• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much do you know about your local professional soccer team?

I know everything about my local soccer team (N.E. Revolution) as my son works for the organization. Our new DP Giacomo Vrioni looks very promising and should provide a good target for Carles Gil. Dylan Borrero has also been very good and looks to be a very effective replacement for Tajon. Our new goalie, while young, has great potential. We have the pieces, we just have to put them together!

I’m sure we will head back to more games, as my kids already asked to go back. Will I watch games on tv? Eh….I still prefer football 🏈.

My daughter is still amazed by Carranza’s bicycle kick goal. I predict her attempting to do those on the trampoline today.

My son is the one who I think will be watching more games now, and my DH will probably join him.
I’m curious if your family has been keeping up with the Philadelphia Union lately? They are currently in first and are currently playing on FS1 (just an FYI, if you were curious). :-)

I’m curious if your family has been keeping up with the Philadelphia Union lately? They are currently in first and are currently playing on FS1 (just an FYI, if you were curious). :-)
Yeah it appears we’ve turned into a Union house, if they’re playing they’re usually on our tv. And my son is begging to go back to another game while my husband has been eyeing the tickets packages (5,7, or 9 games I think) for next season.

Yeah it appears we’ve turned into a Union house, if they’re playing they’re usually on our tv. And my son is begging to go back to another game while my husband has been eyeing the tickets packages (5,7, or 9 games I think) for next season.
A win tonight and they clinch the playoffs.

How much do you know about your local professional soccer team? This is not a question on whether you like the sport or not. This is about how aware are you about your local team in general.
Was recently invited to the box seats with dinner buffet and drinks at our local team’s game. So, I still don’t know much. After the game, they let the kids on the field to practice shots into a goal. DS7 liked that part best. I bought a hat. Cool logo.

Was recently invited to the box seats with dinner buffet and drinks at our local team’s game. So, I still don’t know much. After the game, they let the kids on the field to practice shots into a goal. DS7 liked that part best. I bought a hat. Cool logo.
You can find out more here if you’re interested (I assume you are talking about MLS):
https://www.mlssoccer.com/

How much do you know about your local professional soccer team? This is not a question on whether you like the sport or not. This is about how aware are you about your local team in general.
I like to follow the team and star players on Twitter. I'm hoping I will be able to watch USL1 games on Hulu again next year.

And they just clinched a playoff spot. Congratulations. :jumping1:

And still undefeated at home.

And I had a lesson from my DS in what the Supporters Shield is yesterday and how there’s a chance….

Safe to say the excitement is climbing around here.
Yeah, you guys will probably qualify for the 2023 Concacaf Champions League. If the Union qualify by winning the Supporters Shield or MLS Cup, CCL games are worth attending if you can attend. Every MLS fan supports every MLS team competing (even if they are a rival). It becomes a league vs league rivalry (specifically Liga MX teams). Next summer the special Leagues Cup (another high value tournament) will return. Those are also games are also worth looking into to attend. The international club competitions that MLS participates in adds something about to the home teams atmosphere. You will see an even higher level of excitement and fun at those games (even bigger than that 7-0 win match that you went to). The reason? The MLS teams aren’t just trying to win for themselves but for the MLS’s reputation and the perception of American soccer. The stakes are higher and the prize money is enormous. :-) 🏟️🤑

(Just click the YouTube links to watch the videos on YouTube’s website)

https://www.leaguescup.com/2021-09-21-2023-expansion/?en

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/historic-reimagined-leagues-cup-starting-in-2023

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leagues_Cup

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_CONCACAF_Champions_League

Last edited:

And I had a lesson from my DS in what the Supporters Shield is yesterday and how there’s a chance….

Please beat the NYRB tonight (coming from an NYCFC fan).

We have the Portland Timbers. They are about 1.5 plus hours away, so I have never seen them. One day perhaps. I think it would be a lot of fun! :bounce:

We have the Portland Timbers. They are about 1.5 plus hours away, so I have never seen them. One day perhaps. I think it would be a lot of fun! :bounce:
They have a game on FOX tomorrow at 5:30pm ET. You can see what the home atmosphere is like if you tune in. It should be a good match to learn about soccer too.

Thanks for beating NYRB tonight (from a NYCFC fan). 😁

I’m just curious if you saw the game yesterday? And if you did, what were your thoughts? No worries if you didn’t though. :-)

I know everything about my local soccer team (N.E. Revolution) as my son works for the organization. Our new DP Giacomo Vrioni looks very promising and should provide a good target for Carles Gil. Dylan Borrero has also been very good and looks to be a very effective replacement for Tajon. Our new goalie, while young, has great potential. We have the pieces, we just have to put them together!
Congratulations on the win last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter