How Much Cash Do You Bring?

kmdrago1783

Mouseketeer
I plan on using my Magic Band for everything in the parks and staying on site the entire time. I feel like I should bring some cash just in case but how much???

11 more days!!! Woohoo!!! :)

I don't take ANY cash. Cash cannot be replaced if it is lost. I tie my debit card to my MB and go.

Very little. If I need it I will use an ATM somewhere. I would bring my credit card though. Magic bands can fail.

I never take cash. My Disney Visa & ID plus my AP card.

I've realized the 1st thing they ask for if you have an issue with your MB at guest relations is for ID so thats why I always have mine with.

We had around $20 between DH and myself for a week. Just to tip bellhop, driver, etc. here and there. I had debit card along just in case we needed ATM, but we never used it.

We were there 8 nights and had a total of $100 cash. I only carried $20 or $30 at a time. It was all in small bills to use as tip money ($40 of which was in $5 bills left out everyday for housekeeping) or if a cart was cash only.

I also brought a roll of quarters, just in case for laundry/tolls. FWIW, the laundry at AoA would not take Magic Band, but would take credit card.

I don't like to charge anything to the credit card. That way I won't overspend. I try to have $50-100/day for meals, etc.

I was there for 7 days this February and brought 500 cash. Got home and had 482. left in my pocket. The pleasure of utilizing your band. Next February I am bringing 20.

I'm the odd one out, I don't like using my CC unless I have to, and if I want cash I hate paying the fee to use the ATM machine. I usually pay for all my QS meals and any little things in the parks with cash. I usually take anywhere from $100 to $200 with me, but only carry around $20 or $30 to the parks, the rest goes in the safe in the room. I also carry and ID, my AP card, my TIW card and either a CC or my debit card. I never charge anything to my MB, every time I've tried the machine couldn't do it so I don't even bother any more.

No cash. We don't usually carry it at home either. We use our Magic Bands and our Disney Visa for everything (and pay it off in full each month.)

We charge everything on our MB, but i still bring $100 cash on the trip (plus quarters and pennies for pressed penny machines) we rarely use the cash, but have it for tips and for the occasional "cash-only" vendor. I was dying of thirst one day in DHS & the only cart convenient was having trouble with MBs. She took pity on my son & I and gave us a free drink, but i always keep a $20 after that.

Wow, we are so opposite from most of you! We bring cash for everything in Disney! Sometime's I use a cc to get points (and definitely for booking the trip), but I'm always nervous to use them there because I go a little overboard in all the amazing stores!!! Cash is a lot safer for me lol. Plus, we've gone away too often and have had cards frozen for fraud (both real and not), that I just can't rely on debit/credit. Granted, Disney is a little different than say, Thailand and such... but still! Cash for us it is!

Also... to answer how much... we usually look at our ARD's and then base the cash on that to determine how much per day.

Years ago we were driving to Disney right after work on a Friday. The bags were packed so all we had to do was change load the car and head out. After a couple of hours we stooped for a snack and bathroom break. That's when I realized I had not put my money clip in pocket. I had half of our cash in it along with my license and credit cards.

We just did not use much cash that trip so subsequently we have taken less and less. I will start out with a $20 bill in my pocket just in case there is a payment issue. Sometimes that doesn't get broken and maybe once did I have to grab a twenty.

For me personally I try to set a budget and it's to easy for me to go over it if I just used my debit or credit card. So I'll bring enough cash to cover our meals (ADR or QS) then about $80 for the parks each day for snacks and souvenirs for my family of four.

I usually take $50 in ones and fives for tips. I agree also with the $20 when going to the parks. One cold visit in late December there was a cart in the MK selling mugs from MVMCP (it was finished for the year) full of wonderful hot chocolate for $5... cash.... It was one of the best/cheapest things we bought!

I start with $100. It's for daily housekeeping tips or the rare valet parking tip. Plus it seems once or twice a trip we hit upon a park vendor whose MB or CC terminal is down. Also cash for stops at one of the Hess locations for snacks or drinks.

Not much. A couple hundie is plenty. Enough to tip, play a few games at the Boardwalk, and enough to get a snack at the airport on the way home. Everything else is via a CC linked to our Magic Bands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter