How much do Disney Reservation Center Sales Agents Make

Yvette563

Mouseketeer
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum.. I'm just curious if anyone out there knows how much a Disney Reservation Center Sales Agent makes. If there are any castmembers out there who are or once were in this position can you please give me a little more information on it. I have read some horror stories and wonder if they are true. Thanks in advance…

Starts around $9/hr I believe (here in FL). Disney does not pay well in non-skilled positions.

Wow......kinda odd with the $15 an hour fast food thread here also
So one day mcdonalds burger flippers would make more than cast embers???:scared1:

So one day mcdonalds burger flippers would make more than cast embers???:scared1:

Some probably already do. A lot of hourly roles are comparable in wage to retail and fast food. My friend made more money at Chipotle than when she worked at Cosmic Ray's.

No. They would make the same. The fight with the McDonald's workers was to raise the minimum wage to $15. So Disney would have to pay all their CM's at least $15.

I think. :confused3

No. They would make the same. The fight with the McDonald's workers was to raise the minimum wage to $15. So Disney would have to pay all their CM's at least $15.

I think. :confused3

No. Certain industries are exempt from the regular pay structure. I know when my DD was a CM, they could have paid her less than minimum wage, though they didn't. At that time there was a bit of a wage war among SeaWorld, Universal and WDW. I know they are exempt from paying overtime. Here in central PA, Hershey Park pays less than minimum wage because they can.

No. Certain industries are exempt from the regular pay structure. I know when my DD was a CM, they could have paid her less than minimum wage, though they didn't. At that time there was a bit of a wage war among SeaWorld, Universal and WDW. I know they are exempt from paying overtime. Here in central PA, Hershey Park pays less than minimum wage because they can.

Why is Disney exempt from paying overtime?

disney junky said:

Huh? I always made min wage at Hersheypark. So did all my friends.

Why is Disney exempt from paying overtime?

I think in my DD's case, because she was a CP (along with 5600 others who are often the ones working in the parks), it was considered seasonal. I didn't mean WDW was exempt from paying overtime, but that may be how it sounded. I meant that certain positions were exempt. Perhaps it's no longer true there. I'll ask her. She worked in the parks at ToT and then later at DVC. There, she was a professional intern and earned $10 an hour, and later stayed on part time at the same rate. DVC pays better than the parks in a lot of areas. The ASA's and Guides work on commission.

The HR guy training the kids for this summer tells them in the orientation that they aren't getting minimum to start. It's 6 something an hour.

My friend works in HR for Hershey Entertainment and Resorts and she says that some positions are paid minimum wage, some aren't. The federal minimum wage right now is $7.25. Breakdown of positions and pay at HP.

Food & Beverage- $7.60
Guest Services- $7.15
Parking lot- $7.15
Retail clerks- $6.50-$7.15
Ride Operator- $7.35
Utility (clean up)- $7.15
Costumed Character- $7.15

princesspiglet said:
My friend works in HR for Hershey Entertainment and Resorts and she says that some positions are paid minimum wage, some aren't. The federal minimum wage right now is $7.25. Breakdown of positions and pay at HP.

Food & Beverage- $7.60
Guest Services- $7.15
Parking lot- $7.15
Retail clerks- $6.50-$7.15
Ride Operator- $7.35
Utility (clean up)- $7.15
Costumed Character- $7.15

Hmmm I wonder how long that lasts. I know I started at min wage and by the end of my first summer was making a dime more. Lol. And just talked to my bff her daughter was quoted 7.25 starting this year in security (parking lot attendant). She said it is what is printed on her paperwork. She got lucky I guess!

DD said the CP's don't have to get minimum wage but are paid overtime after 40 hours. That was a few years ago though.

If that seems low, you'll probably be shocked to hear how many positions at WDW pay under $8. :laughing:

Yes, many people who think how much fun and great it would be to work at WDW probably ARE shocked when they discover how low the pay is.

On the other hand, it seems there may be a handful of posters who'd gladly PAY Disney $10 an hour for the honor of working there! LOL

I'm pretty sure that here in NJ many seasonal positions, like those in amusement parks, are exempt from overtime pay. And certain seasonal positions for workers under 18 pay less than minimum wage.

Jim

That seems so low? They are always sooo helpful!

Why would it surprise you that the starting wage in an unskilled job be so low?

It's a customer service job , that is their JOB to be helpful.

Disney is not known for being a high payer in any position, wasn't 35 yrs ago and isn't today. (unless it has changed fairly recently)

Out of curiosity, where do they work out of? Are they located in Florida and California or are they in some random call center in the middle of nowhere?

Non disclosure agreements prohibit an agent from discussing info, but don't forget to do the survey! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter