• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much do you typically spend on a Disney Vacation?

I'm so busted :lmao:

AP renewal is $354 each (last ones were good for 15 months) and dues are $720 a year. Of the $720 we get back around? $250 each year in a property tax credit. So it costs us a net of about $500 a year to own DVC.

The AP's are gifts to each other for Xmas ... so they don't count, right? ;)

they don't count at all!:thumbsup2

Our cheapest trip was about $2700, for 5 night in a value resort with DxDDP, 2 adults, 1 child, 1 under-3. Our most expensive was around $10K, for 11 nights in a deluxe resort with the DxDDP, 2 adults, 2 kids.

We fly so it costs us $1000+ just to get there, and Disney really isn't a destination I do on a budget. I'd rather go a bit longer between trips than stay offsite or cook/pack lunches on vacation.

Nope, don't count. And neither does the actual up front cost for the DVC. ;)

Dawn

I'm so busted :lmao:

AP renewal is $354 each (last ones were good for 15 months) and dues are $720 a year. Of the $720 we get back around? $250 each year in a property tax credit. So it costs us a net of about $500 a year to own DVC.

The AP's are gifts to each other for Xmas ... so they don't count, right? ;)

We live 6 1/2 hrs. away by car, so we always drive, which saves a lot in airfare. We visit 2-3 times per year, so we like to save wherever we can to make the trips as affordable as possible! Also, we don't usually visit all four parks each trip--one trip we may visit 2, the other trips one park per trip. We attended MNSSHP in October, so that was a special ticket. And we love Orlando as much as Disney, so we make time for Winter Park, the malls and outlets, time out and about in town, maybe a few hours in Celebration. Our approximate expenditures are:

Gas: $350

Tickets: $125 per person for a four-day pass

Disney Value-level Hotel (POP is our favorite): $79-$99 per night (or less, depending on which season we go--we have gotten POP for as low as $49 a night!)

Food: For our family of three (2 adults/1 five-year-old), we take our own breakfast items and just buy milk for our cereals, so we only pay for lunch, dinner and special snacks in the parks or wherever we are. We take lots of snacks and drinks into the park. So we maybe spend $50 tops per day for the three of us.

Gift Shop Stuff: Varies by trip but we probably spend around $200 for the three of us--we only have the one little daughter and we tend to go a bit overboard--I love Disney as much as she does!

We have a family of 5, but one just turned 3, so we haven't had to pay for tickets/lodging for him yet. It runs us about $3500 total for a week. We fly down, and that is runs us about $1250 right there. We have only done the free dining and we stay at a Value hotel during Value season. We don't do souvenirs, and since transportation is taken care of, our only out-of-pocket costs once we get there are tips for our sit-down meals, and I think last time that was about $200, and I included that in the number above.

For my Nov trip I am budgeting 9k. That includes airfare for 4 adults, 2 nights at Universal and 7 nights at Disney (also 1 night at the airport prior to leaving), Universal and Disney tickets, La Nouba tickets and mostly counterservice meals, a car for 3 days. It also includes a Segway tour for DH and DD15.

We are booked for WL family of 4. 3 adult cost, and one child.
Oct 22- to oct 30
1 night is a comp night.:woohoo:

Room with insurance and 40% off, tickets and Dining = $4000
Air from PA for 4 $1165
Air port parking $100
In room Celebration $300
Spending money $2000

So i'm going to say close to $8000.

Of course we could go cheaper if we don't stay at a deluxe hotel. Maybe driving but with Gas going up who knows.

Thanks for all the replies! This was very interesting. I'm definitely fortunate to be within 9 hours of driving so I can avoid airfare. I'm feeling pretty good that I'm in line with a good budget. Thanks again!

We usually spend between $3,000 and $4,000. We drive and stay in disney value resorts.

Ages 2 adults 2 kids under 10 1 infant. We are staying at POR for 14 nights with basic dining plan we already have AP which will expire with 3 days left so we are going to US/IOA for 1 day hopping and using express pass all said without gas and spending $ we are at $3715.56 We are taking $2000 to cover gas, US/IOA and spending $ so total would be $5715.56 for a 15 day 14 night vacation!!!!!

1st trip, Dec 2007, 2A = 1 week at WL, Dining Plan, Tix, Souvenirs, Airfare = $2500

2nd trip, May 2011, 2A, 1 toddler (free at Disney, but have to buy airfare) = 5 days at CR, OOP dining, Tix, Souvenirs, Airfare = I'll be happy to come out under $3500

I am using 2011 numbers, so it may be a bit higher next year but the same trip (assuming they offer free dining.)

1 Week, end of Sept/beginning Oct, 2A, 2C
POP Hotel:~1900
Free Dining
Airfare~800
Rental Car~150

So 2850. I have about 500 in disney rewards so that should cover spending money. It may be a bit more if we decide to upgrade to DDP if they do free dining the same way as this year. We were going to do POFQ, but dd has seen pictures of POP and is in love, so POP it is.

Varies from about $2500 to $8500. Some years, I splurge( lagoon view, club level at the Poly). This last trip, I had a standard view at WL. I would like to start doing short solo trips and for those, I may do a mod or a value.

We are also a family of 5. We have driven and stayed at FW at a campsite, so that cuts down on the cost. We usually budget about $3000-$3500 for a 7 day trip with the DDP, and about $100 a child for souvenirs.

This will be a "budget" trip for just 2 of us. We have spent upwards of $5K for a week for 2 adults and 3 juniors at a deluxe resort.

• Ground transportation in Philly -to/from the airport - $110
  • Breakfast at the airport - $20
  • airfare - 2 RT tickets free w/ SWA Visa ($40 for Early Bird Check In, $20 for 9/11 fees, $69 for annual fee for credit card) - $130
  • DME - free
  • 4 nights at YC w/convention rate = $715
  • Tickets - We have leftover days on 10-day non-expiring hoppers but the value is about $56/day per ticket. We'll use 3 days. - $336
  • Food - estimating $150 per day for 5 days - $750
  • Tips - skycaps, DME, bellhops, Mousekeeping - $60
  • Souvenirs - maybe $100, we're not big souvenir people
Total cost - $2231

But, we already have $1400 in rewards dollars from our Disney Visa to pay for the food and the room. Plus, since the tickets were paid for about 5 years ago and I have a Merchandise gift card from our last trip, the actual OOP cash costs are much lower.

This is our usual for 3 people (1 adult, 2 Disney adults), 7 days -
airfare on Southwest - $500 - $600
offsite condo - has ranged between $200 - $700
food - $25/person/day (includes breakfasts and some dinners in the condo)
tickets (through Undercover Tourist or Y.E.S. if I can get them) - $400 - $750
souvenirs - $300
car rental - $200

So it ranges from approx 2k - 3k

This next trip will be more pricey, as I couldn't get a condo through II and we want to do Universal, so are splurging on accommodations. Also, this is a 10-day trip:

3 nights at POR - $536
2 nights at Royal Pacific Universal - $300
5 nights at the Dolphin - $900
3 day Universal Park Hoppers - $400
Probably extra for food as we won't have a kitchen - $200?

=$4,500:scared1:
First time I added this up...
I'm hoping I get a pin or some kind of discount before August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter