direction.

After the Lion King, Kenya and I went back to the Safari. There was a bit of a wait and they weren't passing out any more fastpasses but we had Dream Fast Passes! The cast member let us through the fast pass line. Kenya was so excited you would think she was a rock star. Even though it was later in the afternoon, the animals were still pretty active. Kenya was in awe of the beautiful surroundings. One particular part of the Safari I remember is when we were rounding the curve headed into the Serengeti part of the ride and she gasped. I looked over at her thinking something was wrong and she just shook her head from side to side saying "This is absolutely beautiful." Until that moment, I'd never paid attention to the actual scenery of the safari. I just thought of it as a place to hold the animals. I'd been blind to the actual beauty and realism that was a part of the landscaping. Instead of looking at the plants and trees that had been flown in from different parts of the world to make the safari more realistic, I was looking at the little barbed wire branches that stuck out of the ground and was supposed to blend into the landscaping to keep the animals at bay. I was overlooking the beauty for the mechanics. Oh to be a newbie again!!!

A few times on our Safari the driver had to say "Please stay seated during the Safari." "For your own safety, we ask that you remain seated during the safari." and other phrases that meant the same thing. All to no avail however. This one little boy kept standing up in his seat and pointing over his dad's head at the animals. The driver actually had to stop the vehicle because the little boy wouldn't sit down. But instead of being properly chastised, he took it as an opening to run to the other end of the truck to get a closer look at a giraffe. And when I say a little boy, I don't mean toddler. He was at least 8 years old, so he definitely knew better. I finally turned around and said "Little boy in the orange shirt. SIT DOWN!" He sat down and we resumed our safari with no more interruptions from little orange shirt boy.

That's right, I'm that type of parent. If you don't chastise your child and it has any affect on me, I will chastise them for you. :snooty:

After we rounded up some poachers and saved Little Red again - maybe I need to get on Little Red's butt for running away from her mom so much - it was time to head to MGM for a little Fantasmic action.

As we were walking out of AK we caught sight of this:

SD530874.jpg

Why do people wear these types of shoes in WDW? Are they really more comfortable then crocs or tennis shoes? Do they really think anyone is thinking "Oh how cute she looks"? :crazy:

We met up with the rest of the gang and took this picture as we were walking in to MGM

SD530887-2.jpg

Kenya, Ayeshia and I got in line for the Fantasmic show while Farrah and Donnie Jr. went to ride TOT again. The girls headed back to the hotel to play in the pool. I am often the seat-holder at Fantasmic but I'm not very good at it, because if they take too long, I generally let people take their seats and they have to go and find there own. They lucked out this time because Kenya was with me and she was willing to fight for them.

As usual, everyone enjoyed Fantasmic and we headed back to the AKL for some much needed rest.

I love reading you report. It just makes me want to hop a plane and head back there again. Especially to see the Lion King again!

I was in N.C this halloween and the malls and houses I took my cousins to gave out potatoe chips... they literally had more chips then candy... They also recived ice cream and soda... My have the times changed.... :( I guess everyone is trying to do the healthy thing... But I miss all the yummy chocolate....

Great installment by the way... :)

Hi mla1977, thanks for keeping up with my trip report. I can't believe I've gotten all the way up to Day 3. The last trip report I tried to write still has us on Day One.

Tasha: I know alot of people down my street gave away microwaveable popcorn, juice boxes and water, but how do people give out ice cream on Halloween? When I started running out of candy, I considered giving out the freeze pops I had in my freezer, but didn't think it was a good idea because they would melt befor the kiddies got home. Yes, I was that desperate. Thanks for reading my trip report and I'm happy you're enjoying it!

I'm still on day 2-ish on my report. The first "day" was the travel day turned into night and very early next morning day.

I'm still on day 2-ish on my report. The first "day" was the travel day turned into night and very early next morning day.

We'll have to encourage each other! :hug:

You can do it!!!:thumbsup2

It takes time and we'll have to work hard.

:hourglass :cheer2: :artist: :stir:

Then we can have a party when we finish.

party:

In WDW maybe?

I started a new job this week, so have been going through dis-withdrawals.
BUT
was thrilled to steal a minute this morning
(at home :rolleyes1 )
and find updates from Sneezie!
Thank you for taking me with you to AKL...
the way you describe it makes me feel like I am there.

And the Halloween pictures of Jasmine and Tanner were great.

(We got ZERO trick-or-treaters this year.)

Thanks, Sneezie!

It takes time and we'll have to work hard.

:hourglass :cheer2: :artist: :stir:

Then we can have a party when we finish.

party:

In WDW maybe?

Sounds like a plan! :surfweb:

I'm always looking for a reason and the money to go back to WDW.

Yeah, the money part is an issue. I think I'm still paying off credit cards from my trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter