How much do you pack?

Mrs. D

Do YOU have your own Minnie?
We're a family of 4, myself, DH, DS8, & DS7 when we leave for 5 nights @ Disney & 2 @ Uni., We're driving, which IMO leads to lots of unnecessary ahem "stuff" being brought along. Ideally I'd like 2 suitcases and one toiletry kinda bag...

Never seems to happen :confused3:rotfl:

Packing tips appreciated :goodvibes

I'm not a seasoned Disney traveler so my comments may be "off", but I think it always depends on several factors, including your method of travel, can you do laundry in your hotel, and the fact that you have younger kids. Won't you also possibly need a cooler and a bag of snacks? Won't the kids need some "entertainment" in the car? :)

I'm not a seasoned Disney traveler so my comments may be "off", but I think it always depends on several factors, including your method of travel, can you do laundry in your hotel, and the fact that you have younger kids. Won't you also possibly need a cooler and a bag of snacks? Won't the kids need some "entertainment" in the car? :)

We do a lot of road tripping...so they're already relegated to their PSP and DS respectively, w/ 3 games a piece. 1 word search, coloring book, or crossword puzzle each and 1 chapter book each. All of that fits in one tote...kind of a staple in our cars...:goodvibes

We're going to be on the DxDP...so we'd figured, we'd bring A 24 pack of bottled water...

But I was thinking more clothing...I always over pack, which is odd b/c I also always do laundry while on vacay...crazy....:confused3

One bag per person and one bag with snacks, breakfast stuff and a 12 pack of diet coke when we drive.

Toiletries go into one bag - usually mine so that always ends up being an issue for me because there's not much space for clothes after 1/2 the suitcase is full of toiletries. This next time, I'm planning on splitting them between the 4 suitcases to help with that problem. The kids bring the Nintendo DS's plus DS14 brings his IPOD. DH brings his laptop.

So reading over this, we need to cut down on packing too. :rotfl:

Flying we are still trying to figure out. When DD10 and I flew, we checked one suitcase, carried on a small bag plus DD10 had a backpack. We didn't leave ourselves any space for souveniers though so it was hard to pack when we flew home.

One bag per person and one bag with snacks, breakfast stuff and a 12 pack of diet coke when we drive.

Toiletries go into one bag - usually mine so that always ends up being an issue for me because there's not much space for clothes after 1/2 the suitcase is full of toiletries. This next time, I'm planning on splitting them between the 4 suitcases to help with that problem. The kids bring the Nintendo DS's plus DS14 brings his IPOD. DH brings his laptop.

So reading over this, we need to cut down on packing too. :rotfl:

Flying we are still trying to figure out. When DD10 and I flew, we checked one suitcase, carried on a small bag plus DD10 had a backpack. We didn't leave ourselves any space for souveniers though so it was hard to pack when we flew home.

Oh neat, y'all are doing a split stay too...mind sharing your itinerary? I've been to Disney and to Universal separately...I should be able to do this no problemo, esp. w/ how many hours I read thru these boards! But I'm kinda confuzzled...:laughing:

You know I was thinking about using one of my clear containers that I usually use for shoes...and putting our toiletries in that? Then ideally :rolleyes: I can just sit it on the counter @ one hotel, scoop it up and move it to the next...:confused3

I'm a compulsive over-packer by nature, so I always give myself a very stern talking-to about packing! (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't!)

I always do laundry mid-trip, so I try to pack half of the amount of clothes I want to bring. It's very easy to do laundry at the official WDW resorts; many laundry facilties are located right next to a pool, so I take a brief break from the parks in the afternoon, throw in some laundry, hang out by the pool, and I'm done! Works like a charm.

There are 3 of us, I always have 6 suitcases to bring to wdw. I always say I going to back lighter, but when I get started it ends up with 6.

:):)

I have visited the world 2 times, both visits were 9 days. The first visit was packed to the brim with clothes! My second trip was much lighter and it also included a 4 day Disney Cruise...I would suggest checking the weather and packing 1 outfit for every two days of travel. Simply utilize the on site laundry facilities. This will eliminate extra bags and leave more room for bringing home Souvenirs!
Good Luck and Enjoy your Disney Vacation!

Rick C.

My dh and I go almost yearly and pack less and less. We usually stay 8-11 nights so I do laundry in the middle of the trip. I don't take any unnecessary shoes, jewelry, jackets exc.....I want to leave room in my bags for gifts for the grandkids. :)

When we went last November we packed 3 medium-large bags, one carryon and a backpack for 3 of us (me, DH and son -2 yrs old). We had to bring some lighter clothes and also warmer clothes for nights. We are leaving on saturday and only taking clothes for warmer temps so i am hoping to travel a little lighter this time....:lmao: I am always the one with the most bags but i am normally the one that has everything i need so i don't feel so bad. Plus, with magical express i really just have to get my bags to my home airport and then from my home airport to the car.

Our trip is usually for 10 days. We each bring a small carry-on and we check 2 bags on our way, with an empty duffle inside for return. I do laundry at usually twice and we also do back to school clothes shopping, so we only need to bring 4-5 days worth of clothes. We go back to Pop mid-afternoon for a break and usually swim/shower and change outfits for the remainder of the day, so we go through 2 sets of clothing per day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter