How much Christmas can we squeeze into 3 days? Nov/Dec 2015 TR *NEW TR Link 5/18!*

They are great! We never get a chance to stop and actually watch them, it's always a drive-by listen.

Yep. He was not a fan of the "Rome is burning" section and kept holding his nose and asking "Mom, what's that smell?" It doesn't bother me but he was not a fan!

Agh, I LOVE this smell!!! You know they make Disney Scented candles now?? They should totally make this smell!

ETA: OH MY GOSH THEY DO MAKE 'ROME BURNING'!!!! :hyper:

24530907405_a36979e42c_z.jpg

Aw what a bummer. :sad2:

I'm excited for Soarin' too! Can you believe we haven't actually been on this Soarin'?? Only the one in California, but I think i'll be checking it out next time for sure when it's all completed!

I just love the Jammitors!! How fun! :)

Spaceship Earth is Jimmy's favorite, too. Last time we went to WDW we went on that so many times I started to hear Judy Dench in my dreams!!!

I cannot wait to see what they do with the Soarin' refurb. Definitely looking forward to December so we can see it for ourselves. AND those snack packs are the greatest thing ever for midday snacks. I started getting them for Jimmy but found I enjoyed them so much, that we have to get two now :)

Love your Santa Goofy and all the Christmas character shots!! I can't wait to see what they do with Soarin'...I'm sure it will always be a super popular ride!! I love Epcot and wouldn't want to do a trip without it...but I know it's hard on a short trip to not try to do everything!!

Awwww, I'll be sad to miss Soarin' on this trip. Glad you got to see it one more time, and I look forward to one day seeing the new version as well!

I know - it's so hard that it will be down for such a long time. I hope they have it back up before summer! And I'm very excited to see the new version in the fall!

They are great! We never get a chance to stop and actually watch them, it's always a drive-by listen.

It was such a fun show! We had time to watch the whole thing, which is good because we didn't see them at all last trip. In fact, we seem to miss lots of the pop up entertainment!

Agh, I LOVE this smell!!! You know they make Disney Scented candles now?? They should totally make this smell!

ETA: OH MY GOSH THEY DO MAKE 'ROME BURNING'!!!! :hyper:

I love it too! I need to check that out!! I think there is a Soarin' one that would smell amazing!!

Aw what a bummer. :sad2:

Right? No good picture luck this trip!

I'm excited for Soarin' too! Can you believe we haven't actually been on this Soarin'?? Only the one in California, but I think i'll be checking it out next time for sure when it's all completed!

What?? But I can really understand since it was the same version in California. I have heard the projection was better there. I'm excited to see the new version!

Glad you all had a good time on Spaceship Earth and Soarin! And what a nice bonus to see the Jammitors!

The morning was full of Future World classics. And the Jammitors were a really nice treat. I feel like we never see any of the pop up entertainment acts so I was happy!

I just love the Jammitors!! How fun! :)

It was our first time seeing them and I was really happy! Such a fun surprise!

Spaceship Earth is Jimmy's favorite, too. Last time we went to WDW we went on that so many times I started to hear Judy Dench in my dreams!!!

I'm a big fan too - I love history! I was actually a social studies teacher before staying at home with the boys.

And while I do love the ride, I think it can be a case of too much of a good thing. Especially if you are hearing Judi Dench in your dreams!!
:rotfl:

I cannot wait to see what they do with the Soarin' refurb. Definitely looking forward to December so we can see it for ourselves. AND those snack packs are the greatest thing ever for midday snacks. I started getting them for Jimmy but found I enjoyed them so much, that we have to get two now :)

I'm excited to see the new version this fall!

And while I got the snack pack for Jake, I probably ate a good share of it! We'll be getting those in the future for sure!! :thumbsup2

Love your Santa Goofy and all the Christmas character shots!! I can't wait to see what they do with Soarin'...I'm sure it will always be a super popular ride!! I love Epcot and wouldn't want to do a trip without it...but I know it's hard on a short trip to not try to do everything!!

We had a great time at Minnie's Holiday Dinner. It was very festive!

I was glad we got in one more ride on Soarin' before it closed for such a long time. And I'm very excited to see the new version in the fall. I bet the footage and projections will be great!!

Love Spaceship Earth! The burning smell doesn't bother me, but kids seem to be hypersensitive to that kind of stuff. Too bad about the generic pics in the create your future video! Half the fun is the pictures.

I'm excited to see what they do with Soarin'! Hopefully it's good since it went down for such a lengthy refurb. DS was sad to miss out on it in February and we will be missing it again on our quick trip in May! Not good timing since he just recently decided it was a favorite.

Glad you got on Soarin' with the boys.

I'll have to show Izzy the JAMMitors video.

Trader Joe's used to sell a salt grinder that had that same "Rome burning" smell.

Love the Jammitors (though I had no idea that was what their name was). We saw them during food and wine and they were dressed like chefs. I though they were setting up for a cooking demo and boy were we surprised.

Too funny Nate didn't like the Rome smell. My weirdo kid has a strange smell fetish and loves the ride just because of the smell. Of course the Poly is also her favorite hotel because she likes the smel.

I rode with Nate this time and he enjoyed it...except for the smell of one particular portion of the attraction. Do you know what it was?

:crazy2:

Yep. He was not a fan of the "Rome is burning" section and kept holding his nose and asking "Mom, what's that smell?" It doesn't bother me but he was not a fan!
Bahaha! I was on it once with the ride got stuck for a few minutes RIGHT THERE by burning Rome. I think is singed my nose hairs. I was still smelling it for an hour afterwards.

HELLO, Patrick!

And it was the perfect way to say goodbye to this version. I'm excited to see the new Soarin' in October!
Me tooooo! I can't wait, I'm sure it's gonna be awesome!

Love Spaceship Earth! The burning smell doesn't bother me, but kids seem to be hypersensitive to that kind of stuff. Too bad about the generic pics in the create your future video! Half the fun is the pictures.

I'm excited to see what they do with Soarin'! Hopefully it's good since it went down for such a lengthy refurb. DS was sad to miss out on it in February and we will be missing it again on our quick trip in May! Not good timing since he just recently decided it was a favorite.

Spaceship Earth is one of those "classic" rides that I think we're going to have to do on every trip! The boys love the games after too!

I'm really excited to see the new version this fall too! I've already explained to the boys that it will be down but they are pretty happy to get to ride Test Track several times!

Glad you got on Soarin' with the boys.

I'll have to show Izzy the JAMMitors video.

Trader Joe's used to sell a salt grinder that had that same "Rome burning" smell.

I was happy we got one more ride in on the old version of Soarin'! I'm really excited to hear the new music too. I think it's probably my favorite attraction music!

The boys love the Jammitors video. We've watched that one too many times to count!

Hmm...strange place to find that smell! I just heard about a whole line of candles that I think @Leshaface mentioned that has all kids of Disney smells!

Love the Jammitors (though I had no idea that was what their name was). We saw them during food and wine and they were dressed like chefs. I though they were setting up for a cooking demo and boy were we surprised.

Too funny Nate didn't like the Rome smell. My weirdo kid has a strange smell fetish and loves the ride just because of the smell. Of course the Poly is also her favorite hotel because she likes the smel.

Oh I bet that was a fun show! Chef Jammitors! It's such a fun little moment with random entertainment walking around!

Nate is very sensitive to any new smell so it wasn't surprising to me that he picked up on it during the ride. I think the Poly smells amazing too so I'm with Casey on that one!

Bahaha! I was on it once with the ride got stuck for a few minutes RIGHT THERE by burning Rome. I think is singed my nose hairs. I was still smelling it for an hour afterwards.

Oh man, an unfortunate place for a ride to stop! We did get stuck in the "Goodbye" room on Small World one time so I feel you. But I actually like that smell!

HELLO, Patrick!

Hmmm...wonder if he'll make it over to the new version?

Me tooooo! I can't wait, I'm sure it's gonna be awesome!

Right? I'm excited for the movie but really looking forward to hearing the new music. The Soarin' music is my favorite of any attraction so I'm excited to hear what goes with the new version!

I can't not... Y'all know it's Alexandria burning right!?!

Oh whoops! Guess it is the library in Alexandria!

Hidden Mickey's Everywhere!

We had just finished up our last ride on the "old" Soarin' before it closed for refurb. But we weren't done in The Land yet!

We still had to ride Living with the Land, which my mom has decided ties with Small World for her favorite ride in all of Walt Disney World. :confused3

The wait was all of 5 minutes so we were on our boat and off on an agricultural adventure in no time!

A visit to the farm first, of course.

I always love looking at the interesting plants. We buy many of these things at the store but I have no idea how they are grown! This is Dragon Fruit.

And I'm always shocked that the boys are interested in this ride. We point out everything we see and they are totally involved for the entire ride! This is a Macadamia Tree.

And a Fluted Pumpkin. Who even knew that was a thing?

Happy Holidays from the sand "Snowman"!

We all loved this beautiful water feature!

Who knew a pineapple grew like this? Not me!

Saying hi to some of our creature friends.

And then we went on a Hidden Mickey run! Seriously, they were everywhere!

Pretty tree!

Harvest display with a Hidden Mickey
!

I took this picture because Colin absolutely loves tomatoes. They are his favorite food and he was so excited to see this many tomatoes in one place!

And one last Hidden Mickey in the test tubes!

We left The Land pavilion and retrieved our strollers. I wanted to get in a ride on Nemo before we headed over to the World Showcase. I remembered these rocks right in front of some statues of Marlin and Dory. We got a picture of the boys here last year and I loved it! There was no PhotoPass photographer but we got our own shot!

https://flic.kr/p/CqdcW3

Then over for a quick ride with our fishy friends!

The ride wait was listed as 15 minutes but most of that was walking time through the queue. Once we reached the front, we waited less than 5 minutes to board our clamshell.

https://flic.kr/p/D5RZbX

This is such a fun ride and the boys really enjoy pointing out the scenes and characters from the movie! We peeked around the aquariums for a few minutes and the boys played in the little shark area for a bit.

We had a 3:05 ADR at Biergarten and it was about 2:30 at this point. I knew we needed to start moving towards the World Showcase. But...I saw a PhotoPass photographer and just had to stop. I was really upset with myself after feeling like we did not really get use out of our Memory Maker during our first trip. I was determined to take more pictures this time!

So we stopped and got a few pictures with Spaceship Earth in the background!

https://flic.kr/p/FNHkRZ

We scurried over to the World Showcase after this, excited to see it all done up for Christmas!

Next up

It's Biergarten!

Last edited:
Love Living with the Land. Not sure what it is about it, but seems to be fun for all ages. Good job finding the hidden Mickeys in there too - I like that the one was wearing a winter hat.

That Nemo queue is so ridiculous. I don't get why they have so many switchbacks with no way to open them up for lower crowd levels.

Can't wait to see holiday World Showcase and hear about your meal.

I like Living with the Land, I'm glad the boys enjoy it!

Oh my gosh the pictures of the boys in front of the Nemo statues are adorable!! As are the family ones :)

We still had to ride Living with the Land, which my mom has decided ties with Small World for her favorite ride in all of Walt Disney World. :confused3

Heehee, I know many people are shaking their heads at this. While i don't get the land (I've not been as an adult, but I did not like it as a child), I love IASW!

I always love looking at the interesting plants. We buy many of these things at the store but I have no idea how they are grown! This is Dragon Fruit.

Cool! I am always surprised to see how things grow versus how I imagine they grow.

And then we went on a Hidden Mickey run! Seriously, they were everywhere!

I've heard that about The Land; Mickey's everywhere!

I took this picture because Colin absolutely loves tomatoes. They are his favorite food and he was so excited to see this many tomatoes in one place!

Like a kid in a candy, I mean tomato, store! My DD loves tomatoes too.

Such cuties!! This is a great shot.

The ride wait was listed as 15 minutes but most of that was walking time through the queue. Once we reached the front, we waited less than 5 minutes to board our clamshell.

Gotta love a walk on! i always love the cool blast of air when you first walk into this queue.

We had a 3:05 ADR at Biergarten and it was about 2:30 at this point. I knew we needed to start moving towards the World Showcase. But...I saw a PhotoPass photographer and just had to stop. I was really upset with myself after feeling like we did not really get use out of our Memory Maker during our first trip. I was determined to take more pictures this time!

We were that way in September; if we saw a CM with a camera, we stopped.

Cute family photo!

We scurried over to the World Showcase after this, excited to see it all done up for Christmas!

Can't wait to see!

Love Living with the Land. Not sure what it is about it, but seems to be fun for all ages. Good job finding the hidden Mickeys in there too - I like that the one was wearing a winter hat.

I really enjoy it too. It's such a nice peaceful ride! And those Hidden Mickey's make it really fun - we love to look for them!

That Nemo queue is so ridiculous. I don't get why they have so many switchbacks with no way to open them up for lower crowd levels.

Right? And I'm not sure I've ever seen the wait over 15 minutes. I do enjoy the theme of the queue so maybe they have it maintained so you experience all the levels of going underwater? :confused3

Can't wait to see holiday World Showcase and hear about your meal.

It was all great and we loved our meal - update coming soon!

I like Living with the Land, I'm glad the boys enjoy it!

It's a nice, relaxing ride so it's a good break for everyone! And I'm not big into gardening or anything but I always find it really interesting!

Oh my gosh the pictures of the boys in front of the Nemo statues are adorable!! As are the family ones :)

Thanks! I think those are some of my favorite pictures from the trip! :goodvibes

Heehee, I know many people are shaking their heads at this. While i don't get the land (I've not been as an adult, but I did not like it as a child), I love IASW!

I love Small World too! I think it's either a love or hate situation though - not much in between! But I'm in the love it camp! :lovestruc

Cool! I am always surprised to see how things grow versus how I imagine they grow.

I thought it was all very interesting! I always assumed pineapples grew on a tree but I guess not? Who knew? :confused3

I've heard that about The Land; Mickey's everywhere!

It was fun finding them all and I'm sure there are some we missed!

Like a kid in a candy, I mean tomato, store! My DD loves tomatoes too.

He is constantly eating them from our garden in the summer. At least they love something healthy, right? :thumbsup2

Such cuties!! This is a great shot.

Thanks! It's one of my favorites from the trip!

Gotta love a walk on! i always love the cool blast of air when you first walk into this queue.

It's a nice long queue and I love the theme! So much fun stuff to see as you walk through the empty line! :rotfl:

We were that way in September; if we saw a CM with a camera, we stopped.

I love looking back at our pictures from the trip. I'm going to stop more this coming trip too - anything with a short line!!

Cute family photo!

Thanks! I'm happy I made it a point to stop so more this trip! :goodvibes

Can't wait to see!

Coming soon!

Love the pics of your boys outside Nemo :) They are all looking in the general direction of the camera, too. Mommy, for the win!!! :)

I'm interested to see your review of Biergarten. I am so on the fence about whether or not DH, DS and picky-Mommy would enjoy the food, but I love the sound of the atmosphere!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter