How much Christmas can we squeeze into 3 days? Nov/Dec 2015 TR *NEW TR Link 5/18!*

When the great Disney service bites you in the butt...:rolleyes:

I would have liked at least a little "it might be a few minutes." Even just to give DH that look. But it's good you guys didn't have too much hassle with the change!

I know it's probably petty but I would have liked a little bit of hassle just to show them what happens when you make plans last minute. But Disney customer service is just too amazing for that, I guess!

Ood, sounds like dinner in a disco! I'm glad the food was good, but I'll be sure to request to not eat in the ice cave when we go!

A dinner disco is the perfect way to describe it! And no ice cave, for sure! The other rooms looked fine. Fun atmosphere!

LOL! Hey they tried! I can't imagine how hard it is to get all of them to stand still for a picture, haha.

I have deleted hundreds, if not thousands, of pictures from my phone trying to get them all just to look at me at the same time!

Hahahahaha.. :rotfl2: Giant can of Playdoh, I'd go running too!

Me too! I can understand - I'm sure it reminded him of the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground!

Look at Jake with that remote, lol! He's all business ;) Really we like Pop too especially for quick trips. Hopefully you guys had good luck with the buses, we always do. It's a cute resort and like you said if you're just sleeping there, it's just right.

I just noticed him holding the remote in the picture! We keep ours on a shelf because he is obsessed and they tend to disappear. So I'm sure he was excited to get to actually hold one!

The buses were awesome. The only time it was crowded was leaving MVMCP. Pop was very cute and the perfect spot for a quick trip!

Ahhahahahahaha... I feel you.. I'm sure all of us here do.. Like what do you even say to them!? "Do you understand I was up at 6 AM 180 days ago to make this reservation!?" But really my fiance's family can be the same way and I plan EVERYTHING out far in advance.. so yeah, I hear ya.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way! It's so frustrating!

What can ya do!? Lol. It's so hard to explain to non-Disney goers!

Right! Which probably explains why his family has no desire to go to Disney. Which isn't a bad thing. I think I might have a heart attack trying to get them to be on time for rope drop and ADRs!

Awwwww, this turned out really cute! Not bad at all. Seems like they had quite the system set up. That's so nice that you could go walk around and shop while you waited.

I was really happy with the entire experience and the picture turned out very well. And the pager system was amazing!

Did Photobucket crap out for you too!? I tried adding pics from our November trip and it wouldn't let me get past like the third day so I had to switch to Flickr.

The limited storage space was a pain. And the files I inserted into my reports here were suddenly huge, even when I resized them. I read lots of good things about Flickr and they have basically unlimited photo storage!

Lol Disney pulls through once again! :rotfl: I'm glad it all worked out, but wouldn't you like to say "I told you so!?" :laughing:

I would have LOVED an "I told you so!" moment. But Disney customer service is just too awesome for that!

Omg, I haven't eaten there since probably 2009 but I remember sitting in there too. It had just opened a few years prior so I had no idea what to expect. And I was like what in the world is happening!? And it was freezing the entire time. Really cute place though and it's so well themed. I'm sure the boys loved it.

It was crazy! I had read on a review that the Ice Cave was not a good place to sit but really didn't want to push the issue with our situation. I think another area would have been more fun for everyone. But they did love the dinosaurs, of course!

:rotfl:That's funny, would feel the same way too about it.

I'm glad so many people here understand me! I know it might have been petty but a little chance to show them that plans are important would have been nice!

:rotfl2:Connor feels the same way about the storms at Rainforest

Nate is dying to try Rainforest so I'll make sure to tell him about the storms! That is too funny - I find them annoying but not scary. Life is different when you're 5!

These pictures are too cute :goodvibes

Thanks! The boys really did have a great time!

All caught up!

The lines for ME were PACKED!

Wow, like you, that sight surprises me. We apparently always arrive at just the right time to walk right up to a bus. So strange to see a line...

When it was my turn, I explained the situation and the hostess was all like "No problem here!"
Haha, I kind-of suspected that might be the case. I feel like T-Rex operates a little bit more like a non-Disney restaurant than most (i.e. - can call for a reservation, etc.)

The two things that did bother the entire table - it was COLD (ice cave, remember) and the lights were regularly changing colors. Red to blue to purple and back again. It made reading the menu or even really seeing your food difficult. Overall, I would go back to TRex but just make sure to request NOT to be seated in the ice cave!
I'm glad we weren't seated in there! That would be rough.

I hear you on the 15 minute thing and it not being a problem... I might have been like can we make it a problem? Ok probably not, but i would have wanted too... people who don't plan drive me CRAZY, probably because I am such a planner!

I have heard the meteor showers can be a bit much, that they happen almost to often! But at least the food was good!

Wow, like you, that sight surprises me. We apparently always arrive at just the right time to walk right up to a bus. So strange to see a line...

That was our previous experience too - empty line and walking right onto a bus. But this was so different!

Haha, I kind-of suspected that might be the case. I feel like T-Rex operates a little bit more like a non-Disney restaurant than most (i.e. - can call for a reservation, etc.)

They were so nonchalant about the entire situation! It was nice for our plans but I kind of wanted that "I told you so!" moment!

I'm glad we weren't seated in there! That would be rough.

It wasn't the most pleasant and relaxing meal. We did have fun and the boys want to go back again. I'll just to make sure to request anything but the Ice Cave!

I hear you on the 15 minute thing and it not being a problem... I might have been like can we make it a problem? Ok probably not, but i would have wanted too... people who don't plan drive me CRAZY, probably because I am such a planner!

Yes! I'm glad so many people here understand me. But I'm not sure anything will really motivate them to change their ways. I think this is just my lot in life!

I have heard the meteor showers can be a bit much, that they happen almost to often! But at least the food was good!

The meteor showers were a little over the top. We'll go back again, I'm sure...just requesting to sit in a different spot!

Ok I am annoyed FOR YOU that your in laws faced no repurchasions for their annoying ways!! Boy did they get a Christmas miracle!!!!! :rotfl2:

Ok I am annoyed FOR YOU that your in laws faced no repurchasions for their annoying ways!! Boy did they get a Christmas miracle!!!!! :rotfl2:

Ok, thank you! It makes me feel better that everyone here feels just as outraged as I did at missing out on that moment to say "See? Told you so!" :rotfl:

Dinos and Dance Parties

After our cold, crazy adventure in the Ice Cave we headed out into the dump shop to explore. And Nate had his eye on the "Build A Dino" Workshop that he had seen when we were headed to our table.

We looked around the store some and the boys managed to talk my mom into each of them getting a Dino friend. Because we need more stuffed animals in this house.

It was set up just like a Build A Bear Workshop. The boys each picked out a new friend - a TRex for Colin, some kind of Brachiosaurus type for Jake, and a saber-toothed tiger for Nate.

Colin was eagerly waiting his turn.

Making a wish on the heart!

All stuffed and now it's bathtime!

After stuffing, wishes, and baths it was time to name our new friends and take the Dino Promise.

Cute, right?

We left the store and headed out to the dig area to let the boys play for a bit. It wasn't very crowded so they had a good time digging for a few minutes.

But it was getting late and our guests needed to get home...and we needed to head back to Pop and get ready for out first park day!

Disney Springs felt much more crowded at this point than it had before dinner. I attributed that to Saturday night crowds. But we had a nice time strolling and taking in the sights!

I liked this sign on one of the construction walls.

I snapped some pictures of the Lego Store that I had missed earlier.

I would have loved a photo op in front of this display with the Three Wise Men but there was a pretty long line. So I settled for a side view instead.

I though the carriage on the World of Disney sign looked very pretty at night! And this picture gives you an idea of the crowd level.

We stumbled on the DJ/Dance Party and stopped for a few minutes to listen.

We said goodbye to our extra guests at this point since they needed to cross the bridge over to the West Side where they had parked. But don't worry, you'll see them again before our trip is over as unplanned guests at yet another ADR!

So we're walking toward the bus stop and I looked over and saw two toy solider on stilts. Yep, you heard me right. Of course, we had to get the boys picture taken with them!

Jake is visibly trying to escape from my dad. He wanted to stand on the ground with his brothers but he was so short I had I hard time getting him and the toy soldiers on stilts in the frame. That's the life of a short guy, I guess!

Disney Days of Christmas was looking especially festive!

I tried for another cute picture of the boys.

Sigh. We'll get there someday.

We finally made it to the bus stop and the line for Pop was FOREVER long. A bus did pull up quickly but filled to capacity. We were the first ones waiting in line for the next bus when a CM named Fernando came up and started chatting with us. He talked to the boys about their new stuffed animals and was seriously so sweet to them. Then he looked at me and asked, "Can I give them a little surprise?" I said "Sure!" thinking it was Mickey stickers. The boys love those!

But then he walks away and comes back just a minute later with...

Full on pirate gear for each boy - bandana, eye patch, and sword. The boys were so excited! We thanked Fernando as the boys had a great time playing while we waited for another Pop bus to arrive. Amazing pixie dust moment!

Apparently, Nate went into full pirate mode!

Pirate selfie with Jake on the bus!

https://flic.kr/p/Cqd929

Nate was a pretty happy camper as we rode back to Pop!
https://flic.kr/p/DnH9Pz

After we got back to our room, we got the boys bathed and to bed. And even though I was exhausted, I was too excited to sleep!

So I decided to go down to the food court for a treat!

https://flic.kr/p/Cq23Qi

I enjoyed my first Mickey bar by the pool while I made notes in my trip journal. Then it was time for me to get some sleep before our first park day - Hollywood Studios! Pop was looking very quiet as I walked up to our room.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Dn4RdX]

Next up - "Hold on, I'm stretching my shooting muscles!"
[/url]

Last edited:
Love the Christmas store in Didney Springs! Hoping once construction is done we will be brave enough to venture over there again- the traffic- ugh

Seems like a great night!

The Dino toys are pretty cute, even if unnecessary! Also what great pixie dust! Such a great way to end the first day! Must have made the boys day, I mean that and being in Disney on surprise trip!!

We have eaten at TREX twice and really enjoyed the food both times. I do have to agree the meteor showers are a little too frequent!! TREX is operated by the same company that owns Rainforest Cafe (not sure if you have been. We have two in Chicago, so we go there pretty often), which has a big thunderstorm while you eat, but they don't seem to happen as frequently!!

It's definitely awesome how they have all the giant dinosaurs tucked in here and there and I love that octopus over the top!!!

Damn that Disney customer service!!!!! I would have loved for you to get an "I told you so!" moment out of having to add on to your party last minute. Grrrr.

When my Mom and I were there in November, the toy soldiers on stilts were there, too, but there were too many people waiting ahead of us, so we didn't stop for a pic. I just noticed looking at yours though that I had my pic taken with the soldier on the right, also on stilts (in a different costume!) on my Honeymoon TEN years ago!!! I checked my album just to be sure :) He must love his job if he's still there!

How exciting to be pixie dusted at the bus stop!!! :) I just love little moments like that.

So cute that the boys all did build a dino- seems like such a cute experience!

Love the pictures around Disney Springs..so cool that you spotted those toy soldiers!

What an awesome CM to give the boys pirate gear!

Ending the night with a Mickey Bar sounds perfect to me!! Love that final nighttime shot of Pop.

Can't wait to hear about the first park day!!

We looked around the store some and the boys managed to talk my mom into each of them getting a Dino friend. Because we need more stuffed animals in this house.
Not sure if you detest stuffed animals as much as me, but I can't stand them. In our house Casey wants to play for them like a day and then that is it. I'd much rather she get something that has some longevity to it (says the mother whose kid has brought a stuffed animal home on every disney trip) :-)

We left the store and headed out to the dig area to let the boys play for a bit. It wasn't very crowded so they had a good time digging for a few minutes.
This is awesome. I had no idea this even existed. My daughter would love it.

The carriage is beautiful. You were a very brave soul to give DTD a whirl on a Saturday night. I barely brave it during the week : )

We said goodbye to our extra guests at this point since they needed to cross the bridge over to the West Side where they had parked. But don't worry, you'll see them again before our trip is over as unplanned guests at yet another ADR!
Oh no, say it isn't so!!!!

Full on pirate gear for each boy - bandana, eye patch, and sword. The boys were so excited! We thanked Fernando as the boys had a great time playing while we waited for another Pop bus to arrive. Amazing pixie dust moment!
This is awesome. What pixie dust indeed. Guess not getting on the bus isn't the worst thing ever.

Great way to end the night.

I stumbled upon your last TR and really enjoyed following along. December is my favorite time to visit so of course I'm enjoying this one too! Your boys are adorable. Looking forward to your first park day!

Loved the build a dinosaurs. So cute! Although, we are overrun with Build a bears. I am forever thankful they went out of business in our city. I loved that they got some extra magic with the pirate gear. They are so cute.

Mickey bar at the end of the night? Great idea. Why do I not think of these things?

We did T-Rex twice on our recent trip, I am pretty sure they tend to seat the large groups in the ice cave, they have those huge tables set up for parties of 10 to 15 there (I know since we were sat there with our group of 13). I was kind of shocked by the number of people without ADRs too, though to be fair we didn't have one either, what we did have was better the Landry's card. Best thing ever, it was totally worth getting, I loved the firstish in line benefit of it.

My kids and their cousins also talked my Mom into getting them all dinosaurs at build a dino, so we now have 3 dinos at our house, they had to carry them through the airport too, since there was no suitcase room.

Awesome pirate pixie dust!

Oh and yum Mickey Bar!

https://flic.kr/p/DaG8Hb

How fun, I didn't know they did that.

Jake is visibly trying to escape from my dad. He wanted to stand on the ground with his brothers but he was so short I had I hard time getting him and the toy soldiers on stilts in the frame. That's the life of a short guy, I guess!

Aww poor guy

https://flic.kr/p/DkngDQ
It's still cute :thumbsup2

That is so awesome, :cheer2: yay for extra pixie dust on your first day.

wow, I totally missed that this started - so obviously way behind, but my attempt to catch up and comment where appropriate (ok, I tend not to require appropriateness)

Sounds like a smart move to having that pre-trip night in the hotel ... and what a fun idea to do a Chick-Fil-A picnic!

That reveal video is great! Well, other than the part where Nate punched his own eye out at least. That is kinda funny how you had to spell it out for them.

That's great that your parents were able to meet you at the airport like that so you could all go on ME together. Did you tell the boys beforehand that their grandparents were coming too or was that a surprise when they showed up?

I love how in your picture of the entrance arch the woman in front of you is also leaning out to get a picture

hey $50 off each room is still $100 total (if my math is accurate) so that's not to shabby at all!

Your relatives sound very similar to my wife's family. Everything is very casual so they don't think of things and meanwhile I am like "can you at least let me know how many people are coming and for how many days? I need to know how much food to buy, for example?"

Sounds like a great system with the Santa meet and nice that you felt you got a good amount of time with him

Oh good, the hostess didn't "think" it would be an issue ... I mean, you've been planning this vacation for over 6 months, but she doesn't "think" it will be a problem, so that should fully put you at east :rolleyes:

I feel like the lack of repercussions justifies their lack of planning.
seriously! That will only encourage them in the future! You should have asked the hostess to at least make a big show about it and that she would figure out a way to make it work *this* time, etc.

Glad you enjoyed the meal though. My kids have been pretty intimidated by the animatronic dinosaurs so we haven't eaten there yet (and to be honest other places appeal to me more so I don't push it). We have let them play in the dig site outside - love that "not-really-sand" stuff they use!

Wow, what great pixie dust - the boys must have been thrilled! All in all a pretty good first day despite a little family drama :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter