How much for Mousekeeping?

sandydk

Mouseketeer
How much do you typically tip Mousekeeping, and do you do it each day, or all at the end of the trip? Thanks!

Each day bc you might not have the same housekeeper every day.

We did $3 when we were at Beach Club CL. At Pops I put out a privacy sign every day, so we didn't get our room clean there.

I'll be completely honest, the housekeeper at BC CL did awesome towel animals, the ones upon our arrival at POPs sucked so we didn't bother getting our room cleaned. I didn't want to have to straighten it up enough for a mousekeeper to come in.

I went to AKL (end of july) with my 2 sons. The housekeeper was such a sweet lady, the day before we left she knocked on my door to thank us for the tips. She gave me this handwritten thank you note that really touched me. Every day we got some little extras ( not expected) . I have no complain about the service while there. I was talking to the housekeeper and she told me that some people from different countries do not tip at all, then she smiled and said that" I still clean their room everyday and give them my best" :tinker: I have nothing but such wonderful experiences with Disney housekeeper employees!

How much do you typically tip Mousekeeping, and do you do it each day, or all at the end of the trip? Thanks!

We tip $5/day, more if we feel they exceeded expectations. We have had awesome mousekeeping where she left a written thank you and other times, just surface clean. The better the effort, usually the more we tip.

I tip based on how many people are in the room, no matter where I stay. So it could be anywhere from $3-10/day. I do it daily unless I know we will have the same staff or if the facility pools tips.

I usually do a dollar per person, plus an extra dollar.

If you want to tip, tip each day, as you won't always have the same housekeeper.

We are DVC members so they don't provide daily Mousekeeping, but my rule of thumb was $1\day per person int he room. So $4\day for my family of 4 each day. I don;t knwo if it made a difference but our room was always in tip-top shape.

I always made sure that they knew it was for them by putting it in an envelope marked Mousekeeping.

One note on Mousekeeping, if you have any kids with stuffed animals, make sure to take them off the beds! I have known more than one family to have an animal get wrapped up in the sheets and taken away! :eek:

Housekeeping is a non-tipped position. So you really don't need to tip anything if you choose not to. Unless the Housekeeper cleans up a big mess or offers you some extra service.

Valet parking, bell services and food servers are the only tipped positions at WDW.

We tip daily. I'm pretty happy to see this thread actually. Not a lot of people think to tip the housekeeper. Why we feel obligated to give someone a tip for carrying our luggage ON A CART but not the person who scrubs your dirty toilet and shower and makes your bed is beyond me. Housekeepers provide a far greater service to Disney guest than most anyone in the normally tipped positions.

I'll tip nice because I'm a custodian in an elementary school and know how hard it is to keep the toilets clean, so they get my respect right off the bat !

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We had envelopes pre-filled with $5 to leave each morning before we left for parks.

We got to see our mousekeeper on the day we were checking out- she was sweet and thanked us for the tips - and we were able to thank her for the AWESOME arrangements she made each day with the boys stuffed animals - she really went above and beyond doing fun stuff with them- the boys LOVED coming back to the room to see. I know not all mousekeepers are that great- but I suspect leaving a tip each day helped out a bit :)

We tip daily. I'm pretty happy to see this thread actually. Not a lot of people think to tip the housekeeper. Why we feel obligated to give someone a tip for carrying our luggage ON A CART but not the person who scrubs your dirty toilet and shower and makes your bed is beyond me. Housekeepers provide a far greater service to Disney guest than most anyone in the normally tipped positions.

I completely agree! Regardless of whether Disney classifies the house keeping position as a tipped position or not, if anyone deserves a tip it's the people who scrub the toilets and clean up after us!

I don't care if they are getting "nontipping" wages - they work very hard, have always been very prompt and thorough for all of our onsite vacations at WDW, and I want to show my appreciation. We leave $5 each day, with a thank you note or any requests. When my kids were little I let them decorate the envelopes or paper. Actually, my DD19 still likes to draw a Disney character or two on the Mousekeeping envelopes. :)

We tip $3-5 a day for my husband and I. And we do that for all hotels we stay at throughout the year.

I am 45 and my parents taught me to tip housekeeping when I was a child - it is something I have always done. And every company I have ever worked for has reimbursed me for housekeeping tips while traveling on company business.

So tipping housekeeping is not an unusual practice.

I know this is not popular opinion, but... I have never tipped housekeeping at a hotel anywhere. We did tip on our cruise. I think that was only because they left envelopes in our cabin for that purpose. Otherwise, it really has not occurred to me to do so.

We usually do a few dollars a day and we do it each day.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We leave $3 at every hotel we stay in- Disney or nonDisney. Even though it may be a nontipping position how much can mousekeepers make? When you think about leaving a $25 tip at a buffet vs leaving $3 actually sounds cheap...and I am not getting into a huge discussion or comparison about who works harder or has whatever skills just talking about cash.

$3 is a small part of our day and if the 10 rooms she cleans each gave $3, an extra $30 a day can make a difference in someone's life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter