How much do you pay your housekeeper?

shopgirl72

<font color=9999FF>Pixie Dust to those either at W
I pay $70.00, approximately 3 hours of work! 3 bathrooms, living room, family room, and kitchen, every other week. She left a note asking for a raise.what to do?

I seriously need to ask my husband for a raise!

I think she should be thrilled with what you pay her!!!

We don't have a housekeeper, so my opinion is likely useless. That being said, $70 seems a little inexpensive.

Does she come weekly?

Housekeeping costs, like daycare costs, are going to vary from region. You'd be better off asking local friends what the going rate is.

Here's an average to go by:

•In a larger metropolitan area, for a medium-sized apartment or house, plan on paying at least $100 for cleaning twice a month.
•In less populated cities or towns, for an average-sized house (2500 square feet), around $75 is a typical fee.
•For a large national chain, monthly cleaning service in a three-bedroom, two-bathroom home, runs around $175 per cleaning.

I pay $120 for a 3 to 4 hour cleaning every other week. $70 sounds super cheap to me!

No housekeeper here, but from what I've heard that's little low for the going rate in our area. Good housekeepers are worth their weight in gold, so if she's a gem, I'd consider the raise if affordable. :goodvibes

I paid $60.00 every two weeks for the same services as OP, when we lived in Southern GA. But Northwest Florida and Maryland cost me more $80 to $100. I'm not working now so no more cleaning person.

I don't have one and that makes me re-think wishing I could get one. I think $70 is more than generous for three hours of work! I would think $40 would be pretty generous.

I think $70 is more than generous for three hours of work! I would think $40 would be pretty generous.
Don't forget that the housekeeper has to pay taxes and provide cleaning supplies. $40 for three hours of work isn't that generous.

I pay $75 every 2 weeks for 3 floors including 3 bedrooms, 1 full bath and 2 powder rooms. She also brings the cleaning supplies. She is there about 2 hours.

If you are happy with her service I would give her a raise.

Don't forget that the housekeeper has to pay taxes and provide cleaning supplies. $40 for three hours of work isn't that generous.

I wonder what the cost of the cleaning supplies would be. That's, not accounting for cleaning supplies, over $13 an hour. Ok, maybe not generous, but certainly sufficient, in my opinion, for a job that requires no degree of any kind. Around here jobs that do not require at least a bachelor's pay any where from minimum wage to about $12 and hour, with most being around $9, I'd say.

If she does a good job and you can trust her in your home I would give her a raise. Of course I don't know the extent of her cleaning. Does she do light or heavy cleaning. If light, than maybe just tip her. If heavy than seems like it would be well worth it.

I pay $70.00, approximately 3 hours of work! 3 bathrooms, living room, family room, and kitchen, every other week. She left a note asking for a raise.what to do?
Depends on how messy your place is, how good of a job she does, how long she's cleaned for you, when she got her last raise, and how important it is to you to NOT have to clean 3 bathrooms, living room, family room and kitchen every other week.

If you like her, she does a good job, and you don't have the time or desire to do the cleaning yourself, then a raise is probably in order. Check out what other folks in your area are paying and adjust accordingly. But $70 for 3 hours of work isn't that great if it's hard work and she's responsible for her own supplies, transportation and taxes. I certainly don't think you're currently OVERpaying her by any means.

If she's just doing a so-so job and it's not an absolute necessity for you to have someone else do that work (can you farm it out to the kids? do it yourself?), then this might be a good excuse to switch to something less cost-intensive.

:earsboy:

I pay $75.00, there are 3-4 girls and they are out of here between 60-90 minutes. I supply all the cleaning supplies and my vacuum. Which I actually prefer with the vacuum. I have 3 bedrooms, and an office, with 3 bathrooms, and wood floors....

But had to laugh when someone said they pay on taxes :rotfl2: that money is free and clear with my girl Sophie and crew...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter