How much did your room price increase since you booked?

Our Alaska category is not available but went up almost $300pp before selling out according to cruisefish. Same with our Southern itinerary - went up $714pp before selling out.

Last August my fiancee and I booked an Alaska honeymoon cruise on the Wonder (Cat 09A departing July 21) for about $3500 after an onboard booking discount. The price has gone up about $850 since then, so I'm REALLY glad we booked when we did.

It was a complete and utter impulse booking while we were onboard the Dream for a short 3-day Bahamian getaway. We both loved DCL's amenities and attention to detail so much we knew that going with someone else for our honeymoon would be a letdown. Good thing we just threw caution to the wind because if we tried booking that today we wouldn't be able to afford it.

Wonder - April2014 - 5-night - cat 5A - 2 adults - booked at opening

price increase = $1,046.28
% of increase = 56.65%

I booked a category 10c on December 30 for the 4 day Bahamian with 2 CC stops. In 30 days, the fare has gone up $376 for our family of 3.

In April of 2013, we booked a 7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy for 4/5/2014 - Cat 5E, 2A-1C. At that time, it cost $4817.36. The category is sold out now, but a Cat 5D now sells for $7665.22 for the 3 of us. :eek:

We booked our April 2014 Wonder trip last April while onboard and it has increased $1552! Crazyness!

We booked the EBTA on the first day with our OBB for $2168 for 2 adults and 1child ($738/adult $496/child) it is now $3594 ($1420/adult!!! and $552/child).

Close to double for the adult fares. The price we paid is a bargain at $60/day/person;)

We had an on board discount. Cat. 4b week before Easter. 7 night Fantasy cruise for 2 A. 3C. We paid 7,000. Juts looked and a 4a is now going for 12,551!

Our Cat 5C on the Magic sailing 4/7/14 has gone up just a little over $1,500. (Not OBB). Some significant increases on this thread!

If I'm reading this thread and others correctly it appears the Easter, Spring Break sailings have the most increase from opening day price. Some of these increase are easily 60%. Insane. I feel for the folks booking at this price tier.

And I thought our fall booking went up a lot. Not, compared this this Easter nonsense.

So if you plan to sail Easter, Spring Break, Thanksgiving, Xmas, NYE, Summer, Valentines Day book opening day if possible , or else pony up $$$$$$$. I feel I generally have the order of most increases correct I believe. ;)

Corrections always welcomed though of course.

:goodvibes

Yes the Easter craziness continues afterwards too.

We booked our cruise 26 April 2014 7 night Fantasy WC almost a year ago. I just looked now and our room (category 4a) has increased $1800. WOW!!

I never realised prices go up closer to the cruise, thought they would drop to fill those last few cabins.

Learn something new everyday here on DIS :-)

Cheers
Angela

If it's not a prime time cruise, they do offer discounts. With holiday cruises & summer months those aren't needed to fill the ships.

Our current category is sold out on our next cruise. Booking an available room now at rack rate is over double what we locked in on opening day.

We booked opening day eastern on Fantasy. 2A/2C in a 5C. Was 5578. To book it today - 11303! Just over 2x!!! This is why I don't vacation last minute... Same week same cruise for 2015 when it opened was around $8500.

Booked our 5/31 Fantasy cruise opening day @ $2,100 includes $200 OBC. Checked Cruise Fish sold out at $3,610. Based on recent changes I think Memorial Day weekend will be a black out date for 2015. :crazy2:

We booked our DReam cruise way after opening day because we originally booked a jan 2014 cruise on our our jan 13 cruise but then changed our minds a few months later and switched to spring break Mar 2014. We are paying about 2650 for 4 of us in a 9b. I thought that was alot because I have cruised on a 7 night for just about that price and done other four and five nights for much less on off peak times. But, I just checked now and everything is sold out except for 11b and c and it is 5800!!! For a four night inside stateroom! So that is more then double what I paid....CRAZY!:scratchin

We booked the 8/2 Fantasy cruise in November. It looks like our category is sold out for 5 people, but on Monday the fare for the 5 of us was $525 more than it was 9 weeks ago.

Wow - looked to day. We are in a 4A now. There are none of those left. for our 8/2. The 4C is now about $1400 more than we paid for our 4A.

So far about 800.00 but since it is thanksgiving I suspect it will be going much higher. All Inside Rooms are gone.

Our med cruise (venice to barcelona) Cat 4b is no longer available. Cat 5b with 1 child less is 20% more. (If you could add a 3rd child into a Cat 5b, it would be 30% more than the 4b.)

Our March 29 2014 Fantasy has almost doubled. We booked on our 2012 Christmas Wonder sailing. Double!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter