• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much extra spending money to you plan for a week at WDW??

Grendalynn

Self Proclaimed DIS Veteran
:confused: Ok, so our ressie is bought and paid for with DDP. P&PP tickets are already in hand, too. I am sure there is a thread about this on here already - but I want instant gratificaton, what can I say?? :confused3

What do your money on while a WDW and how much do you spend ont hose things??

Weather it be just for fun money or for everything - drinks, tips, meal/dining extras, and all that jazz? DH and I have been pondering this question all week, I would love to see what other Dis-er's budget for!! :surfweb:

We too are on DDP.

I am planning on bringing $1000. (Ok not really bringing cash but having available)

We have 10 TS ADRS... the 18% tip figure to around $120

We are paying OOP for 4 of those TS... at about $200

If we rent a stroller.. (I might being my own).. $120

The rest is for whatever comes up... I really don't know what all we will want, but I figure I would rather have too much saved than too little.

oh! I was suppose to have a plan? :rotfl2:

max $100 per child for souvies.

everything else falls under a different budgeted item. (food, gas, lodging,etc.)

depends on age and number of children as well

depends on level of service you desire. (bell services, spa treatment,etc)

don't forget mousekeeping tips. we usually tip $1 a day per person.
don't forget sweatshirt/shoes/sunglasses you'll "need" as something is lost/forgotten
money for newest Disney addiction be it dolewhips or collectable pins

we don't carry much cash at all. enjoy 2-3% cash back on the card instead.

Our next trip is a 2 week stay and I'm planning $800 for the 4 of us. I don't actually think that I'll spend that much. I'm thinking that $500 is probably closer to the real number. For us spending money only covers shopping. I bring souvenirs that I've bought at the Disney Store before the trip, so that's partially covered. Everything else like meals and park tickets I have budgeted for elsewhere.

We've been to the world a bunch of times so we mainly spend money when we go to the mall. We do spend a little bit at World of Disney in DTD but that would be about it. I think it's totally different when it's your first time there. Everything is attractive to purchase.

We are on the DDP too. There are 4 of us going two adults and two 4 year olds. We are bring $1500.00 for spending money. DH thinks we wil need that much. I personally think its way too much, but I am letting him decide.

We are paying off our park hopper tickets and room ressie tomorrow. :dance3:

When are you guys going?

We typically spend less than $200 in "spending money" during a week at Disney. This includes tips, extra snacks, OOP meals, an adult beverage or two, and a couple of small souvies (usually pins). I buy a lot of things ahead of time at home so we aren't buying things there. We also don't let DD go crazy with souvenirs and we don't buy anything for ourselves (I do pre-purchase the Photopass CD). We use the DDP and maximize our meals on that. We will need a little extra this year as we will have to tip at our CS meals. But I still plan to spend less than $500.

BTW, this question is tricky because it really depends on the spending habits of your family. If you know that you like to shop...bring more.

We are on the DDP too. There are 4 of us going two adults and two 4 year olds. We are bring $1500.00 for spending money. DH thinks we wil need that much. I personally think its way too much, but I am letting him decide.

We are paying off our park hopper tickets and room ressie tomorrow. :dance3:

When are you guys going?

We headed to Florida Tuesday the 25th, but dont check into WL until 4/1. We are ther 4/1-4/8. :thumbsup2

BTW, this question is tricky because it really depends on the spending habits of your family. If you know that you like to shop...bring more.

I am figuring that out as I read the responces. :surfweb: I guess I should have worded it differently like - What do your money on while a WDW and how much do you spend?? I think I may add that to my OP!! :thumbsup2 Good Point!

We plan $100.00 a day. We always get the DDP, so the 100 is for extra's. When we went in Dec we were there for 12 nights and spent about $600.00, but tips were included on the DDP.

About $200 for souvenirs (for all 3 of us), about $100 for misc. (tips at the airport, cab fare from one resort to another, other odd expenses). Before we leave home we make tip envelopes for Magical Express and housekeeping, and we make an envelope with money for locker rental.

We are a family of four, and we will probably take btwn $300-500 for a week's stay. We will be renting a double stroller everyday, so that is already almost $100. And we mostly spend the rest with bottled water, some souveniers, and now with the tipping. Last year we took 300, and we used it all up, and we also have a piggy bank for the kids. We took it to the bank the day that we left and we were shocked that it had $120.00 in it, and we had collected for less than a year!! So that was for the kids.

This really will vary depending on your spending habits. We went on the Dining plan in 2007 (when the tip was included) and spent maybe $150-200 out of pocket for the 5 days we were there. But we buy very few souveniers, I consider my pictures the best souveniers, and DH gets a new hat every trip.

We are also a Family of (4) Two adults and two Children and we are going in July (20th-27th):banana: . This our First time and we are bringing 3000$:confused3 , and from the sounds of it that is more than enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter