How much does Disney require as a tip for table service meals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirstyn

Earning My Ears
We are a family of 4 (3 adults and a teen). We will have the deluxe plan. How much is required for tips on tables of 4? Is more tip required of 2 credit restaurants? How much money should I budget for tips on a 4 night stay? We will be going in mid July for our first trip. Thank you!

When we went last Sept. the bill had a suggested 18 percent. but it is up to you .... all you haters just back off... if the service isn't good I won't tip 18 percent. We had an awful waiter at the Crystal Palace and at a buffet I at least expect the used plates to be picked up and a fresh beverage isn't out my expectations. He got 10 percent and that is just because I felt guilty about leaving less. People around us with a different server were taken care of well. If this gentleman felt slighted I hope he got the message. They should not expect prime gratuity for poor service. Otherwise your bill will have the amount on the check that your meal would have costed if you were paying cash instead of using dining credits.

It's parties of 6 or more that have an automatic 18% tip added. You would tip a percentage based on the total meal cost, whether you are paying for the food portion with credits or not. You can budget for tips by looking at the menus, guessing what you might order, and multiplying it by the percentage you generally tip. So if your meal came to $100 and you wanted to tip 18%, you would do $100 x .18 = $18.

More info here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/tipping-info-thread-for-disney-dining.2300858/

When I order at a restaurant will my bill also tell me the dollar amount if I pay in credits? As a general rule how much money should I put back for tips on a 4 night stay?

You need to look at the cost of the meal and estimate tips based on a % of the cost-generally 18%. Credits have nothing to do with it.

When I order at a restaurant will my bill also tell me the dollar amount if I pay in credits? As a general rule how much money should I put back for tips on a 4 night stay?
Yes, the dollar amount will absolutely appear on the bill-it won't just list the credits. If I'm remembering correctly, the suggested tip amount of 18% is listed on the slip too.

It would be difficult to guess the tip amounts without having an idea of where you will be eating. A table service breakfast can be as low as $30 per person whereas dinner at a signature could be $100 per person. Check out allears.net for very detailed menus with pricing to get a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter