• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much do you pack?

h&D3

Mouseketeer
We are traveling to the "world" for 15 days this coming August.
It will be me, my DH, DS (12), and DD (6).

I was just wondering how many outfits each of you pack for your time there. I am on vacation so I really don't want to do laundry. (I'll leave that until we get home... after all, I end up doing this the other 350 days out of the year)

For my husband and I, we usually pack 7-8 pairs of shorts, and about 10 t-shirts.....

For DS, we were planning on about 7-8 pairs of shorts and about 10 t-shirts. (maybe a few extra in case of spills, etc)

For DD, we were planning on 15 pairs of shorts and 14-16 t-shirts... once again due to spills, etc.

The one thing I do make sure we all have for each day is a new pair of clean socks, as well as a change of underwear for each day.

I've done the new outfit for every day thing before, and our suitcases weighed a ton. So the last few times we've went, we try to get two days out of an outfit. Does anyone else do this, or is it just us? :confused3

Or what do you pack like for your trip?

~D

You do laundry 350 times a year? That's a lot. ;)

If you decide to wear each outfit two times on your vacation, I guarantee you that no one at WDW will mind. :)

We like to pack and travel light. We normally travel for 12-14 day trips. We normally try and get 2-3 days out of our "shirts" and 3-4 days out of our "pants/shorts", and do laundry once in the "middle" of our trip. We do pack enough underwear for each day until the "laundry" day.

We also plan on buying some Disney clothes at the parks so that also cuts down on our trip there, but we do need to bring those clothes home.

We are traveling to the "world" for 15 days this coming August.
It will be me, my DH, DS (12), and DD (6).

I was just wondering how many outfits each of you pack for your time there. I am on vacation so I really don't want to do laundry. (I'll leave that until we get home... after all, I end up doing this the other 350 days out of the year)

For my husband and I, we usually pack 7-8 pairs of shorts, and about 10 t-shirts.....

For DS, we were planning on about 7-8 pairs of shorts and about 10 t-shirts. (maybe a few extra in case of spills, etc)

For DD, we were planning on 15 pairs of shorts and 14-16 t-shirts... once again due to spills, etc.

The one thing I do make sure we all have for each day is a new pair of clean socks, as well as a change of underwear for each day.

I've done the new outfit for every day thing before, and our suitcases weighed a ton. So the last few times we've went, we try to get two days out of an outfit. Does anyone else do this, or is it just us? :confused3

Or what do you pack like for your trip?

~D

Since you are going in August, my suggestion is pack one outfit for each day, or plan on doing laundry at least once. With 15 days, you will have plenty of down time by the pool to do laundry.

You will need at least one new outfit a day. When we go in the summer, we pack 2 outfits per day, due to how hot and humid Florida is in the summer.

Since you are going in August, my suggestion is pack one outfit for each day, or plan on doing laundry at least once. With 15 days, you will have plenty of down time by the pool to do laundry.

You will need at least one new outfit a day. When we go in the summer, we pack 2 outfits per day, due to how hot and humid Florida is in the summer.

This! If you don't want to do laundry I would pack extra t-shirts and underwear. You will probably need to wear more than one some days due to the heat and humidity...

:) We always travel in May/June or December. This trip we are going for 9 days, so we will pack 9 pairs of shorts and 11 or 12 shirts. Our suitcases are always too heavy and we probably pack too much, but since we drive I do it anyway. We like to avoid doing laundry at all costs!!!!:goodvibes

We go for 15 days as well. We all pack enough outfits for each day and some nice outfits for our TS meals. At the end of the day I feel too sweaty and dirty to wear the same outfit again. We also pack extra clothes too just in case. I do not wash any clothes while we are on vacation either. Thank goodness for Southwest. We each take a carry-on and 2 suitcases each.

I just pack for each day I am there. So if I am there for 7 days, 7 shorts, 7 shirts, plenty of socks and underwear, following with 2 or 3 extras of each if I were to get wet. I would also take like sweat pants for just being in the hotel or whatever. Take a swimsuit also

I cut down considerably several years ago on shirts. I used to take 2 per for 8 days.

Now I wear the shirt fresh in the evening for dining, and then wear it again to parks when I do not care if it gets wet or stained. I also usually buy at least one while I am down there.

We are going in August as well, and have done so before. We always pack 2 outfits a day for each of us. It is hot & humid and you can wring us out by mid day!

If I was going for 15 days, I would be trying to get 2 days out of every outfit. Especially since nobody is really going to notice except the people I'm traveling with.

I usually have one or two pairs of shorts that I'll pair with a bunch of different shirts for the whole trip. Then I throw in a couple of dresses and I'm set to go for the trip!

I always make sure to have 1 pair of socks per day, even though I end up living in sandals, and of course, 1 pair of underwear per day plus a few extras!

The last trip I did we had "Disneybound" outfits planned, an outfit themed to a character's costume, it's a way adults can "dress up" haha, so I had a little bit more luggage that time, but usually I stick to stretching two pairs of shorts for the week with different shirts!

If I was going for 15 days, I would be trying to get 2 days out of every outfit. Especially since nobody is really going to notice except the people I'm traveling with.

If you wear an outfit for 2 days in August in Florida, other people will notice.

We always pack an outfit a day, plus a few extra shirts for each of us. I usually do laundry in the middle of the trip sometime when we're either back at the room for downtime or at the pool (we go for 9 days most times), but if I can't or don't want to, we're covered. As sweaty as we get, especially in August, I wouldn't want to wear things a second time.....but that's just me. Plus, I wouldn't like having the same shirt on in pictures from different days. Maybe I'm just neurotic.

One thing I do to help with packing space as well as saving time in the mornings is to pack my DSs (7 and 5) outfits in ziploc bags. Each bag gets a full outfit....shirt, shorts, underwear, and socks if necessary. An initial on the outside, and it's ready to go. With the air mashed out of the bags, they pack so nicely! You just have to be sure you're folding them neatly before you do that or you'll have a wrinkly mess. Then each morning, the boys pull out a ziploc bag from their drawer and they're ready to go. I almost wish I did this at home!!

Have a magical trip!!

I learned my lesson the hard way by realizing all the crap we bought wasnt fitting in our suitcaes!! 2 hrs before checkout. Anyways. This trip I dont care waht we pack, but the rule is the clothes we will wear must fit in each carryon suitcases. Leavinf one checked empty. ( we also do outlet shopping). This means 4 days worth of clothes. Doesnt matter how long we stay. On day 3 i will toss a load in while we are enjoying the pool! We had sweated so much last time, I ended upmdoing laundry anyways!

We take enough for a outfit a day. I do laundry. It's in the afternoon when we go back to the resort. I put a load in then either sit by the pool or go back to the room. Then go back to put in the dryer. Same either sit by the pool or back to the room. I don't want to go home to 10 days of dirty clothes. It's not that bad we always go back to the resort in the afternoon.

Due to DH and DS* (and to some extent, DD and myself) LOVING to collect t-shirts, I have mandated that we take half as many shirts as days we go.

That way, DH is not complaining about the lack of space when we repack.;)

Everyone can use the same pants for two days, but socks and underwear need to exceed the days by one; so ten days =

Five shirts each (I can always borrow one of DH's if necessary)
Five pairs of pants
Eleven pairs of underwear
Eleven pairs of socks
Five pairs of pj's

*They each have at least 15 shirts from our favorite restaurant, but DH is probably closer to 25.

This!!! If you were going when it's not HOT, I'd say you're probably fine, but going in August, I'd want clothes for the morning and clothes for the afternoon....and I wouldn't be able to re-wear them after running around the parks all day....and I'm not a major sweaty person either.

I'd just do laundry while you're there! I cringed at that thought the first trip we did for 13 days, but we didn't own enough clothes to make it that many days, lol. So we picked one day that was literally our halfway mark and spent a couple hours doing laundry. You can usually grab a few washers at once so that it doesn't take very long at all! This worked out so well for us, we even did laundry our last night so that we had all clean clothes coming back from vacation and that was NICE returning home without all that laundry! Now we always do that! :)

How much I pack depends on what time of year I am going.

In the summer, I plan on two sets of clothes a day. I wear a set in the am, and after lunch and pool break, I take a shower and put on a fresh set of clothes. But I don't mind laundry and I often stay at the villas with easy access to a washer/dryer.
I winter it is one outfit a day.

I always have two broken in pairs of shoes incase of torrential rain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter