How Much Did I Pay For This Self Inflicted Fun? A Wigdout trip report.

Ah, have fun with Harper tonight!!! Give her lots of hugs from all her DIS fans! :goodvibes

Tell Harper hello from the MeMom clan. I was talking to Jill on the phone a while ago, and Brooklynn was in the background saying something in Japanese. Since she has two little friends (brother/sister, I think) at school who talk to each other in Japanese, Brooklynn thinks she also speaks Japanese. I'm not sure what the blabberish sounds mean, but I'm sure it's something very important to a three year old. :rotfl:

Have a fun evening with your little girl! Wish mine were here, but I'll be seeing them next weekend. We'd love pictures of your evening, if you're taking any.

YAY hope you are having a great time with Harper!!!!

OOH...no state testing...that would be fun LOL!!! Although please let Baylor know I'll be rooting for him!! I know he'll score off the charts!!

It's a sad day when you send them off to college too.....

Shhhhh, don't say that!

He plays baseball too.:laughing:

Mine do too - first tournament is next weekend already. I hate these early tournaments when it's still so cold. Hopefully it won't be snowing...... :rolleyes:

I'm in quite a quandary about Baylor, basketball and state testing.....
His practices are quite late.
If he doesn't go to practice he won't play on the weekend.
He needs to be well rested for state testing.
It was almost 10:00 when he got home from practice last night.

It's such a tough thing trying to find a balance between sports and school. Sometimes I think these coaches forget that their players have homework and school as well.....

Ah, have fun with Harper tonight!!! Give her lots of hugs from all her DIS fans! :goodvibes
I sure will, but I'll tell you, this little girl is keeping me hopping!
OOOO.... that Keeley! :headache:
Harper is such a cutie. :cutie:
Oh no! to the drama. :sad2:
Thanks and yes the drama!
Tell Harper hello from the MeMom clan. I was talking to Jill on the phone a while ago, and Brooklynn was in the background saying something in Japanese. Since she has two little friends (brother/sister, I think) at school who talk to each other in Japanese, Brooklynn thinks she also speaks Japanese. I'm not sure what the blabberish sounds mean, but I'm sure it's something very important to a three year old. :rotfl:
Harper says hi right back, she says that really good!:laughing:
I'd love to hear Brooklynn's Japanese, I'm sure she's quite fluent.
:cutie:

Have a fun evening with your little girl! Wish mine were here, but I'll be seeing them next weekend. We'd love pictures of your evening, if you're taking any.

I think it's wonderful that you get to see them so often! It just shows what a close family you have! MeMom, you raised them right!
Pictures coming right up!

YAY hope you are having a great time with Harper!!!!

OOH...no state testing...that would be fun LOL!!! Although please let Baylor know I'll be rooting for him!! I know he'll score off the charts!!
Harper is having a great time playing with her babies and her uncle!
Last year the day before they started testing Baylor couldn't even eat, he was a bundle of nerves.
I hope this year is better. We only ask that he do his best. We would love for it to be off the charts but no pressure from us.....
:rolleyes1

Shhhhh, don't say that! [/quote

Well, l'll tell you it was much harder to leave Megan than it was Keeley. Poor Megan had a strange roommate and was in tears herself....
Keeley was rooming with another girl on the cheer squad and was already on party mode.

Mine do too - first tournament is next weekend already. I hate these early tournaments when it's still so cold. Hopefully it won't be snowing...... :rolleyes:
I hope you have some decent weather too. You may find yourselves under sleeping bags trying to stay warm!

It's such a tough thing trying to find a balance between sports and school. Sometimes I think these coaches forget that their players have homework and school as well.....
These late nights for 5th graders are a bit much in my book, I'm not sure what I'm going to tell the coach....:confused:
Baylor has mixed emotions about the whole thing....

As soon as Harper arrived she got down to the business of caring for the babies that live at Mimi, Poppy, and Uncle Baylor's house.

061-7.jpg

060-5.jpg

062-7.jpg

We had Wendy's for dinner.
Played some more, I need to get a couple of more pictures uploaded.
I just put her to bed.....
She went right to sleep!
:goodvibes

I second that OMG on the purple uggs! They are the cutest. Of course, the little boot wearer is adorable herself.:goodvibes

Glad you guys had a good night with Harper! I'm sorry that Keeley pulled a power play with her the other day.:sad2:

As for Baylor/basketball-WOW-that practice is late. I don't think I'd be able to stay awake some nights to pick up the kid! I know it would be a sacrifice and I hate all the emphasis put on state testing but the emphasis is there so I'd vote for missing practice the week of testing.

We don't test until May. It's so frustrating because by then the kids are just done and could really care less. I know the teachers in the state testing grade levels appreciate the extra time but it almost seems fruitless since the kids are checked out.:confused:

Wow! I've missed a lot... finally caught up. :) Great updates! You got some really wonderful photopass shots. I love the ones from the Osborne Lights! The family shot from MK and the one of you and Marc turned out so well! I wish we had gotten more family shots at night while we were there.

Sorry to hear about Keeley's power play the other day. :( Looks like you all had a blast with Harper tonight! :) She is just the cutest thing. Loved her mean face picture too!

Congrats on your new VB! I loved that bag from Happydog's report. I just bought a new Villager they had on clearance on the VB site with an extra 20%off. Cafe Latte? I think. I love it! You all got me hooked!

Looking forward to your next update! How is your planning for your Spring Break trip going? Can you believe it is so close? My middle baby turns 6 the beginning of March... I can't believe this is the last weekend in Feb. Wow, this year has flown by!

Look at Harper's cutie Uggs!! Those are almost as adorable as she is! Nice to hear she got to spend some time with her Mimi!

Originally Posted by jillyb

Hannah is starting cheerleading. Her first practice is Saturday and will be on Tuesday and Thursday after that. Who knew there was football in the Spring?!

Did you just live through try-outs? Keeley cheered in middle school and high school. I don't miss try-out week at all, talk about drama!

No....no try-outs. This is through a local athletic association so all I had to do was pay the registration fee and "poof" she's a cheerleader! :laughing:

Quote:
Question for you teachers: Hannah had a sheet of paper in her bookbag the other day. It was a Recommended Reading Report and it showed her Student Lexile as 175. (The school has a Book Fair coming up and it looks like there was some kind of reading test done to determine what books would be best for her so it's not an "official" reading test.) The teacher wrote a note that she started at 357. That's a big drop! I've sent her teacher an e-mail about it but haven't heard anything back. I'm really concerned about this big drop and wondering if this is normal. She does pretty good when she's reading at home so not sure what's going on. If it's not normal I want to find out what the problem is so we can correct it now.

I would have already had that test retaken....
Honestly, before I sent a note home with a drop like that I would have checked that out.

Thank you! I don't know if this was Hannah's first test or if it was a retake. And, I'm a bit peeved because the teacher hasn't responded to me e-mail. I may have to go have lunch with Hannah one day next week so I can talk to the teacher. I'm surprised she hasn't responded because she's usually prompt with that sort of thing. Hmmm...maybe I'll re-send the e-mail first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb
Yes. The stated purpose was the report was providing an individualized list of books for a student based on his/her reading interests and SRI test results. (Not surprisingly her reading interest is Animals & Pets and Holidays!) I, too, thought that there was a possiblity she just didn't feel like reading what she was given or was distracted, etc. I'll let her teacher know that I'd like for her to re-take the test. You definitely helped! Thanks!

I wouldn't be surprised if you see that she has a better test the next time!

I hope so! I know she loves to read and is a fairly good reader so that 175 was a shock!
j;lj

I too just have to say - OMG! to those purple Uggs, too cute!

Sounds like you had a fun night with your baby!

No at this point with Keeley it's a power thing.
When she has Harper she has the power....[/COLOR][/COLOR]
:sad2:

He plays baseball too.
oh dear! For some reason I find baseball so much colder. I expect it to be cold for soccer, which here is fall or year round for select. Baseball is a tease. Spring is starting but yet it is still freezing out!

We do get to watch Harper tonight! Yay!

I can't believe that trip is 2 weeks from tomorrow.....

I'm in quite a quandary about Baylor, basketball and state testing.....
His practices are quite late.
If he doesn't go to practice he won't play on the weekend.
He needs to be well rested for state testing.
It was almost 10:00 when he got home from practice last night.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

:

Oh Harper, her babies and those UGG's! SOOOO adorable!

State testing started in earnest in 4th for us last year and I was in the same boat. Evan missed a couple of baseball practices last year to get a decent nights rest. 10 is way too late! We are switching tests this year and I don't know what the schedule is like but imagine he will miss something at either baseball or tae kwon do to ensure enough sleep.

That is really frustrating when they do things like penalize the kids with games during this time, can he leave practice early without penalty? I get how important practice is but... :(

I know I posted way back when...but I'm back now. Great updates & beautiful Photopass pics!! Baylor is such a cutie:cutie:

OMG! Those are the cutest purple uggs!!!!

Thanks, that girls loves her shoes.
:cutie:
I second that OMG on the purple uggs! They are the cutest. Of course, the little boot wearer is adorable herself.:goodvibes
Awwww, thanks, her mom and I have a thing for Uggs too!

Glad you guys had a good night with Harper! I'm sorry that Keeley pulled a power play with her the other day.:sad2:
She managed to stay quite busy all evening!
Keeley pulled another one last night, she picked up Harper for Megan.....
:headache:

As for Baylor/basketball-WOW-that practice is late. I don't think I'd be able to stay awake some nights to pick up the kid! I know it would be a sacrifice and I hate all the emphasis put on state testing but the emphasis is there so I'd vote for missing practice the week of testing.
This season can't end soon enough for us! We are all tired of it. I think Baylor isn't even enjoying it.
I'm going to have to tell the coach that he will be missing practice the weeks of testing. So that means he will be out 2 weeks in March.
They have reading before Spring Break and Math when we return.

We don't test until May. It's so frustrating because by then the kids are just done and could really care less. I know the teachers in the state testing grade levels appreciate the extra time but it almost seems fruitless since the kids are checked out.:confused:
May does seem too late, the kids are so through by then....

Wow! I've missed a lot... finally caught up. :) Great updates! You got some really wonderful photopass shots. I love the ones from the Osborne Lights! The family shot from MK and the one of you and Marc turned out so well! I wish we had gotten more family shots at night while we were there.
So glad to see you back!
I was very happy with some of our night time shots. You can always take more at night next time!

Sorry to hear about Keeley's power play the other day. :( Looks like you all had a blast with Harper tonight! :) She is just the cutest thing. Loved her mean face picture too!
We had a fun evening playing with her! She really loves her babies!

Congrats on your new VB! I loved that bag from Happydog's report. I just bought a new Villager they had on clearance on the VB site with an extra 20%off. Cafe Latte? I think. I love it! You all got me hooked!
Oh no! Not another VB addict! Well, welcome to the club!:goodvibes

Looking forward to your next update! How is your planning for your Spring Break trip going? Can you believe it is so close? My middle baby turns 6 the beginning of March... I can't believe this is the last weekend in Feb. Wow, this year has flown by!
I just glanced down at my ticker and it says 2 weeks!:eek: It's almost time to bring up the luggage! Have you been over to Shocker's PTR? It's almost birthday time for you little one!
Sounds like a fun evening with Harper! She's such a cutie! :lovestruc
We sure had fun! She had lots of new things to tell us!
So sweet loving on her baby! :lovestruc
Cute hairbow, and the boots are awesome!
You are right, she was getting ready to give that baby some kisses! I thought that bow was really cute when I picked it up at a craft show Thanksgiving weekend! When I took her boots off to get her ready for bed she just cried and cried last night. I felt really bad.:sad2:
Look at Harper's cutie Uggs!! Those are almost as adorable as she is! Nice to hear she got to spend some time with her Mimi!
I was so tickled when Megan called and asked us to watch her last night! She is such a little fashion plate in her Uggs.:laughing:
Harper is adorable! Love the Uggs.
Hope you and Harper had fun taking care of the babies last night :goodvibes
It was great! Harper and those babies were really well behaved! Well, until her Mimi took off her Uggs.....
Harper is such a cutie!!! Is that a Disneyland map on your wall? My mom gave me one that looks very similar from the 1960s that I need to get framed!
Yes, it is a vintage Disneyland map on the wall, I had it framed years ago! I just love that thing! With my love of all things Disney and it's muted colors it goes very well in our living room....:cutie:

I too just have to say - OMG! to those purple Uggs, too cute!
We just couldn't pass those up when we saw them, with her coloring she wears lots of purple!

Sounds like you had a fun night with your baby!
We did, I don't think we get to see her near enough!

oh dear! For some reason I find baseball so much colder. I expect it to be cold for soccer, which here is fall or year round for select. Baseball is a tease. Spring is starting but yet it is still freezing out!
I do think spring sports are the coldest! We have sat out in the sleet at spring sports!

Oh Harper, her babies and those UGG's! SOOOO adorable!
Babies in Uggs, what a cute combination!

State testing started in earnest in 4th for us last year and I was in the same boat. Evan missed a couple of baseball practices last year to get a decent nights rest. 10 is way too late! We are switching tests this year and I don't know what the schedule is like but imagine he will miss something at either baseball or tae kwon do to ensure enough sleep.
I imagine his coach will just shrug his shoulders when I tell him. He is kind of a jerk like that.....

That is really frustrating when they do things like penalize the kids with games during this time, can he leave practice early without penalty? I get how important practice is but... :(

Actually I lost so much respect for this coach when I found out that he cusses at the boys at practice and that he told them that "they suck" at a tournament that Baylor missed because he was sick.
I just want it to be over.

Harper is already getting so big...so cute..

Wendy's for dinner....mmmmmmmm.....
Wendy's has this new Blue cheese and Bacon burger, it's yummy! It's fun to see Harper showing an interest in her babies, she is growing up!
I know I posted way back when...but I'm back now. Great updates & beautiful Photopass pics!! Baylor is such a cutie:cutie:
Welcome back! Thanks on the photo pass pics! Baylor is quite the character!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter