How Much Fun Can You Pack into 6 Days? Lots of Pics! Updated TODAY!

We stopped at the Pop Century Resort and more than half of the people on the bus got off there. We then went to Coronado Springs and a couple of families got off there leaving the six of us and another family on the bus. Did we feel bad, left out, less than human. HECK NO!! We were headed to the ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE, baby!!! I had to refrain myself from pressing my face to the window, sticking my tongue out and poking my thumbs in my ears while wiggling my fingers and singing "nanny, nanny, boo boo". But I figured that wasn’t acceptable Animal Kingdom Lodge behavior so I settled into my seat and tried to pretend that I was sorry that I wasn't staying at the Coronado Springs Resort. Yeah right!

now this would make me laugh if i saw an adult doing that :rotfl2:

Hey! Looks like I'm late AGAIN! So glad they got the cd out!

I didnt know about the personalized menus or the bday signs! So I've learned alot from your report! I think that Coral Reef gets a failing grade for bringing the menu LATE and not holding the sign up long enuf. I guess they figured "Well at least we did it". Glad you had a good time anyway!

Looking forward to more . . . .

Hey! Looks like I'm late AGAIN! So glad they got the cd out!

I didnt know about the personalized menus or the bday signs! So I've learned alot from your report! I think that Coral Reef gets a failing grade for bringing the menu LATE and not holding the sign up long enuf. I guess they figured "Well at least we did it". Glad you had a good time anyway!

Looking forward to more . . . .

Hi Glenda!

Better late than never! I understand you had a report to finish.

I agree that the Coral Reef gets a failing grade. I felt like I shold cut them some slack since it is a free service they offer, but if they can't handle doing it right they should cut it out. I was very disappointed.

I should have another installment up today. I hope you come back soon.

Were you really online at 1:00 this morning?

Hello.... Hope I'm not to late... I just found ur t.r.. From reading glenda's t.r.... I can't wait 2 read what will happen next.... I remember those teenage years where it was cool to act like you weren't excited but secrectly be beyond excited.... Though I'm techniclly still a teenager (19).. Lol...

Hi everyone! So sorry I took so long for a new installment. I hope you haven’t lost interest! I hope I still remember most of the trip!

Anyway, before I forget…. here's a picture of the group next to the aquarium at The Coral Reef:

SD530793.jpg

Don't worry, there was no one sitting at the table that we were in front of.

Okay, following our so-so meal at The Coral Reef, we rode the Nemo ride. It was a total let down to us. It just seemed like a way for Disney to fill a space. When the ride was over, Farrah just kept saying "Is that it? You gotta be kidding me!" Following Nemo, the teens and adults parted ways. The teens headed for MGM but it was time for me to SOAR!!! I'd waited long enough. I Absolutely Love This Ride!!! It is Absolutely Fabulous! It is the reason they coined the term ABFAB!!!

The line was a bit long. A twenty-five minute wait, but we weren't complaining. We just weren't used to it being longer than 5 minutes which is what it was last year when we first rode Soarin!!!

We got to the head of the line and asked to be in the front row. We strapped ourselves into the huge Erector-Set looking contraption and took off for Sunny California. I love the Sea, Orange and Pine scents that they pipe in. I suck in as much as I can!!! Wal-mart actually sells a pine cleaner that is as close to the Pine scent on Soarin! as I've ever found. I keep a bottle just to sniff from time to time.

My family calls me a coward because of my fear of most rides and people who travel with us to Disney World tend to gauge a ride's "fierceness" by whether or not I would ride it. They'll make the comment "Well, if Tamara's is riding it it must not be that bad." I don't like people to do this because I am irrationally coward and I would hate it if someone ended up passing the chance to ride a great ride because of my cowardice. And since, I'm definitely not going to get on a ride to ensure that they go, I try to talk them into riding, even though I wouldn't get on for 999,999 dollars (I'd get on it for a million).

Here's the reason for my little digression:

Following Soarin!, we headed to Mission: Space. This is a ride that I refuse to get on. Whether it is the green or orange side, I'm not getting on. I can not take any ride that holds me down and presses against me. I'm starting to hyperventilate just thinking about the possibility :faint: but I didn't want Kenya to not ride it because of my fear. So I kept trying to talk her into riding it with Farrah and Donnie Jr. (Ayeshia definitely couldn't ride). She finally agreed to go after Farrah assured her that it "wasn't that bad". They rode the orange side. :smooth:

Ayeshia and I beat a path to the dump shop and I played the really cool game that's in there. I think it's called Mission: Space Race Game. I jumped on Team Triton and got busy sending up coordinates to repair whatever went wrong with the spaceship. Ayeshia sat across the room and shook her head at me.

Team Triton won!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

It could have been because Team Orion only had one little boy on their team who didn't really understand the game, but hey, is it our fault that they don't hire qualified help!

:cheer2: A win is a win!!!! :cheer2:

Before I had a chance to play another round of Space Race, Farrah, Donnie Jr. and Kenya were back and Kenya was buzzing. She was not a happy camper, but she did manage to get out (between gasps of air), that it's a good thing she pushed that button, otherwise they wouldn't have made it back. :lmao: It was time to head out of Epcot, four of us started walking at a normal speed back to the entrance of Epcot. Yep, four of us…

Go back and count….

I'll give you some time.

That's right… We were one short. Kenya was kind of swaying and staggering behind us. She really wasn't feeling well. Here's an idea of how she was feeling:

SD530794.jpg

We were wondering why she'd taken the barf bag with her when she got off of Mission Space. I guess we knew now. Hence the inspiration for the title of this chapter.

It was definitely time to get out of Epcot now. Farrah headed to MGM to find the teens while the rest of us headed back to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for a little rest and Pepto!

When we got back to our rooms, Kenya found this little guy wearing her sun visor:

SD530800.jpg

I found this little cool innovation in our room:

SD530801.jpg

Not as cool as the ghost, but just as cute. That's where Jasmine kept her toothbrush for the rest of the trip.

After we'd rested for a while it was time to head to the ESPN Club on the Boardwalk to get a table for the Saints vs. Colts game. The game started at 7:00, we left the Lodge (I like the sound of that) We left the Lodge at about 5. There was a bit of a wait but we were able to get a good table close to the big screen. We snacked on nachos and soda and enjoyed the game; even though the Saints lost. We came up with an idea for a new business and wrote it on a bar napkin, because as everyone knows the best ideas are always written on bar napkins!!!!

We then headed back to the Lodge. The next morning we had an early ADR at O'Hana's.

Hip hip hooray! :woohoo:
Sneezie is back!
Thanks for the fabulous update.
I am TERRIFIED of trying Mission: Space, and had almost talked myself into it.
Not anymore!
Have a great Monday.

I love the picture of all of you at the Coral Reef!

The ghost is adorable!

Thanks for the update.

Yeah! You're back!

Loved the pic at Coral Reef! Glad you went, and now you never have to go back! Ha! That's how I felt when I went last year!

Sorry Kenya got sick on Mission Space. I get on this ride now that they have the tame side. The first time I rode the only and original version. I was sick for about an hour. God help me. I was so sick! So glad they have another version!

Ok - get your butt in gear, and send us another installment!

PS! Yes, I do DIS late at night!

I'm right here Mama!!! I won't be posting an installment today though.

I was off two days this week (sick):sick: and I'll be leaving in another 20 minutes - I'm heading to Gulf Shores, AL for the weekend :moped:

So I have to spend this morning trying to play catch up!

Sneezie! You aren't allowed to take any more vacations until you finish the TR for this one!

Thanks for making an appearance!:goodvibes Have a good time. I'll be looking forward to another installment when you get the time.:hourglass

Sneezie! You aren't allowed to take any more vacations until you finish the TR for this one!
That's right! I just found her location on maquest, and I'm heading out to get her to make her finish! See y'all later!!! Wish me luck!

:drive: :car:

:wave:

Thanks for stopping by. I'll have a new installment between today and tomorrow.

Okay, at the end of my last installment I said that we had an early ADR for O'Hana. I must have been looking at the pictures in the wrong order or something because I was wrong. Today's reflections are of what happened on Friday, September 7th, 2008!

T-Shirt Day!!!!

We did not have any ADRs set up for today so we could take it as fast or slow as we wanted to. Actually, I hadn't made any of our reservations for the rest of our Table Service meals. Coral Reef was the only one that we'd made before we left. Don't faint, people. It turned out alright.

Since we didn't have anything planned, we slept in. Well, if you consider 8:00 sleeping in. We ate some doughnuts and juice that we'd bought with our snack credits at the Marketplace downstairs. We gave Kenya and her girls a courtesy call but they still weren't ready to join the rest of humanity. So we went on without them.

The early morning group headed to Animal Kingdom…. yes, again!

We went to the Times Board and noticed that The Festival of the Lion King was about to begin so we moved our butts towards Camp Minnie Mickey to take in the best show in Magic Kingdom to date! We sat in this section:

SD530806.jpg

We made a low, bleating sound!!! We sang. We danced in our seats. We thoroughly enjoyed the show. But there was something missing….

THE MONKEYS!!!!

The tumble monkeys did not perform. I was sooooo disappointed. That's a so with 4 extra o's people, that's how disappointed I was. I was also kind of scared. Had they done away with the monkey part or did one of the monkeys not show up for work this morning? Who did I have to talk to find out?

Of course, the part of our group who had never seen the FOTLK and who did not know that the monkeys were missing absolutely loved the show. However, my worrying that they'd taken Timon's advice and nixed the monkeys did not allow me to enjoy the show at all. Farrah went over to one of the camp counselors/cast members and asked what happened to the monkeys and the lady shrugged her shoulders and said "I don't know what happened to them this morning".

THANK GOD!!! The Monkeys are still part of the show!!! The relief was enough to knock me to my knees.

Dramatic enough for you?

Now, I would have to come back and see the show again with the monkeys, darn it. Why does everything have to happen to me?

After the Lion King, we went to Kilimanjaro Safari. We hadn't had a chance to see it the last time we were in Animal Kingdom because it closed earlier than Animal Kingdom did on Extra Magic Hours (see earlier chapter). It was still kind of early in the morning so we were hoping that the animals would be active.

They didn't disappoint… Here are a few shots.

SD530812.jpg

We always love getting a picture of the balboa tree:
SD530818.jpg

SD530820.jpg

Here's a giraffe and her young:
SD530821.jpg

Here's a giraffe mooning us:
SD530823.jpg

SD530825.jpg

Here's the cattle (don't remember what their official name is) with the empty horns:
SD530828.jpg

Here's an elephant, no it's not Big Red or Little Red:
SD530835.jpg

SD530836.jpg

SD530842.jpg

Here's the King of the Jungle and his queen!!! And that's as close as I want to be to them:
SD530843.jpg

SD530845.jpg

After the Safari we went to Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. We've never been there before. And we were pleasantly surprised. I have pictures from there too, but I'll post them later.

Here's a little tidbit - an extra-long aside if you will.

Halloween is coming up and I have a cute little story to go along with it.

I built a house in a nice neighborhood about three years ago, but last year was my first time passing out Halloween candy on All Hollow's Eve. Therefore, I had no idea how much candy to buy. I went to Wal-Mart and armed myself with what I thought was enough candy to appease a small army. I was wrong…

Apparently, my street is "the street" for candy. You know the one. We have "the street" in my parents' neighborhood as well. It's "the street" that everyone goes to because they have the big, pretty houses and if they can afford those big, pretty houses then they can surely afford the big, pretty treats! "The street" in my parents' neighborhood was a few miles from our house - okay a good eight miles, so we had to drive there. Everyone did. There was always a bunch of cars parked at the front of "the street". It was called Castle Drive! Can you imagine the type of candy those people would be giving out? It was "the street" for our entire town!!!

Well, unbeknownst to me at the time, I was living on "the street". It's not Castle Drive, but it is all the same, you know what I mean.

At about six o'clock on October 31, 2006, Tanner (my rescued boxer) and I settled ourselves on the front porch to await the trick-or-treaters. In the beginning, the demand was not as great as the supply, so I was feeling good. Tanner was enjoying seeing the little kiddies coming dressed up in their costumes. Once or twice he tried to steal a candy out of their baskets when they weren't looking. But the kids were good-natured and really liked petting him. This year he's going to be a vampire. I can't wait to see the kids' reactions!

Well, as the sun started to go down and the moon started making its appearance, the number of little ghosts and goblins started to increase. After about an hour, I realized that I was about to run out of candy and I started to panic. It was time to get crafty. When there was a break in visitors, I ran into the house and threw open my pantry doors. I had a huge box of mini microwave popcorn packets. Whew!!! I ran back outside and started passing those out. Soon, I was running low on those. What should I do now?

I ran back to the pantry and I pulled out my oatmeal pies. I LOVE oatmeal pies!!! I eat at least two every night so I really didn't want to part with them, but I didn't want to get my house toilet-papered for running out of candies either. So I sacrificed my late night snack for the sake of a trick-free yard!

I went back outside and started passing out the oatmeal pies. Up walks this little guy, he had to be about four or five years old. No costume, he was dressed as a four or five year old, I guess. I drop the oatmeal pie into his bag and smile. He looks down at the contents of his bag, looks up at me, and says

"You ran outta candy huh?"

:lmao:

Needless to say, this year I'm going to have a boat load of candy. And when I run out I'm going to cut my lights off and hide in the back of my house until All Saints Day. Hopefully, it'll be a toilet-papered house-free All Saints Day!

Happy Halloween Everyone!!!!

I am so thankful for our house location. We are in the middle of hill on a very busy street and there is enough land in between our house and our nearest neighbors house for at least 2 more houses. The other side is at least 1/4 mile away. Last year we took DBF's little brother to "the street", conveniently his boss' neighborhood. I want to try out another "street" this year, a newer development behind us.

WHAAAAT?!!!! Sneezie is really stepping up to the plate! Another installment AND a funny story!!!!! I can't believe it! :lmao:

You got some great Safari pics! Sorry about the Monkeys not showing up for the show. To me, they are reason to go! Glad your family couldnt tell that anything was missing!

Glad that you're on a roll! Looking forward to more!

-G :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter