How Much Cushion Money?

peanutsmommy10

Earning My Ears
I do not use credit cards. I have a debit card and disney gift cards and other gift cards but mainly use cash. That said, I am taking myself and my kids to disney in 2 months and I have plenty of money but was wondering what sort of cushion those who don't use ccs allow? We are driving. I have everything planned and budgeted. Just wondering how much of a cushion I should allow as a holdover just in case. Thanks.

Thats a tough one, I don't use cc either but we always fly so I don't really worry about it. Driving is a whole different ball game, so many variables. I would definitely call the bank and let them know you will be traveling. My son was traveling from OK to the east coast 2 yrs ago and because his debit card was being used from state to state the bank canceled the card (for his protection) once they cancelled it there was nothing they could do to reinstate it. Thankfully he was with his wife so they could use her card but if he was alone he would have been stranded.

Do you have a credit card? If so I would bring it just in case. You never know what could happen. Car could break down. Kid could get sick.

Thats a tough one, I don't use cc either but we always fly so I don't really worry about it. Driving is a whole different ball game, so many variables. I would definitely call the bank and let them know you will be traveling. My son was traveling from OK to the east coast 2 yrs ago and because his debit card was being used from state to state the bank canceled the card (for his protection) once they cancelled it there was nothing they could do to reinstate it. Thankfully he was with his wife so they could use her card but if he was alone he would have been stranded.

Bank of America did that with my debit card once. I don't think I was traveling but I know one day my card stopped working. When traveling you should always let your credit/debit card issuer know where and when you are going. I worked in credit card fraud for a couple of years and saw many people end up with their cards stopped because we had no idea they were traveling or if their card had been stolen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter