How much did you tip at Palos for brunch and dinner??

Just wondering if I tipped enough.
:confused:

The answer to you question did you tip enough, is yes as its a personal decision, I tend to tip double the Palo fee, now it as $10 pp on my last cruise, I the Med they looked after me well so I tipped $30 at one and $25 at another.

When the service is great I usually tip $10 per person over the Palo charge. On one occasion the service was not good at all. On that occasion I did not tip anything over the Palo charge.

Ok I feel better I tipped $15 for brunch and $20 for dinner.

This was for two. I went by what I thought the bill would be if we were dining at "real restaurant" I fiqured brunch might be 75 and dinner 100 so I tipped 20%.

I just thought maybe it was not enough

Ok I feel better I tipped $15 for brunch and $20 for dinner.

This was for two. I went by what I thought the bill would be if we were dining at "real restaurant" I fiqured brunch might be 75 and dinner 100 so I tipped 20%.

I just thought maybe it was not enough
Your Palo servers get $4 of the $15 per person Palo service charge. That's more than the recommended $3.68 that your main server gets for providing services for ALL meals during the day, plus it's automatic....you can't choose not to leave that $4, so a Palo server never gets 'stiffed' on a tip in that respect. So, tipping an extra $10 per person for a single Palo dinner is sort of equivalent to tipping your main server $12.88 per day instead of the suggested $3.68. So, in other words....you left a VERY nice tip for them.

DH and I went for brunch. Aside from the $15/pp charge, we tipped $10/pp over for a total of $50! :thumbsup2

I know this might be an unpopular opinion here, but isn't the $15/person charge itself the "tip"? I was recently on the Celebrity Infinity and their documentation made it quite clear that the upcharge for their specialty restaurant was a tip. Disney's own tipping guidelines seem to imply this too, although not as explicitly.

I have nothing against tipping for great service. I do it all the time. However, in this instance, I will probably look at it differently than many here. If I don't leave anything more than the $30 fee for the two of us, then I personally don't see this as "not tipping". If we receive exceptional service and want to throw in an extra $20, then in my eyes I will be leaving a $50 total tip.

I know this might be an unpopular opinion here, but isn't the $15/person charge itself the "tip"? I was recently on the Celebrity Infinity and their documentation made it quite clear that the upcharge for their specialty restaurant was a tip. Disney's own tipping guidelines seem to imply this too, although not as explicitly.

I have nothing against tipping for great service. I do it all the time. However, in this instance, I will probably look at it differently than many here. If I don't leave anything more than the $30 fee for the two of us, then I personally don't see this as "not tipping". If we receive exceptional service and want to throw in an extra $20, then in my eyes I will be leaving a $50 total tip.

No, only a portion of the fee is a tip to the server. But you are correct that everyone tips something whether they leave extra or not. We have always received exceptional service at Palo and leave an extra $20 or $30 for two people. If we had below average service, you can bet we would not leave extra.

.....how many people does each server have during a typical brunch or dinner?

Your Palo servers get $4 of the $15 per person Palo service charge. That's more than the recommended $3.68 that your main server gets for providing services for ALL meals during the day, plus it's automatic....you can't choose not to leave that $4, so a Palo server never gets 'stiffed' on a tip in that respect. So, tipping an extra $10 per person for a single Palo dinner is sort of equivalent to tipping your main server $12.88 per day instead of the suggested $3.68. So, in other words....you left a VERY nice tip for them.

I just read somewhere that they get $5 out of the $15 for dinner, but of course, when I went looking for it to paste it in here, I can't find it. You did fine, and I'm sure they REALLY appreciated it.

I just read somewhere that they get $5 out of the $15 for dinner, but of course, when I went looking for it to paste it in here, I can't find it. You did fine, and I'm sure they REALLY appreciated it.

I read that too but I don't remember where. I thought it was on the Disney Cruise site.

This is quite and old thread, updating my post earlier I still tend to Tip the same amount as the 'fee' again, so brunch an extra tip of $15pp ( for us $30, and for dinner it would have been another $15pp but I did a bit more than that for excellent service from one of the best Palo servers.

I didnt like my recent 'Afternoon tea' but still tiped my usual of $5 pp ( double the fee) as it wasnt the servers fault.

Tipping is personal and anything you feel is correct, is 'correct'.

High tea, i know you never asked but I always tip beyond and above, but high tea was naff, the service was annoying with a capital A, I asked for coffee:scared1: ,big deal. I tipped NIL. The lady that I invited totally agreed with that. I am not proud/pleased re that but I have principles and the service was not just rubish but positivly annoying!Sorry, but this is not me both server and room assisitant got extra(we love you Leslie)

Why is it our responsibility to tip the server above the $15.00 pp they charge for dinner?

Why can't DCL give the entire Palo charge to the server?

So if DCL decides to charge to use the pool, we will have a choice to pay or stay dry. It's what Disney does.

That's a completely different situation.

Palo has additional food and crewmember costs involved from the rest of the dining facilities. Higher training costs, higher food costs, higher salary costs. That's what part of the fee goes to, since it's each guest's choice to eat there. There are plenty of other dining options if one doesn't choose to pay the additional fee of Palo, and that's completely fine. If Palo had the same dining costs as the rest of the dining rooms, there would be no additional fee. If all of the dining rooms had similar quality to Palo, then the cruise as a whole would cost more.

Honestly, if you don't like the fee, don't eat at Palo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter