How much do your children sit and watch from stroller? Debating Phil & Ted's stroller

MomtothreeEs

I spend way too much time searching for ADRs...
I'm still trying to decide on how to handle strollers for our trip. We will for sure be taking a single umbrella stroller and some kind of double stroller because at some point, I'm sure we'll have a need for all three of them to rest or be safe in a stroller. We own a Phil and Teds stroller, and that's really all we use these days. Most of the time my 5 and 3 year olds walk, and the 2 year old rides in front. If someone gets tired or throws a tantrum, we always have the option of the extra seat in the P&Ts. However, the lower/back seat of the P&Ts is not good for seeing things in front, and it doesn't recline. I'm trying to determine if one child will have a tantrum if he/she doesn't have a place to "sit" and watch things.

The other option is to rent a City Mini double stroller and have the kids sit (fight :rolleyes:) next to each other. I really love the P&Ts- it's so easy to maneuver, but I'm not sure if it will work for WDW. Thoughts on this?

My kids are a bit younger than yours (ages 2 & 11 mths on our last trip). But I used my Britax double the entire trip. They ended up watching parades in it, napping, etc.. I guess it depends if you want to spend the $ renting so 2 kids are sitting with a view or napping comfortably or if one of your older kids are ok with mostly walking until they are tired out & need to rest in that back seat. If you know your going back to your resort for afternoon naps or your oldest kid can handle walking and not being in a stroller to watch parades, etc. then I wouldn't really spend the $ renting. Plus, maneuvering a side by side through crowds and store aisles is harder than a tandem stroller.

I have a britax b ready and I use it in doubles mode for my 9 mos and 2.5 year old. My 2 yo sits on bottom and loves it. For parades and such she can sit outside the stroller or be held.

I love my tandem for Disneyland!!!

I don't think the P & T would be the end of the world, but I do see some convenience w/ a city mini. Parades especially & some other shows. Can 2 kids sleep at the same time in the P&T? That would be my other concern - though, at disney they'll probably be tired enough that they could!

I don't feel like the side by side makes them fight, but I guess that depends on the kids.

We have a P&T and used it for years it worked well until my now 3 year old started kicking the front seat, same goes for my I candy peach now. We are pretty much our city mini double get ot bob dual lie with them, the 21 month old gets all snatchy in the SBS strollers but I have to decide which war I want to face.

We have a P&T and love it. I usually have my 1.5 year old up front and the older two take turns sitting in the lower seat if they need a break to ride. We haven't been to a Disney park yet but in other places they haven't really had a problem seeing out the front - they just crane their head a bit to the side or if we're stopped I'll just angle the stroller ever so slightly :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter