How much Christmas can we squeeze into 3 days? Nov/Dec 2015 TR *NEW TR Link 5/18!*

I somehow missed an entire update!!! Caught up now though!

That's the story of my life - forever behind on TRs over here!

THis is adorable. I'm glad the CM was able to help with further wall construction. :rotfl2:

He was a happy camper once those movies were out of his sight!

Wasn't it yummy?! We loved it too.

Yes! It's on my repeat someday list!

What a little daredevil!

this is the cutest photo ever!

He loved that ride! Hands up and laughing the entire time!

Nice! I wouldn't have minded that either!

It was the perfect treat since it was so warm out!

He's too cute! :goodvibes

He was pretty proud of himself on that speeder bike!

OOF, that's brutal. And there is not much you can do to cool off, minus a swim. :beach:

I was really not expecting it to be that warm! We did our best to take breaks but it was hot!!

That little R2 is too much. Does it drive you crazy? My mom snuck one as a Christmas gift for DD this past year and she loves it. The yell at the beginning, I can't. :faint:

Yes! We had a little break in the beginning because Jake couldn't figure out how to turn it on by himself. But he figured it out, of course!

I'm glad you guys got to see it!

Cool! What good luck to pick such a great spot!

I was so happy we got to see them at least once. I really hope they bring them back someday!

I totally had chills and tears just reading this. :sad1:

It was such an amazing moment. I loved the whole atmosphere! Everyone was happy and singing and dancing!

Adorable!

Thanks! :goodvibes

Can't wait to see how you guys enjoyed dinner!!

We did love it!! And I hope I can get another update in soon so I can wrap up before our trip in May!

Great trip report! I will not miss the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area either. I lost track of my two year old in there. As soon as we went in I knew I wouldn't be able to keep track of her so I just planted myself near the exit. That way I knew she couldn't really go anywhere. At one point a bigger girl brought her over and said she was looking for us so she helped her find us. I couldn't wait to get out of there. The way it's set up you can't see where they are going when they go up the tunnels.

Love your pictures of the lights :thumbsup2. I'm so glad you were able to see them before they went away. I'm curious about your dinner.

How great that you just randomly chose the perfect spot to see the lights turn on!! We never in all our trips did get over there to see them when they first came on. I can imagine it's quite a sight to see all those millions of lights pop on all at once!

I don't know if it was just because it was the last year or not, but I thought they had them dancing a lot more frequently than in previous years. Which was great because I LOVE watching them dance!

Wonderful to see the Osborne Lights once more! We are very lucky in that we got to see them on a few different trips. Just amazing what they can do. How lucky that your timing worked out to see them during the last year.

Can't wait to hear about your dinner!

So amazing you got to see the lights before they are gone for good. And what luck to be right in the middle of the action ; ) Sad we'll never be able to experience it.

I'm so glad you got to see the lights before they're gone!! My Mom and I were so lucky we were able to sneak in a quick Mother-Daughter trip in November to see them one last time. I was so sad when I heard they were closing, and when we were there I may or may not have bawled like a baby. :sad:

I really do hope they bring them back in some form!!

Loving this trip report! Great pictures, adorable kids, and Christmas at Disney- what more could you want?! Loving the variety of Disney shirts too! :jumping1:

Our trip actually started the day before our flight. We live in Central Pennsylvania and there are no major airports close to our town. It's much cheaper for us to drive the 2.5 hours to Pittsburgh and fly from there. Since our flight was at 11:25 am (and we had to be at the airport at 9:25) we decided to spend the night at a hotel near the airport.

That's our problem too. We live about 2-2.5 hours from LAX so we either have to leave about 5 hours before our flight or just stay the night.

AFB56BBC-E902-40D3-92DA-E3DFD62E86A7_zpsgs30dg80.jpg

:rotfl2: how cute!

Jim ran to Chick Fil A and picked up dinner.

Ugh I love Chick Fil A! Wish there was one closer to us!

Don't you love getting that notification the day of?!

I called them out to the living room and Nate found the note right away. I told him to read it aloud and when he got to the end...nothing. Jim and I had to literally break it down for them but when they finally got it...pure magic! They were so excited! Here is the video link if you want to see the big moment!

Oh yay! The best reaction! I'm sure that is exactly what you were hoping for as well.

"I'm so excited that I punched my eye out by accident!"

:rotfl::lmao:

We headed straight over to the play area to let the boys run off some energy!

Seriously, why don't they have these in all airports! Especially the Orlando airport! :confused3

Jake fell asleep about 5 minutes after this picture was taken

Perfect.

Baby Monorail (as Colin calls it)

Ha I like that name!

This was a totally different experience for us from our previous trip. Last October, we walked straight through our line and onto a bus. Our line was quite long when we joined in but a huge rush of people came up behind us. So, small blessings!

Yep it's always different for us. Sometimes it's short and sometimes super long. We got a long one this time as well.

How fun for them!

Why can't they just all look at the camera? Just once??

:rotfl2:

So how many times did we repeat this phrase in our few hours in the place formerly known at Downtown Disney? Many, many times.

I'm still doing this! I just can't get DTD out of my head, especially on the boards. So now it's DS?? But it will now confuse it with my Disney Son (DS)?!:confused3 So much confusion!

On the way to the airport. She wanted to meet us at Disney Springs to hang out and have dinner. Which would have been ok, except we had an ADR at TRex Cafe that night. I tried to explain to Jim that it might be hard to adjust the number on our reservation but he insisted it wouldn't be a big deal. His family plans absolutely nothing so this last minute addition was no big deal to him, but for me...

Oh geez! :mad:

So we arrived at Disney Springs and met up with SIL and BIL. Oh, and they have BIL's cousin visiting them. Can we add her to the reservation too?

OH GEEZ!!!

Goodnight! Just as long to meet Anna and Elsa!

And I'm pretty sure I yelled "Santa! It's time for Santa!" Because I'm a child.

:rotfl2::rotfl:

As we waited for the family in front of us to finish, the CM explained the process. She said that when it was our turn, all the adults would step to the right while the kids visited with Santa. The PhotoPass photographer would take shots, candid and posed at this point. Then we could step into the center area and take our own photos. A very well run system, but I expected nothing less!

Love that they have the whole process nailed down, makes it much faster and efficient.

Aw so cute! :cutie:

Really? I mean, I'll take it. But in all honesty, I was hoping there would be a little hassle to show Jim and his family how changing plans a the last minute can make things difficult. I feel like the lack of repercussions justifies their lack of planning. Darn that Disney customer service!

:rotfl:That's EXACTLY how I think too! :laughing:

it was COLD (ice cave, remember)

So it really is cold?! I thought it was just the 'illusion' of being cold with the colors and the ice, had no idea it was literally cold in there. That sucks!

Because we need more stuffed animals in this house.

:lmao: Yep!

Jake is visibly trying to escape from my dad. He wanted to stand on the ground with his brothers but he was so short I had I hard time getting him and the toy soldiers on stilts in the frame. That's the life of a short guy, I guess!

We're trying to get DS used to the fact that he more than likely will be short, if he takes after his dads side of the family (DH is the tallest in his family at 5'7") :eek:

Full on pirate gear for each boy - bandana, eye patch, and sword. The boys were so excited! We thanked Fernando as the boys had a great time playing while we waited for another Pop bus to arrive. Amazing pixie dust moment!

Woah that is some major pixie dust! :hyper:

Will be back to finish the rest!

Great trip report! I will not miss the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area either. I lost track of my two year old in there. As soon as we went in I knew I wouldn't be able to keep track of her so I just planted myself near the exit. That way I knew she couldn't really go anywhere. At one point a bigger girl brought her over and said she was looking for us so she helped her find us. I couldn't wait to get out of there. The way it's set up you can't see where they are going when they go up the tunnels.

Thanks for following along! :goodvibes

I wish I would have thought of having someone wait at the exit to make sure he didn't get out! I won't be sorry that we never have to visit that place again even though I know the boys will miss it! :sad2:

Love your pictures of the lights :thumbsup2. I'm so glad you were able to see them before they went away. I'm curious about your dinner.

Thanks! They were really amazing to see and I'm so happy we got the chance. And dinner review is coming right up!

How great that you just randomly chose the perfect spot to see the lights turn on!! We never in all our trips did get over there to see them when they first came on. I can imagine it's quite a sight to see all those millions of lights pop on all at once!

I don't know if it was just because it was the last year or not, but I thought they had them dancing a lot more frequently than in previous years. Which was great because I LOVE watching them dance!

We were really lucky I decided to stand in just the right spot! And it was really amazing to see them all come on at once!

I did love watching them dance - the whole atmosphere with the lights and music and snow as just so perfect! :goodvibes

Wonderful to see the Osborne Lights once more! We are very lucky in that we got to see them on a few different trips. Just amazing what they can do. How lucky that your timing worked out to see them during the last year.

Can't wait to hear about your dinner!

I was so happy that the timing of this trip worked out well with so many attractions and meets closing down for refurb or forever. And the lights were amazing - I'm so happy we got a chance to see them!

So amazing you got to see the lights before they are gone for good. And what luck to be right in the middle of the action ; ) Sad we'll never be able to experience it.

We had a lucky spot for sure! And the lights were just perfect - music, lights, snow...it doesn't get much better! I really hope they bring them back in some form!

I'm so glad you got to see the lights before they're gone!! My Mom and I were so lucky we were able to sneak in a quick Mother-Daughter trip in November to see them one last time. I was so sad when I heard they were closing, and when we were there I may or may not have bawled like a baby. :sad:

I really do hope they bring them back in some form!!

It was so great that the timing of this trip worked out for us to get to see the lights at least one time. And I had tears in my eyes while we were there - more happy tears because of the whole experience. But I don't think Christmas at Disney will seem the same without them!

Loving this trip report! Great pictures, adorable kids, and Christmas at Disney- what more could you want?! Loving the variety of Disney shirts too! :jumping1:

Thank you for following along! :goodvibes Christmas at Disney was everything I hoped for and more!!

That's our problem too. We live about 2-2.5 hours from LAX so we either have to leave about 5 hours before our flight or just stay the night.

It's rough living just far enough away from a major airport that it's inconvenient. We're have a later flight in May so we'll just drive down that morning. I would love it if that tiny airport 10 minutes from our house had affordable flights!

:rotfl2: how cute!

The boy knows how to fall asleep in any situation!

Ugh I love Chick Fil A! Wish there was one closer to us!

We are slightly addicted to Chick Fil A here. Chicken nuggets and a play area? Sign me up!

Don't you love getting that notification the day of?!

Yes! I think it's right up there with driving under the big sign!

Oh yay! The best reaction! I'm sure that is exactly what you were hoping for as well.

It was so good! Except the part where I was worried Nate had scratched his cornea...but other than that really a perfect surprise reveal!

Seriously, why don't they have these in all airports! Especially the Orlando airport! :confused3

It's be best thing ever! And I would love one at MCO! We usually end up dragging some chairs around at an empty gate to make an enclosed play area of our own so a kid doesn't escape.

Yep it's always different for us. Sometimes it's short and sometimes super long. We got a long one this time as well.

The wait for the ME seems so random. But I think Pop always seems to have a long line since it's a large resort.

I'm still doing this! I just can't get DTD out of my head, especially on the boards. So now it's DS?? But it will now confuse it with my Disney Son (DS)?!:confused3 So much confusion!

I'm having such a hard time with the switch. I read a TR and I was convinced this lady was talking about Hollywood Studios and was just confused and calling it "Disney Studios" (DS) instead. I even call Hollywood Studios MGM sometimes so obviously I don't deal with change very well!

OH GEEZ!!!

Right? It's so nice to have other people share in my outrage at these last minute additions to our plans!

Goodnight! Just as long to meet Anna and Elsa!

It was crazy! Thank goodness there was a pager system or the boys would have had to do with just a peek at Santa!

Love that they have the whole process nailed down, makes it much faster and efficient.

The system was so nice and the CMs were quick but still friendly. Perfect Disney service!

Aw so cute! :cutie:

Thanks! They were pretty pleased with meeting the big guy!

:rotfl:That's EXACTLY how I think too! :laughing:

So it's not just me that wants people to see the consequences of their actions? :rotfl2:I feel very justified!

So it really is cold?! I thought it was just the 'illusion' of being cold with the colors and the ice, had no idea it was literally cold in there. That sucks!

The place was definitely cold! But someone else mentioned they read that TRex is made to want people to eat quickly and get out to turn over the tables. Cold, loud, and flashing lights make people eat quicker I guess!

We need no more toys EVER. Our house feels like it is bursting at the seams with toys. But my mom refuses to acknowledge that fact. Her response? "Well they wanted it! I'm not going to say no!" :faint:

We're trying to get DS used to the fact that he more than likely will be short, if he takes after his dads side of the family (DH is the tallest in his family at 5'7") :eek:

Poor short fellas!

Woah that is some major pixie dust! :hyper:

It was the perfect way to end our first night!

It's Minnie's Dinner but Daisy steals the show!

After our hello and goodbye to the Osborne Lights, it was time to head over to our dinner ADR!

We had a 7:05 ADR at Minnie’s Holiday Dine at Hollywood and Vine. I checked us in and there was quite a wait so we found spots to sit on the benches. We waited about 20 minutes before being called in.

And we met this guy! Santa Goofy! :santa:

We were also given these signature cards. I had read reports that the characters would not be signing at this meal so guests were being given these signature cards instead. I wasn’t planning on getting anything signed at the meal anyway so this wasn’t such a big deal to me. :confused3

Very shortly after we were seated, Mickey was at our table!

Hugs!

And a picture!

At least Mickey was looking at me. :rolleyes:

I went up and made plates for the boys. Good thing I hurried because Minnie was on her way to our table next!

Colin complimented her pretty dress.

Again, the only one looking at me was Minnie. :confused3

A sweet hug from the hostess with the most-ess!

There was a nice break here that gave everyone time to get up and make plates. I made notes of a few of our favorites of the meal – variety of rolls and especially the cranberry butter, mashed potatoes, lobster mac & cheese, and brussel sprouts. :thumbsup2

Jake enjoyed the mini corndogs from the kids buffet. With no breading of course. If you remember in previous TRs, we have to take the breading off the corndogs because the boys don’t like it. So we send plates full of cornbread shells back to the kitchen. :rolleyes:

Donald was up next! He was pretty funny and gave pretty good hugs, apparently.

Partial success, at least! Two boys and one duck all looking at me!

Right after Donald came the star of the show. Now I know this was Minnie’s Holiday Dine, but Daisy really shined this night! She was so sassy and sweet and we just loved her!! :love:

I think Colin was in the bathroom at this point so he missed the first time Daisy came to the table. But she would be back!

Jake was especially fond of Daisy. He liked holding her hands and looking at her bracelets. She took so much time just hanging out with him. :goodvibes

He gave her a kiss on the beak/mouth. :love2:

And big hugs.

We were all done with dinner at this point and ready for dessert! The cakes were very pretty.

And lots of Christmas-y (that’s a word, right?) desserts to choose from. Here is my dessert plate. There was a gingerbread cupcake with a gingerbread man on top, a pecan tart with a Mickey chocolate on top, chocolate covered strawberries rolled in peppermint sprinkles, red velvet cake with Santa Mickey hat, and a chocolate covered marshmallow with a candy cane on top.

My notes say my favorites were the pecan tart and red velvet cake. They also had a soft serve station that the boys enjoyed.

Some of the characters started making a second round at this point. Donald came back by to visit.

So do you notice the addition to Colin’s wardrobe? Does that white shirt seem a little large on him? Well that would be my shirt. He was cold and I had left his jacket in the stroller. But he was perfectly content to wear my Minnie shirt! Of course it was white and I gave him both chocolate ice cream and red velvet cake. Luckily, all of the stains came out and it looks just fine! :thumbsup2

Daisy was making her way around again. She stopped at the table behind us where this high school/college age guy was sitting alone. I think his parents were at the buffet? Well Daisy just sat right down and started pretending they were on a date! Too cute and we were all laughing! :rotfl:

She came back to visit us one more time. This time Colin got to see her. And she was adorable tickling him, of course!

Notice Jake holding her hand? :love:

One more hug for Daisy!

Our first park day was officially at an end. Hollywood Studios had EMH this evening and I had planned on staying but I was just way too tired. I opted to head back to Pop with everyone else so we could get lots of rest for the next day. :faint:

I snapped a few more pictures on the way out.

https://flic.kr/p/CV1coW

https://flic.kr/p/CV1coW

We made the long trek to the Pop bus stop. I have in my notes that we made it on the first bus but hand to stand.

When we got back to the room, I had a cute Mickey picture waiting for me! Happy Birthday to me! :earsboy:

We did the bath/shower/bed thing and were all asleep before 9. We would be up bright and early to head to Epcot!

Next up

Let’s ride it AGAIN!

I went up and made plates for the boys.
Until I read this, I honestly had not thought about how you have to do multiple plates with multiple children - I find it hard enough to make a plate for Izzy and me and try not to miss the characters.

Colin complimented her pretty dress.
Aw, you've taught him well.

Jake enjoyed the mini corndogs from the kids buffet. With no breading of course. If you remember in previous TRs, we have to take the breading off the corndogs because the boys don’t like it. So we send plates full of cornbread shells back to the kitchen. :rolleyes:
:rotfl2: That's hilarious! And, also, they should share a plate with Izzy, as she's been known to just eat the breading off and leave the hot dog. :rotfl:

For a second, I was like, "What is that strange green hat Donald is wearing?" Then I realized it's a guy's shirt in the background. :rotfl:

Jake was especially fond of Daisy. He liked holding her hands and looking at her bracelets. She took so much time just hanging out with him. :goodvibes
Aw, so sweet. I love when you have a character that really takes the time to bond like that.

Wow, those are pretty!

Daisy was making her way around again. She stopped at the table behind us where this high school/college age guy was sitting alone. I think his parents were at the buffet? Well Daisy just sat right down and started pretending they were on a date! Too cute and we were all laughing! :rotfl:
What a great Daisy! So fun!

Sounds like you had fun at the dinner, especially with Daisy! I love when the characters really get into the act and don't just do the pose and move on routine.

Now I think that we have all gathered that I am in no way a relaxed person.

I think me and you could do a trip just nicely together :rotfl2:

Jim is not a morning person and was not such a happy camper at this point.

And Jim and Dan could do a trip together! :laughing:

But Jake is a morning person, so smiles from him at the bus stop!

I love that DS is a morning person too! Makes it that much smoother, especially when one of the adults is acting like a child :rolleyes1

Of course I asked, "What are you doing?" And he replied, "Hold on, I'm stretching my shooting muscles!"

Is it sad that I do this too??

I was a little ashamed that our scores were so close, especially since he's only 3. I need to step up my game!

Wow that was close!

The meet was a quick surprise! The Times Guide had it listed that Mickey would begin meeting at 10:00 but the CM I talked to said that was completely wrong - the meet opened as soon as the park did. So I guess the Times Guide isn't always 100% correct?

Very interesting. So bus drivers and the Times Guide are both unreliable.

Good family pic!

And maybe just a little bit happy since that means the likelihood of them joining us for any ADRs is slim to none since they will be several hours away. :goodvibes :worship: :rolleyes:

:rotfl2::thumbsup2

t was a nice preview for my solo adventure in October!

So SO JEALOUS! But it gives me hope that if you can do it and you're leaving behind three kids, I can do it and leave behind two. :worship:

Side note - I was surprised at the number of people walking up and asking the CM at the entrance "What is this?". I don't know if it's because I'm so involved in planning and here on the DIS but I am continually amazed at how many people seem to go to WDW with almost no clue!

Not gonna lie, this was us in 2008. It was our first trip and we both thought, meh, it can't be that different from Disneyland (which we're pros at) but OMGOSH how wrong we were.

Nate agreed to see a "girl" show for me. "Because you're a girl, mom. And we can see this for you." :rotfl: So kind of him to accommodate me!

Aw how sweet of him :laughing:

And that's where the pictures stop. Because the next 5 minutes were the scariest moments of my entire life.

I was with Colin, sitting inside one of the many tunnels. He said he wanted to go somewhere else and I said "Ok, wait for me to get up!" And did he wait? :sad2:

No, he promptly took off. I got up as quickly as I could but I was cut off by some kids climbing the other way in the tunnel. I made my way out and Colin was nowhere to be found. :eek:

I looked EVERYWHERE. But that place is a literal zoo. I found my parents and Jim and we all split up looking for him. My heart was beating like crazy and I was in full panic mode. I was just about to go find a CM when I looked up at the ropes course.

And who was up there, jumping around like he didn't have a care in the world? :headache:

I did the mom yell, you know the one? And he came down right away. I took him out of the play area and we had a long and hard talk about what had just happened. It was not pretty, I promise.

So, for me, the closing of the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground is not such a bad thing.

OH geez! We've only been in there once with Calvin and it was just crazy, you can lose a child in there so easily. Thank goodness he was safe!

Mike isn't quite so cuddly.

:lmao: He isn't, and it cracks me up and it makes me feel so bad for the CM in there!

Nate was not a fan of the science fiction movies playing. He doesn't like anything "spooky" or "scary" so he asked for a wall to be built so he wouldn't have to see the screen. :sad2:

Good idea for the wall!

We sat in the back row for our first ride. Now, Colin was just 3 years old on this trip. But the boy is a serious thrill seeker and he has declared Tower of Terror to be his favorite ride in all of Walt Disney World.

Oh my gosh, is he tall for his age? When is his birthday? Cause we went to Disneyland for one day a few days ago and he STILL isn't tall enough for the 40 inch rides! Even one of the kiddie rides they have at California Adventure he wasn't able to go on.

Ick that makes anxious. So many people! But that's how it looked when we saw the lights too and it was just pure craziness!

At least Mickey was looking at me. :rolleyes:

:lmao:

Yep, I imagine we'll be sending back plates like this too. DS still shares off our plates because DM and I usually never finish our plates.

So sweet!

And lots of Christmas-y (that’s a word, right?)

I'd use it! :thumbsup2

Hilarious!

I'm on the cell phone so quotes are not happening; DIS has to work on that one.

Minnie's Holiday Dine looks so fun!! I love all their cute costumes and the food sounds yummy. I mean cranberry butter? My tummy actually rumbled!

Your photos of your boys and the characters are all so cute. And little Jake's corn dog plate is just too much.

I'm so glad Daisy spent so much time with you guys! Those meets are the ones I hope DD has when we finally take her.

Yummy dessert! And those cakes look amazing.

I don't blame you for not staying for EMH you guys had quite a day.

Yay a birthday note from Mickey!! I love those special Disney touches.

Bed by 9 sounds like an amazing way to end an eventful day.

Excited for Epcot!!

Loving your TR!! The boys are so cute...I love seeing people Disney happy!!!
We are there in May as well - so off to read your PTR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter