how much dollars to take??

mandy s

Earning My Ears
hI,
My friend and i are off in May:cool1: for 17 days, going the more luxury route this time with a villa & car hire.
Now the tickets are bought and in hand:yay: the only off park activities are to be manatee experience, airboat ride and the rodeo in kissimee as well as some of the dinner shows. we also like to peruse the fleemarkets.
but i'm pondering the delema of what we should take cashwise.
We both have credit cards that will take the main spending (postoffice CC)
but realise we will need some cash in hand.
does anyone know if u can pay the disney park parking with credit card or cash only?
presume snacks etc are cash only as well but not sure.
I dont want to take wads of dollars then be left with them if not needed.
was thinking about £200 worth of dollars for incidentals, with the option to withdraw at an atm i suppose.
If this is way out :confused3 could u suggest a feasable amount.
thanks in advance

Mandy and Hazel

i would say around the $125 a day most of this will cover for extra thing you need like tickets.
all we do my self and my partner is take the same amout of money out each day if you have got any left over just top it up for the next day.
you will be suprised at how mutch you will have left after 17 days.

les m

I live in the US and will be taking around $150 cash. I will be charging EVERYTHING to the room and clearing that on a CC when we leave:)

I guess it depends on what your travel habits are on site v's off site. Even then EVERYWHERE takes CC's and that means no change for tipping:)

You always need to have at least some cash on you - if for nothing else, you will need them for the odd tips. I usually take the max my insurance will cover me in cash at the time which is whatever £500 converts to in dollars at the time. The rest in TCs which I spend early in the day and get the change to have cash on me for the rest.

thanks for the input guy's, keep the comments comming:)
i'm thinking we will just need cash for parking and small snacks/drinks, and hopefully everything else can go on the card's? anything else we will need cash for? presume we leave a tip at the villa for whoever cleans when we leave??
not sure of taking travellers cheques this time or sticking with cash?

mandy and hazel

:worship:ta for any input:worship:

presume we leave a tip at the villa for whoever cleans when we leave??
not sure of taking travellers cheques this time or sticking with cash?

mandy and hazel

:worship:ta for any input:worship:[/QUOTE]
Actually its better to leave a tip daily as you are not guaranteed to get the same maid two days in a row. The norm is about $1 per person per day. Leave it on your pillow and the maid will know to take it.:thumbsup2

we don't have maid service at the villa, won't see anyone unless their is a problem.
was just presuming a tip expected for the person cleaning the villa etc. when we leave, not that we intend leaving it messy.

mandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter